Autopsy Hawthorn v Geelong - "they weren't trying"

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha....
I meant in a home and away game. Now we can say we not only beat them in games that matter but also in games that don't matter.
Let the new curse begin!!!

The Kennett curse will be broken when Geelong beat us in a game that matters.

The ball hit the post off the hands of MacIntosh. He said it did hit the post but he wanted to check that it hadn't crossed the line first. Nothing wrong with that.

That's how he called it, which means he called the behind because the ball hit the post, when technically he should have called a behind, but he wanted to check if the ball had crossed the line before it was touched. If our players were a little more diligent, somebody should have dropped back to shepherd the ball through, and none of this would have happened.

I just watched the replay.

Gunston looked like he was singing the national anthem of a foreign country.

Hope he's alright.

I watched it again last night too, Gunstun v Smith were complete opposites singing the song...

Haha....
I meant in a home and away game. Now we can say we not only beat them in games that matter but also in games that don't matter.
Let the new curse begin!!!

Just on that, I heard Neil Balme on the radio on the way into the game last week.
The hosts were talking about Geelongs run of wins over Hawthorn but even Balmey said we had got them when it really mattered.

I am concerned with some of our players, there a few that are very sore. I would rather they rest them this week, and lose to the colliwobbles , and get them fresh for next week. We will remain 3rd if we lose anyway. Bring in some of the Box Hill Hawks, and rest those of ours that are really sore. Mitch, Gibbo ,Hodgey ,Gunny, could be more, but surely they won't risk them this week. I love to see them win, but it would be better to rest them, IMO..:) We need them right for the game against the 21 Ducker/Diver players on the ground, we all know they have 3 extra stooges to help them play the game. At least we only play with 18 players on the ground.
I guess I will be howled down, but what the heck..:D

I am concerned with some of our players, there a few that are very sore. I would rather they rest them this week, and lose to the colliwobbles , and get them fresh for next week. We will remain 3rd if we lose anyway. Bring in some of the Box Hill Hawks, and rest those of ours that are really sore. Mitch, Gibbo ,Hodgey ,Gunny, could be more, but surely they won't risk them this week. I love to see them win, but it would be better to rest them, IMO..:) We need them right for the game against the 21 Ducker/Diver players on the ground, we all know they have 3 extra stooges to help them play the game. At least we only play with 18 players on the ground.
I guess I will be howled down, but what the heck..:D

HOWL !
I get what you are saying, but our guys will get a week of when we win the QF. These guys are pros, our medical and training staff are top notch, and Clarko has already said players will only be rested if they are injured.

The Kennett curse will be broken when Geelong beat us in a game that matters.
The 2011 QF was a game that mattered and losing it cost us a GF appearance and in all likelihood a flag.

We were never winning the flag in '11, we were the 3rd best team in it that year.
Geelong fans, and apparently even some Hawk ones, need to know the definition of 'games that matter'. They are games where one team knocks the other team out of the premiership race. NOT games that 'make it harder'. It's really quite simple.
There have apparently been 5 such game in history between The Hawks and Cat, the score is 4-1 our way. And the one was the very 1st one, more than half a century ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were never winning the flag in '11, we were the 3rd best team in it that year.
Geelong fans, and apparently even some Hawk ones, need to know the definition of 'games that matter'. They are games where one team knocks the other team out of the premiership race. NOT games that 'make it harder'. It's really quite simple.
There have apparently been 5 such game in history between The Hawks and Cat, the score is 4-1 our way. And the one was the very 1st one, more than half a century ago.

The True curse.

As soon as Roughy went down with his achilles in 2011, our premiership chances went with him!

The Swans were the third best team in 2012 but managed to beat the 2nd best team in the QF and we all know what happened after that. I maintain that had we beaten Geelong in the 2011 QF we would have been best placed to go on and win the flag that year.

It doesn't matter where you finish in the top 4, it matters how well you play in September.

The Swans were the third best team in 2012 but managed to beat the 2nd best team in the QF and we all know what happened after that. I maintain that had we beaten Geelong in the 2011 QF we would have been best placed to go on and win the flag that year.

It doesn't matter where you finish in the top 4, it matters how well you play in September.

And from a Hawthorn perspective, 2008 is a prime example of that.

Bullshit. When did Kennett ever say that 'when it matters' = elimination?
Get with the program. That is the only interpretation, and that is what he told us, maybe you weren't there at the time? We win.

So SJ and Sammy both are saying that Geelong could have beaten us and held back to let us kick 10 straight goals.
Geez I hate that mob more now than ever before!
FFS you blue and white hoop boys cry babies have at least a tiny bit of acknowledgement that you were for once beaten by a team that wanted a win more than you lot just like in the elimination final last year!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back