Unofficial Preview QF Freo v Sydney COLA swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah agreed, it's not a good look. I understand it's just a laugh but I'm not a fan of when opposition boards have derogatory titles in their game day/review threads.
Except for Essendon. The Swans are just taking advantage of a putrid, corrupt AFL system.

Anyway, this'll be a cracker. I don't read anything into the Swans losing against the Tiges. I doubt they are, either. They've been intimidating all season, them and Hawthorn playing like a well oiled machine. Entertaining, clinical, and just a side that always looks better than anyone they play. Still, Freo's looking good. The form's pitching a nice trajectory and there's bits in games, long bits, where it's a joy to see that intensity and class on show. You can beat anyone when you play that way.

No reason to not be confident. I genuinely think we could do it.

You could almost hear the straining in his voice and the pleading of "come on Ross, every other coach has, you have to do this" in that video. That isn't his style on any front!

Builds anticipation. I liked it. Ross was plenty complimentary of the Freo fans today and how they lifted the players.

Early odds have us at $2.45. Can't see us getting closer than that, unless one of their big names is out injured and it is definitely raining on the day.

Can see our dynamism up forward being irresistible in the wet. Start with Ballantyne, Walters, Crozier on the pitch, with Duffy/Suban/other sub to come in later in the match.

Sydney fans can deal with it. It's never a good look for a supposedly professional sporting competition to alter the fortunes of its competitors so deliberately.

Rain predicted all week and about 20mm between Friday and Saturday.
Yeah, we're all big boys and girls but it's nice to start off nice before the s**t fighting starts.

Yeah, we're all big boys and girls but it's nice to start off nice before the s**t fighting starts.
Meh. I want to see a Freo premiership. Couldn't care less if a bunch of mollycoddled rugger rejects from the eastern suburbs of a Sydney get offended.

Anyone else think they have a heap of vulnerabilities Freo can exploit?

Wet weather you say?

Lock in Barlow for 30+ touches and 3 goals then.

Fyfe is huge for us too considering his record in the wet plus Sydney is his bitch.

This game will be won in the midfield no doubt about it. Sydney's conversion from i50s is actually quite poor. Their midfield has been dominant. Beat the midfield we should win.

Ill be doing my rain dance all week!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be there. Think the ground will suit us. It's been pissing down for almost two weeks here and it doesn't look like letting up anytime soon. The groundskeepers at homebush aren't the brightest in the game so expect a messy one. So pumped!

Barlow didn't play in the last meeting. Neither did Tippett for them.

Freo also add Walters and Crozier. IMO Sydney will be written up all week as favourites but I think it's probably more evenly matched than the Geelong vs Freo final last year.

Barlow didn't play in the last meeting. Neither did Tippett for them.

Freo also add Walters and Crozier. IMO Sydney will be written up all week as favourites but I think it's probably more evenly matched than the Geelong vs Freo final last year.
I was there for that. It was a weird vibe. I don't think we can use it as too much of a reference TBH. Swans had been below expectations and fired up for us. They went on a streak after us and we dipped a bit. Our fwd line was nothing on what it is now and our mids were average on the day besides Fyfe. Too many variables

ANZ stadium:
170m x 128m

Subi:
175mx 122m

Fairly similar dimensions, should suit us well.

I think it's probably more evenly matched than the Geelong vs Freo final last year.

Yes, for a start their record at ANZ is pretty poor, no where near as imposing as the Geelong record at Kardinia. Swans home ground advantage is close to non existent.

I was there for that. It was a weird vibe. I don't think we can use it as too much of a reference TBH. Swans had been below expectations and fired up for us. They went on a streak after us and we dipped a bit. Our fwd line was nothing on what it is now and our mids were average on the day besides Fyfe. Too many variables
It was in that average patch of form between facing the Hawks and the bye. Six games, four losses.

Forward line was ordinary then. Freo won clearances and inside 50s. Could hardly convert at all.

It was in that average patch of form between facing the Hawks and the bye. Six games, four losses.

Forward line was ordinary then. Freo won clearances and inside 50s. Could hardly convert at all.

Also there were some really crucial and poor turnovers from the midfield.

Clean record, he will be sweet
Cam Sutcliffe suspended for 4 games, 3 games with Early Plea for Intentional, Super High Contact to Jay Schultz's Brain for asking him a tough mental math problem with a concussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back