Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Adelaide posters have a look at the Sydney board, a lot of them are fairly scathing at Tippett last night and today. When the game was in the balance (which was really only in the 1st quarter) he choked and his turnovers led to goals.

Buddy was being triple teamed and yet Tippett couldnt take advantage of that, I would hate if that happened to us too.

Just read our board after a loss you condescending muppett.

I feel relieved for me at least that the Tippet saga is now over.

The Swans on Saturday got to see the reality of Kurt Tippet. I mean their arrogant supporter base who laughed in our faces when they got him for nothing. Now they understand his true value.
It was on show yesterday and instead of teaming up with buddy and Goodes to terrorise the Hawks defence he was seen for what he truelly is. Just a very handy tall forward who has struggled in the past in tight situations.
Not because he lacks courage but I think he lacks football nouse. When the Crows recruited Kurt it was from the back blocks where his basketball skills shone out as well as his vital statistics. I remember his early career with the Crows and his attempts to mark always ended with him on the deck out of the contest. He continually fell over until knuckles got in his ear about it.
He had to learn the fundamentals of the game while in his first year on an AFL list. It was like having a tall Irishman in the squad.

His early developement was quite good though and at times he looked awesome in the forward line but he was unsteady when taking a set shot at goal. I remember his 09 final against Collingwood and his shot from 60 metres to put the Crows in front with not long to go. That was amazing but unfortunately lead our club to overestimate his value come contract time. For the next 2 years his developement stalled and we had an opurtunity to trade him to Brisbane but thought better of it...............what a missed oppurtunity that was in hindsight.

I believe many were angry with Kurt because he did not give value back to the club in his final 2 years.

His contract was far too generous considering his output and ability. I believe a man with integrity would have said to the club that he was not happy with his own performances in that 2 year period and would be looking to develope his game to payback the club that originally took the gamble. To repay the faith shown in him by the club.
But not to be........... He chose to seek greener pastures with an over inflated opinion of his ability........the rest is history

One of the worst cases of putting all of our eggs in one basket. I truly hope the club has learned from this.

Now for me I feel there is no more to be said on the subject. His relevance ended on Saturday.

I now wish him all the best for the remaining years of his football career. He may wear a premiership medallion one day but to me it matters little.

Can't decide if I prefer the 2 goals he gave away to Hawthorn, or the hangar Lake took over him.

Some truly golden moments

Be grateful that Gunston gave us a golden moment in 2012, when he shanked a kick with less than 5 minutes remaining.:p

I feel relieved for me at least that the Tippet saga is now over.

The Swans on Saturday got to see the reality of Kurt Tippet. I mean their arrogant supporter base who laughed in our faces when they got him for nothing. Now they understand his true value.
It was on show yesterday and instead of teaming up with buddy and Goodes to terrorise the Hawks defence he was seen for what he truelly is. Just a very handy tall forward who has struggled in the past in tight situations.
Not because he lacks courage but I think he lacks football nouse. When the Crows recruited Kurt it was from the back blocks where his basketball skills shone out as well as his vital statistics. I remember his early career with the Crows and his attempts to mark always ended with him on the deck out of the contest. He continually fell over until knuckles got in his ear about it.
He had to learn the fundamentals of the game while in his first year on an AFL list. It was like having a tall Irishman in the squad.

His early developement was quite good though and at times he looked awesome in the forward line but he was unsteady when taking a set shot at goal. I remember his 09 final against Collingwood and his shot from 60 metres to put the Crows in front with not long to go. That was amazing but unfortunately lead our club to overestimate his value come contract time. For the next 2 years his developement stalled and we had an opurtunity to trade him to Brisbane but thought better of it...............what a missed oppurtunity that was in hindsight.

I believe many were angry with Kurt because he did not give value back to the club in his final 2 years.

His contract was far too generous considering his output and ability. I believe a man with integrity would have said to the club that he was not happy with his own performances in that 2 year period and would be looking to develope his game to payback the club that originally took the gamble. To repay the faith shown in him by the club.
But not to be........... He chose to seek greener pastures with an over inflated opinion of his ability........the rest is history

One of the worst cases of putting all of our eggs in one basket. I truly hope the club has learned from this.

Now for me I feel there is no more to be said on the subject. His relevance ended on Saturday.

I now wish him all the best for the remaining years of his football career. He may wear a premiership medallion one day but to me it matters little.

Agree

Considering we paid way overs in his last contract and sydney has paid way overs to get him ahead of GC, Kurt's legacy on the game will be one of the biggest over paid players in the history of the game

dunno if this has been posted already, but is it just me or is this quite humorous

SYDNEY spearhead Kurt Tippett has admitted his frustration with the “Bondi Billionaire” tag that has been pinned to the Swans’ superstar forwards this season...

...But the ‘Billionaire’ tag is seen by the Swans to undermine the club’s trademark team ethos.

“It’s not a tag that sits comfortably at all,” Tippett said.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ku...inal-performance/story-fndv8ujy-1227073154680

they're not still trying to claim "the bloods" culture are they? Didn't see much of that on the weekend Tip.

I'd day most are angry in the manner he left. Didn't look like he had a problem with trying to F#@k the club over, the club that gave him his first opportunity.

Then I compare that to the way Judd left West Coast. Carlton tried to give way unders for Judd until Judd told them to ensure fair compensation is given in return for a trade.
You look at the AFC's trading history, they have always looked to get the player to his choice of club for fair compensation.

When I evaluate Kurt it starts with a C and ends in a T.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd day most are angry in the manner he left. Didn't look like he had a problem with trying to F#@k the club over, the club that gave him his first opportunity.

Then I compare that to the way Judd left West Coast. Carton tried to give way unders for Judd until Judd told them to ensure fair compensation is give in return for a trade.
You look at the AFC's trading history, they have always looked to get the player to his choice of club for fair compensation.

Cunning Stunt ?

Why are you being so complementary to him?:p

I think where the bitterness comes is that had we been remotely compensated I think we would have moved on.

It's a tough lesson for our Club, but we won't ever do this again that's for sure.:(

Why are you being so complementary to him?:p

I think where the bitterness comes is that had we been remotely compensated I think we would have moved on.

It's a tough lesson for our Club, but we won't ever do this again that's for sure.:(
I think if he went HOME as in Gold Coast, we would have received a half decent trade. By choosing sydney, it's almost as if he deliberately chose the team that had the least value to give in return.

Point system now. You can rack up them up till you hit a limit.

The messages that go out with an infraction detail this.

Keep discussing moderating decisions publically and I reckon we can arrange one for you... ;)
Oh gee I'll shut my mouth ;)

When is the 2015 fixture out? I can't believe that it will be his 3rd season in Sydney and we still haven't had the chance to boo him.

The week before we play Sydney at AO, Tippett unfortunately would have "strained" a hamstring.

I would make sure to go to that game if he plays here, the crowd will be bloody amazing booing him like nothing we have ever seen before in this state, maybe the old State of Origin days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back