Preview Footscray vs Willamstown @ Whitten Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

blackpup: Chris Maple is the shittest coach ever
In fairness I said I didn't think he was any good either :p He's still the worst coach I've had :p But have to admit he's done a great job!

Tutt was brilliant today, best game I've seen him play.

Thought Grant was very very good too, particularly early. Great atmosphere at Whitten Oval today and I'm shattered that I'm going to miss the prelim in two weeks time :(

Good to see you all today, was a bloody good feeling winning that.

Seeing Honey absolutely rip it apart in the second half and watching Jones take several mark of the year contenders, just magic.

Credit to Tutty too, was out on his feet but ran his guts out from start to finish and was instrumental.

Bloody proud of our Footscray boys.

Huge win today, massive crowd too. Think i heard some where 8k.

Jones was taking some absolute rippers in the last! Honey on fire, Tutt using his speed to actually do damage was great. Jong and Goodes good as usual. Talia great down back, especially early. Cordy fantastic in the ruck and pushing forward.

Great win

Geez Markovic has been in a decent paddock!!! Made me feel thin that's for sure.

Cordy was BOG by a good distance, he was brilliant. Honeychurch is going to be a very good player for us. Reminds me a lot of when Dahlhaus first started playing, except he's a better kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The roar and the chanting was unbelievable.

Imagine if it was still our AFL home ground (renovated, of course :p), and we were still called Footscray. Oh, if only.

The roar and the chanting was unbelievable.

Imagine if it was still our AFL home ground (renovated, of course :p), and we were still called Footscray. Oh, if only.
You stop being a bad man and leave it alone. Bad. Bad Nathan.

You stop being a bad man and leave it alone. Bad. Bad Nathan.
Never.

I still call us Footscray despite the name change occurring when I was 2, and I'm not going to stop. Footscray is who we are, and I hate that we shy away from it.

Let's not have this debate, though :p

For the most part, Willy impressed with their aggression, run and set up but they wasted those opportunities in the early part of the third quarter. That goal from Big Jack in the second was very important and he also drove that monster home in the third. Cordy showed nous in the wind and was strong at the contest but will he have enough pace and strength to take his game to the higher level? Goodes is an on-baller, pity he never had that chance in the AFL as he is a beast around the packs and many of his kicks were very smart.

Footscray will be a lot stronger in two weeks time (with ins from the firsts).

But today, a few boys really stood up in the most pleasing of ways:

Jones - unsighted in the first half in very difficult conditions. Took six contested marks (no joke) in the last quarter, and they were increasingly big. Could have been the difference in the last quarter. Stood up in a huge way.

Honey - was brilliant.

Tutt - we all knew he was clutch, but a really important player today.

Goodes - say no more.

Ayce - the most surprising one for me. I know a lot have had him written off for years, but like a previous poster, I have him as best on ground today. Rucked beautifully, took a couple of great contested grabs (important ones, too) and he's like a midfielder with the ball in hand. What is this, I'm excited about Ayce Cordy?? Seriously, he was a colossus today.

Jong - he's really starting to put it together. Pretty dominant performance - very pleased for him.

The best part about Ayce's game was watching him line up the guy and deliver an absolutely bone crunching bump. Beautiful.

Honey is a jet, love watching him play.

The best part about Ayce's game was watching him line up the guy and deliver an absolutely bone crunching bump. Beautiful.

Honey is a jet, love watching him play.
Wasn't completely sold on Honey, always looked a good player but wasn't sure if he had a very high ceiling or if he really filled a role for us but he's growing on me more and more every time I see him! Quick, great skills and his attack on the ball and man is just first class, will be a very good footballer.

On a sidenote what a *head Ed Carr is, couldn't get a touch and mouthing off to Goodes from bench when he is not fit to tie Goodes bootlaces

Remove this Banner Ad

Back