List Mgmt. We Got Him! Beams Trade Discussion (Not the Hype Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Gold Coast won't get Beams. We have his brother, higher picks, more cash and GC have no need for him with the midfield they are building. He's coming to us or staying at Collingwood.

I think we should definitely be angling to have Ryan Lester as part of a possible trade. With Beams, Rockliff and Redden there isn't much hope for Lester to be any more than a depth player at Brisbane. Meanwhile Collingwood's midfield depth is terrible without Beams and Lester is a fine replacement for Luke Ball.
Personally I'd offer our first two picks and Ryan Lester. Generous but a fair trade for a contracted, 24yo superstar imo.

Like with Ryder, Brisbane will make their pitch and a contract offer to Beams. No doubt Gold Coast will do the same. From what I can gather, Brisbane has a greater capacity to present a superior financial contract to Beams, especially if they can pay 105% of the cap next year and re-negotiate existing front ended contracts.

If Beams were to nominate Brisbane that may also have a positive impact on Ryder doing the same.

If Beams were to nominate Brisbane that may also have a positive impact on Ryder doing the same.

I think you are spot on Roy, this type of news you would think will hopefully have an influence on Ryder.

I am terrified that the Suns will pinch him. Surely they don't have the type of cash we will have to throw at him.

Hard to gauge how much spare cash we have in the cap. Bock, Campbell Brown and Hunt come off our list for next season so that frees up a minimum $700k-$1mil you would think? You guys surely have the bait though in Claye. It will cost overs but I think you guys will get the trade done. Pies need to trade him this year instead of next.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you use 4 plus 22 on Beams, how will you trade for Ryder?

Yeah, doesn't seem likely does it? Impossible without trading away an established player, or a valuable kid like Aish.

Hope he makes it to you guys to play with his brother.
Helped the club win a flag so he owes us nothing.

Comments are appreciated. TBH, i don't think you guys will be compensated as much as you probably deserve for him, but it will be decent. We aren't going to try and rip you off with this trade. You will get something decent in return. Pies have some good young talent, and you'll be able to very quickly regenerate your list and the players you have lost i think.

Most ideal for us - Pick 4 for Beams. However Collingwood will play hardball so we'll have to give something else up. If we're getting Ryder (with our early 2nd round pick) the club will still want a second round pick for academy stuff, so Pick 4 + Leuenberger for Beams + Collingwood 2nd rounder could work for us.

Comments are appreciated. TBH, i don't think you guys will be compensated as much as you probably deserve for him, but it will be decent. We aren't going to try and rip you off with this trade. You will get something decent in return. Pies have some good young talent, and you'll be able to very quickly regenerate your list and the players you have lost i think.

Good post.

This is the guy that we want. We surely won't run the risk of a Fremantle-Mitch Clark scenario where we let it drag out to the point where the player gets cold feet, even if we were in a position to do so.

There's no reason this can't be a win-win trade.

When and where did I say 4 & 22 for Beams was going to happen?

You didn't. I assumed pick 4 plus something was a given, I just suggested 22 as the sweetener. Even if it's Beams for pick 4 (which is a little under his value IMO), was just curious how you could get both Beams and Ryder.

IMO, either pick 4 or Aish are the centrepiece of this trade. My preference is definitely to keep Aish.

Then it becomes what else we offer. At a minimum, it might need to be a Crisp or Lester type. At most, it is Leuenberger or our second rounder.

I really don't think pick 4 is enough. I hope I am wrong but a contracted Beams is surely worth more than a high draft pick.
Thanks for a good response.

Its gonna be hard trading him as a player of his abilities hasnt been traded for a while now, still young as well.

I honestly think Beams is a top 20 player in the AFL, and to trade someone you developed so well just for a high draft pick that probably wont be nearly as good as beams is going to hurt. So a straight swap for Beams and pick 4 seems like serious unders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back