Sando sacked - confirmed **** crows only ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! just WOW!

Can't help but like Sando, but the question was can he get us a flag????
feel nervous that they haven't already poached the best going around and are only embarking on the search.

Did Fagan put a "No Sando" clause in his contract?
If so...BALLLSY...like it

feel conflicted...sad...nervous...excited....HOLY F***!

Give it time - replacement is there, but it wouldn't be right to announce straight after the sacking of the past coach.

Give it a few days.

and prepare to see this again.

73397870.jpg

I've said my peice about Sando in the past, so will not repeat them now.

This is a very brave and required move in realizing our ambitions earlier, but a personal and heartfelt tragedy for Sando. I feel for him personally, but unfortunately this is a business and we will all move on.
I feel for him, but he'll get over it. The payout will ease the pain... would ease my pain!!

Interesting picture used.

Kind of puts a subliminal negative spin on Sando.

He was a good coach IMO, but looks like the talk of him not being ruthless and not as tactically gifted as we would like has cost him.

We better replace him with a great coach.

I've gone from a feeling of incredible optimism on Monday to incredible pessimism today.

I'm very uneasy about a few things.

- 1.4 million is a lot. Is a new coach for the next two years worth 1.4 million for the club?

- I'm very worried the decision has been made in order to get Goodwin in. Another friend of the club, another member of the boys club. We need someone without connections and allies. Someone who will need to be accountable to all.

- The process behind this decision seems off. Especially given the lack of apparent replacement.

- This very much seems like a scapegoat. I would not be surprised if the board/other coaches have all indicated to Fagan that Sanderson was the cause of all the problems. In sacking him it'd give them some breathing room. When really in sacking Sando it's confirmation that something is off with the club. The buck shouldn't stop with Sando, every board member and coach needs to be accountable, like Sando, for the state of the club this decision confirms. If Sando goes and everyone else stays, well, that's just not right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I gotta say, I love how bold this move is BUT if we've done this solely for the purpose of acquiring Goodwin (an untried assistant) then we're really not changing that embedded culture of jobs for the boys at all.

As much as I didn't rate him as a coach, best of luck to Sando. He's not a bad guy.

The stories of him losing the players have been spoken about all season, I had been told Roo had been brought in to sort it out obviously the review reflected poorly on him but seems to shed some light on some of our performances -they looked disinterested and shitty at times! The change had to happen then.

Port supporters: Do you think it was the right decision to sack sando?

No, unless you have a gun coach to replace him.
What about the rest of the board that extended his contract.
If this is a sign of things to come from your new CEO, expect a big broom to go through the club in the coming days / weeks.
By the way, thanks for taking the limelight away from us this week.
Low key approach to a prelim is not a bad thing. ;)

The club is embarking on a nationwide hunt for a coach? Surely we would have somebody in line, and it better not be a rookie coach like Goodwin.

Once again, Sando is an absolute top bloke and I'm gutted. I wish him all the best..

Roo joins the Board.
Fagan Steps in to CEO.
Stabby steps down as mod.......
Sando sacked.

Stabby for coach??

On a serious note, Sydney is still in the finals so doubt it is a Sydney coach. Will be fascinating to watch.

Does this screw us over or improve our chance for Cameron?

“Both parties have realised they have different perspectives on where we are at as a footy team."

“It is a tough decision but one the Club feels pushes us closer to realising our ambitions."

I really hope by this they mean Sanderson wasn't willing to make the tough calls on those around him, so we've done it for him. Time for change, and a lot of it.

Probably refused to call time on Pods and was vehement that ROK would add something to our 22 for a couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back