List Mgmt. We Got Him! Beams Trade Discussion (Not the Hype Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

This needs it's own thread. This will likely be the biggest story of our off-season.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-09-24/statement-dayne-beams

So now we have to figure out how to trade for one of the league's best players, while still under contract, two years away from free agency.

Pick 4/5 seems like the obvious starting point. I guess what we have to offer on top of that depends in part on how much hope Collingwood have that they can keep him long term.

I reckon if we had to throw in our second round pick, we'd still consider that a very good deal.

And the complicating factor is the Gold Coast: will this be a two way race, or will Beams nominate one club or the other and hold to that?

I know this sounds stupid, but at the Brownlow I thought his body language seemed quite weird. Sitting to the side with his back towards Pendles. I thought it was nothing and would have stupid to raise but there you go!

What are you guys willing to give up?

Given he has requested to go home, Pick 4 for Beams seems reasonable in the circumstances

given he is still contracted we might keep him for an extra year and convince him to stay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like this article.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-beams-asks-to-be-traded-20140924-10lkmt.html

Star Collingwood midfielder Dayne Beams has asked to be traded back to his home state of Queensland, with the Brisbane Lions his preferred club.
Beams, 24, is contracted to Collingwood for next year but is keen to return to the state he was drafted from in 2008. His brother Claye, 23, has played 28 games for the Lions, including 13 this season.

The Pies say they are sympathetic to Beam's personal circumstances but want to work out a way that will convince him to stay. The Lions' first pick in the draft is No.4, which the Pies will be aiming for if Beams leaves.

Hey guys, you gotta remember that Gold Coast have 2 first round draft picks.

given he is still contracted we might keep him for an extra year and convince him to stay.
If you keep him for another 12 months, you risk the chance of losing him for nothing. You guys will be likely offered late first round pick for him next year from us. Big risk now that he has requested a trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back