Review How is this board for you? ***Crows only***

How's the board travelling from your perspective?

• Everything is awesome

Votes: 25 35.7%
  • Okaaayyy but please consider...

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • I'm contemplating spending less time here because....

Votes: 23 32.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Howdy folks - please see below a quick summary of key messages and the mods response:
- Spelling/Grammar Nazis. We blame the schools and intend to NOT moderate this type of staff. Having said that.. going on and on about it is prime candidate for the point above.

You did that on purpose didn't you? :p

- Spelling/Grammar Nazis. We blame the schools and intend to NOT moderate this type of staff. Having said that.. going on and on about it is prime candidate for the point above.

Excellent!

…except can you rig up some device that sends a 240V surprise shock back to every poster who uses 'of' instead of 'have'?

K? thnx

I don't think there's a way to avoid repetitive posting when you're talking about football. It's a largely cyclical competition and none of us can influence their form from week to week so we're stuck making roughly the same complaints or commending imrprovements if/when they occur.

As for the quality of this board I started using it infrequently again after a long hiatus, people seem genuine/mostly friendly. Has been a s**t year for the team so some negativity is to be expected. Certainly more interesting/coherent/consistent analysis than you'll find in the media.

I don't think there's a way to avoid repetitive posting when you're talking about football. It's a largely cyclical competition and none of us can influence their form from week to week so we're stuck making roughly the same complaints or commending imrprovements if/when they occur.

As for the quality of this board I started using it infrequently again after a long hiatus, people seem genuine/mostly friendly. Has been a s**t year for the team so some negativity is to be expected. Certainly more interesting/coherent/consistent analysis than you'll find in the media.
Mods agree with most of this - what we want to endeavor to support is those enjoying the repetitive stuff to give them a place to do that - whilst others can hopefully have the original thread free of it. It's going to be awkward at times, but I think we'll find a rhythm. Board rules have been updated to reflect our intentions - everyone should have a read.

I don't know about you, but I'm getting a little tired of reading IF Danger has told the club he's going we should trade him. He hasn't, he won't, he will be a crow next season. Maybe we could ban any mention of the such until evidence comes through to suggest otherwise because frankly it's clogging up this board and it's ridiculous.

I don't know about you, but I'm getting a little tired of reading IF Danger has told the club he's going we should trade him. He hasn't, he won't, he will be a crow next season. Maybe we could ban any mention of the such until evidence comes through to suggest otherwise because frankly it's clogging up this board and it's ridiculous.
If there are instances of such in threads its not relevant we can move to the couple of relevant ones. Not here not moderate opinion sorry. If you want to post and read about danger and his contract... you take the fun with the frustration.

I don't understand people who complain about content, or want certain threads or posts banned or censored. (Hi Jenny). Someone once even suggested we ban the word "franchise" when opposition supporters referred to our club.

I want to know, is there a secret thread militia that goes to people's houses and forces them to read threads they don't want to? They've never knocked on my door, so apologies if I don't empathize with how awful this must be.

If you're not happy with the content, you have the power to create your own thread and talk about whatever you want.

Contribute or STFU.

Excellent!

…except can you rig up some device that sends a 240V surprise shock back to every poster who uses 'of' instead of 'have'?

K? thnx

LOL - I made one of my kids rewrite a paragraph of his work today at lunch time because he used 'of' instead of 'have' and I thought of this board straight away.

a gigantic red NO in the margin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we look around BigFooty at other boards and learn from them?

I notice other teams have different setups for threads - Essendon seem to have a thread for each player which works well for keeping the discussion from repeating over and over. Are there any other structures that work well?

I like the opposition supporters coming over for a discussion, hate them coming over for troll. As soon as they step into that territory they need to be turfed.

As far as PAFC supporters diving in here when we lose or stuff something up, I guess it goes both ways ... how many AFC supporters will be dropping in on the Power board if they lose the Prelim? Maybe we just need a place for the Power guys to come and vent openly to get it out of their systems?

I love how the Carlton board have a Carlton supporters only thread for the Essendon ASADA case
Perhaps we need a crows only port thread so some supporters can get it all off their chest in 1 thread ;)

I notice other teams have different setups for threads - Essendon seem to have a thread for each player which works well for keeping the discussion from repeating over and over.
Have noticed this. Looks good I reckon. Would be a good addition.

As far as PAFC supporters diving in here when we lose or stuff something up, I guess it goes both ways ... how many AFC supporters will be dropping in on the Power board if they lose the Prelim? Maybe we just need a place for the Power guys to come and vent openly to get it out of their systems?
A ***Port only*** thread on our board?

Have noticed this. Looks good I reckon. Would be a good addition.
Don't we already kind of have this in The Lockeroom? ("What the hell is The Lockeroom?")

I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the idea.

Although it's against what may be logically thought, having a thread for each player will actually make it tougher to decide where to discuss certain things. Say you want to talk about whether LJ should be delisted or not, do you talk about that in the delistings thread or the LJ thread? And what about if you want to discuss LJ's potential delisting compared to Luke Thompson's potential delisting, because you think we need to keep one of them. Does that discussion go over both threads?

A current example is "The Great Lynch vs Pods Debate" aka "The 4 Tall Forward Conundrum" aka "BobaFett Stuck on Repeat" - would this go in the Lynch thread, the Pods thread or a separate thread?

In my view it limits discussion. The same end result can be achieved from creating threads on a needs basis and just making sure the discussion doesn't stray too far from the topic.

I don't like new toast threads every time a player has a good game and people should be encouraged to search for older, relevant threads for that particular player, but otherwise I think things are fine as they are.

I don't know but it sounds gay.
3615977-tumblr_mhm5rfrg7c1rcaovvo1_1280.jpg

Back