Sando sacked - confirmed **** crows only ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm worried now...

Some of our players are extremely close to Sando and this could seriously change some of their minds in terms of re-signing with the club.

If we lose One of our stars (Danger, Sloane, Tex etc) It's going to be disastrous.

Saying on Fox news he was sacked because we failed to make the finals....was there a clause in his contract stating such??
I was told it was a distinct possibility..
I feel for Sando but it sounds that he brought it on himself in a few ways..
Splintered playing group..
HOW CAN THEY SACK HIM IF THEY DON'T HAVE A REPLACEMENT IN LINE?!!!
If someone is not the right man, you move him on..
Not keep him just in case..

Are you sure that Danger wasn't one of the players who said Sando needed to be gone?

He'd certainly be one who's opinion would have weight. It's not Sloane.
All I remember is that Danger held Sando in high esteem. I seriously doubt he wanted him gone. Hope I'm wrong, but it's a gut feel and I think he'll leave.

Like father, like son.

Chad-Cornes-5670292.jpg

No, unless you have a gun coach to replace him.
What about the rest of the board that extended his contract.
If this is a sign of things to come from your new CEO, expect a big broom to go through the club in the coming days / weeks.
By the way, thanks for taking the limelight away from us this week.
Low key approach to a prelim is not a bad thing. ;)

Not a problem mate ;)

I really don't think they DO have anyone lined up......

Unlike Freo's coup where Lyon was in the minute Harvey was sacked!

I sense another F*** up!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully the new coach is given free rein by Fagan to pick a team of assistants.

Sando never had has own coaching team. He inherited Craigy's boyz who should have shared responsibility for '10 and '11 and been moved on. Whether that was the fault of Trigg being stingey (especially after Tippettgate) or Sando lacking in ambition, we may never know.

But you've got to give the new coach a chance to build his own team around him. A terrifying scenario is entering next season with a new head coach surrounded by the good old Craigy's boyz.

Last edited:
I can't keep up, Fages, Wang Wang / Funi and now Sando!

If Wang Wang and Funi don't manage to reproduce this time, I would suggest Fagan will have them traded...

If this means Danger stays then I'm for it.

This may determine whether he stay or goes. New Coach may demand to know. If he is an experience coach he may tell danger ...no commitment we will trade you.

Everyone is saying that this is a real bad PR job but I am actually excited and I need to know the outcome

Probably refused to call time on Pods and was vehement that ROK would add something to our 22 for a couple of years.

This is what I'm hearing as well.

Sando was adamant the list was premiership bound and wanted to top up with 1 or 2 more senior players but Roo said the list was under performing and needed to be far more realistic.

Pods gone.

I've said my peice about Sando in the past, so will not repeat them now.

This is a very brave and required move in realizing our ambitions earlier, but a personal and heartfelt tragedy for Sando. I feel for him personally, but unfortunately this is a business and we will all move on.

A tragedy it is not. He gets his contract paid out and can either take a breather to refresh or put his hand up for assistant gigs and jump straight back in. Losing Dean Bailey was a tragedy, Sando has just failed, as many others have, at being a senior coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back