What's your preferred Grand Final match up?

Your preferred grand final match up

• Sydney vs Hawthorn

Votes: 87 20.9%
  • Sydney vs Port Adelaide

Votes: 78 18.8%
  • Hawthorn vs North Melbourne

Votes: 74 17.8%
  • Port Adelaide a North Melbourne

Votes: 177 42.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks v Dees pre season

But now it's good v evil

There's no easy way out.

Anyone but Sydney, can't stand them. Looks like I'm fighting an uphill battle tho.

Don't like any of them. Can't wait for the day (or night) when it's GCS V GWS.
Port will be better than both.

I hope it's Hawks v North. Two true blue teams.

I wish it was Hawks v Port, but obviously it cannot happen.

People are hoping for a Sydney vs Hawthorn GF, including the AFL, purely on the Buddy factor.

I'd love to see Port vs North. Would be a real fairytale for both sides. Unlikely, but the more appealing option given if Sydney made the GF they'd flog their opponent 2007 GF Style.

I want something different but not a huge fan of north. So I'm hoping for Sydney vs Port with Port winning.

I'd rather Hawthorn vs Port, better atmosphere and probably a better game but obviously that can't happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People are hoping for a Sydney vs Hawthorn GF, including the AFL, purely on the Buddy factor.

I'd love to see Port vs North. Would be a real fairytale for both sides. Unlikely, but the more appealing option given if Sydney made the GF they'd flog their opponent 2007 GF Style.

Or maybe they are hoping to see the two best teams in the league play in the GF?

The most likely game to give you a top contest is the Swans and Hawks...let's not kid ourselves here, partisans and onlookers alike...

Every time I watch North, I see a lot of mistakes. They have many moments of brilliance, and many moments where they go to sleep - usually in the same game. Port seem to be the current team most dependant on being pumped up to thrive, and they're currently on a bit of a high...

However, the Swans and Hawks are unsurpassed for consistency in 2014. It's possible either or both could lose next week, and if they do the winners are fully deserving, of course. Based upon past history, however, four final premierships are very unlikely, and usually end up with a GF thrashing, because the effort to get there from a handicap doesn't last to the end...

For North and Port to contribute to a good GF, they must play each other. Otherwise I'd be tipping a monster win to either Sydney or the Hawks if they play one of these outsiders. A Sydney v Hawks GF is the best matchup for everyone....

EVERYONE!!!

A North vs Port GF would be fantastic for the competition IMO.

It would show that the premiership can be still won from the bottom half of the eight and not solely the plaything of the top four.

Anyone but Sydney, can't stand them. Looks like I'm fighting an uphill battle tho.

Pfft, after all we did for you this season?

Swans / Hawks it has to be. I wouldn't have minded taking revenge for '96 with a Swans / North GF if it was possible though.

I voted for Sydney v Hawthorn. I would like to see Port Adelaide v North Melbourne, but I just don't think it's going to happen. If Port faces Sydney on Grand Final Day, I think Sydney would probably get up considering results from home and away.

Hawthorn has faced obstacles this year and they deserve the premiership more than the Sydney COLA Swans. I want to see Sydney lose by a point. My friend added (to my devilish chuckles): 'Yeah, and Buddy Franklin kicks a behind at the last minute that could have been a goal.'

A North vs Port GF would be fantastic for the competition IMO.

It would show that the premiership can be still won from the bottom half of the eight and not solely the plaything of the top four.

The top four has been a monopoly in the AFL over the las decade or so, Port vs North will be the best matchup for the neutrals.

By default people seem to want what is least likely to occur. It gives the illusion of an exciting match up.

Personally, I want to see the two best attacking teams of this year go at it at full strength in front of 100,000 football fans. Because upsets are only fun until you see a thrashing the next week.

Hawthorn and Port are playing Saturday arvo.

Back