Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So where have you posted about Davis, Gunston, Bock leaving over the past few days?

I know, I should be equally pissed at them for leaving for the money/success/whatever they're chasing as Tippett, and direct some extra anger at Trigg and co for the draft sanctions stuff.

But I'm not. Somehow the fact that Tippett's leaving was tied up in sanctions that have screwed our club makes me more angry at him. Maybe because he seemed to be more central to our future success than the other three, harder to replace a 200cm one grab mark with good athleticism and ground skills. After the busts of Carey and Angwin and Watts etc, he was somehow more critical to our future success because he was the least replaceable.

So I guess that's it. I get your point, but somehow it's different. I enjoyed his failure yesterday like I do when Port lose. Now that's done, I don't really care what he does.

I know, I should be equally pissed at them for leaving for the money/success/whatever they're chasing as Tippett, and direct some extra anger at Trigg and co for the draft sanctions stuff.

But I'm not. Somehow the fact that Tippett's leaving was tied up in sanctions that have screwed our club makes me more angry at him. Maybe because he seemed to be more central to our future success than the other three, harder to replace a 200cm one grab mark with good athleticism and ground skills. After the busts of Carey and Angwin and Watts etc, he was somehow more critical to our future success because he was the least replaceable.

So I guess that's it. I get your point, but somehow it's different. I enjoyed his failure yesterday like I do when Port lose. Now that's done, I don't really care what he does.

Illogical hatred - He is the same as everyone else. Hate the game, not the player.

It's not either/or Alex

I'm pissed at Tippett for leaving, and I called for Trigg's resignation over what happened

So it's not misdirected. I'm allowed to be pissed at two people, for different but related reasons
Tried this reasoning many times, it's all black and white though..
You can't place blame on more than one area apparently..

It's similar with other team problems, some think it can't be a mix of issues.. It's either the list or it's the coach or it's x,y,z..
It's simple to just pick one place to blame and direct everything there..

I don't care so much about Gunston anymore, he wanted to go back to Melbourne.. Fair enough.. Yeah he messed up a bit the way he left on that last day or so but it's nothing compared to the money hungry non-team player that's now at Sydney..

I don't care so much about Gunston anymore, he wanted to go back to Melbourne.. Fair enough.. Yeah he messed up a bit the way he left on that last day or so but it's nothing compared to the money hungry non-team player that's now at Sydney..

Nothing wrong with a player wanting to go home, we played a role in rolling over with Gunston and accepting unders for him.

it is a terrible embarrassment that this thread is still exists and continues to grow..

Now hang on there radiojake old utensil - first, I've never been in an argument with Alex before, it makes me feel one of the gang :D

Second, this thread is stopping me check the Who is our next coach? thread every 30 seconds hoping for a revelation

And third, if I don't do this I'll have no excuse not to get on with the work sitting on my desk in front of me...

Nothing wrong with a player wanting to go home, we played a role in rolling over with Gunston and accepting unders for him.

Actually I get more annoyed with Gunston each year when I see what a good player he's become :D

At the time I just thought, oh well who's next!

Geez if we took all the emotion out of footy, it would be rather boring!

Footy is tribal & allows us to be passionate about our views, which we will rarely all agree on.

That's why this forum works... As opposed to say the synchronised swimming forum!

Geez if we took all the emotion out of footy, it would be rather boring!

Footy is tribal & allows us to be passionate about our views, which we will rarely all agree on.

That's why this forum works... As opposed to say the synronised swimming forum!
or synchronised even. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a synchronized swimming forum?? :p
Their posts are down to 1 per month so Alex & grotto have been co-opted to boost post numbers.

Can't wait for the discussion on whether they should be allowed to smile...

Their posts are down to 1 per month so Alex & grotto have been co-opted to boost post numbers.

I'm in the pro-smile camp. Who's with me??

I like to think I am viewed as a happy person in here. If I do offend anyone I am sorry.:)

I am passionate about disliking Tippett, had we received adequate compensation from Sydney for him, we would never have been in the mess that we were in for the past two years.

I like to think I am viewed as a happy person in here. If I do offend anyone I am sorry.:)

I am passionate about disliking Tippett, had we received adequate compensation from Sydney for him, we would never have been in the mess that we were in for the past two years.
Yes, I had you in the deaneus smiling camp ;)

I don't care if you think I'm happy, sad, angry or an agitator or what as none of you actually know me.

If you did know me, you would know I hate talking about footy in real life and never talk about either club as I hate the bullshit that gets talked about - such as the 119 crap or the get a coach stuff.

Therefore, you don't know me and I don't pretend I know you.

I don't care if you think I'm happy, sad, angry or an agitator or what as none of you actually know me.

If you did know me, you would know I hate talking about footy in real life and never talk about either club as I hate the bullshit that gets talked about - suck as the 119 crap or the get a coach stuff.

Therefore, you don't know me and I don't pretend I know you.
No problem, but do you think the synchronized swimmers should be able to smile ;)

If Adelaide posters have a look at the Sydney board, a lot of them are fairly scathing at Tippett last night and today. When the game was in the balance (which was really only in the 1st quarter) he choked and his turnovers led to goals.

Buddy was being triple teamed and yet Tippett couldnt take advantage of that, I would hate if that happened to us too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back