Mod. Notice 2014 Grand Final ticketing buy/swap/sell thread - only for Hawthorn members and supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

This has been answered about 10 times.
They do random checks, obviously logistics mean only a small percentage can be checked. It's not too hard to have a look at the turnstile and avoid the guys in suits doing the checking.

My apologies.

Cheers for clearing that up.

They get "shitty" because selling your ticket to a non-member then denies legitimate silver members the opportunity to buy tickets.

Do you think its fine for priority 1 hawks members to sell their ticket to a non-member, and have priority 2 & 3 members miss out ?

Ye its wrong, but if the AFL did the right thing and actually allocated clubs more that the allocation now, this would not happen. But all they are worried about is the bullshit corporate, mcc and AFL members. Its a joke.

Has anyone ever bought a ticket on someone on match day, outside the gate?
My question would be has anyone ever sold their ticket outside the ground? I remember seeing quite a number of people last year with the old "Need a ticket" signs. My immediate thought was "Why would I sell you mine?". (Outrageous profit aside)

I dont get why they would get shitty if someone else is using their ticket. Its been paid for so who cares. The AFL are making millions in ticket sales, so they should just get over themselves.

They get "shitty" because selling your ticket to a non-member then denies legitimate silver members the opportunity to buy tickets.

Do you think its fine for priority 1 hawks members to sell their ticket to a non-member, and have priority 2 & 3 members miss out ?

Because it means another paid up member is missing out, they could have got that ticket.

I wish it was because the AFL cared about the members, but I'd say it's purely about limiting scalping.

My question would be has anyone ever sold their ticket outside the ground? I remember seeing quite a number of people last year with the old "Need a ticket" signs. My immediate thought was "Why would I sell you mine?". (Outrageous profit aside)

There were scalpers outside in 2012. I had tickets but was waiting for friends outside gate 3 for ages, some bloke came up and asked if I was looking to buy, with some ridiculous price attached. (Can't recall what sorry, but I think it was over 1k).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I missed out on a Grand Final ticket in 2008 and I was really pissed off. Since then I have become an AFL Member (currently silver AFL member). The last three years I have been able get a Grand Final ticket, which I wouldn't have gotten being just a normal Hawthorn member. I highly recommend getting an AFL membership.

As a silver member with Hawthorn support, I get the same benefits as a normal Hawthorn membership (membership scarf, P3 Ballot, etc.), plus I get to go to up to 40 games a season, the first two weeks of the finals for free (or a booking fee if it's going to be a sold out), and if the Full membership allocation for Grand Final tickets isn't taken up (like the last three years), I get to buy a Grand Final ticket.

For me it was a no brainer. And If I had signed up as an AFL member is 2000 (when the hawks started playing home games at the G), I would have been a Full AFL member by 2008, and I would have been able to buy a Grand Final in that years as well).

For me it was a no brainer. And If I had signed up as an AFL member is 2000 (when the hawks started playing home games at the G), I would have been a Full AFL member by 2008, and I would have been able to buy a Grand Final in that years as well).
Full member by 2003 :)

Of course, you have to take into account the cost of being an AFL member, compared to a normal, or even silver, Hawthorn member

Hi, I have two category one tickets for sale. I am in Sydney. They are good tickets. They are Level 1, Bay M6.

As I am in Sydney, I could courier them to you but you would probably have to physically walk into a bank and deposit the money into my account - like the good old days. Unless of course you know someone in Sydney.

Hi, I have two category one tickets for sale. I am in Sydney. They are good tickets. They are Level 1, Bay M6.

As I am in Sydney, I could courier them to you but you would probably have to physically walk into a bank and deposit the money into my account - like the good old days. Unless of course you know someone in Sydney.
Hi mate how much did u want for them send me a msg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back