Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you guys don't mind me butting in. Just wanted to say with the whole Franklin saga I understand how you guys might've felt yesterday watching s**t truck Kurt "text message" Tippett with a big fat frown on his face after coming up short.

I've said it many times over the years and it remains just as true now as the first time I heard it, the club is always bigger than the individual. It was that rationale that helped me come to grips with Buddy turning mercenary.

Honestly I think it'll become even easier for both of us groups of supporters in the coming years given both of these scumbags have degenerative knee conditions and aren't likely to maintain their current output for too much longer.

Anyway best of luck for next season and I hope you guys get a great coach, we got very lucky with Clarko but there are other quality assistants out there who deserve a shot. Also best of luck in the Showdowns, Port are a disgusting bunch of ferals and I was flabbergasted by how arrogant they became mid way through the year before they'd even accomplished anything.

Take care guys and here's to an enjoyable 2015 for us both.

Except the world didn't end just because we enjoyed the moment for a little while. Nothing said in here since the Grand Final has made the board an undesirable place to come.... except for the alex_is_on_fire meaningless debates.
Yep, I think I'm able to multi task with laughing at Tiprat on the odd occasion and worrying about everything else to do with my club the rest of the time..

Except the world didn't end just because we enjoyed the moment for a little while. Nothing said in here since the Grand Final has made the board an undesirable place to come.... except for the alex_is_on_fire meaningless debates.

Blame the correct petrson and yes you then have a point.

He is not the correct person. He is a transferance of anger away from the club onto someone else.

Can we at least direct that anger and frustration at the right person

Do you not get it, he was leaving anyway. Like Gunston, he was asking for a trade with out without any draft sanctions. He was never staying in Adelaide.

That's why I don't get the anger. The club has that duty of care to look out for the best interest in the wellbeing and well fair of the club. They didn't do that.

You can hate on Tippett all you like but you will be wrong as him leaving is no different to any other player.
wrong imo. We are angry because he changed his mind about going home to going to a top team. If he had gone to gold coast they would have been able to broker a deal that would have been far more attractive and maybe the whole tippetgate saga would never have come out. Sydney had far lessto offer which ultimately led to the contract issues coming out.

Can we at least direct that anger and frustration at the right person

Do you not get it, he was leaving anyway. Like Gunston, he was asking for a trade with out without any draft sanctions. He was never staying in Adelaide.

That's why I don't get the anger. The club has that duty of care to look out for the best interest in the wellbeing and well fair of the club. They didn't do that.

You can hate on Tippett all you like but you will be wrong as him leaving is no different to any other player.

I get that he decided to leave

I'm pissed that he wanted to. And that his wanting led to us suffering draft sanctions while he goes off and makes megabucks telling everyone that he chose Sydney because it's where his family is..

wrong imo. We are angry because he changed his mind about going home to going to a top team. If he had gone to gold coast they would have been able to broker a deal that would have been far more attractive and maybe the whole tippetgate saga would never have come out. Sydney had far lessto offer which ultimately led to the contract issues coming out.

He never said he was going home. He only ever said :he was a gold coast boy at heart"

And had he gone to the Brisbane Lions or Gold Coast, that second round deal that we as a club agreed to would have been used.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pissed that he wanted to. And that his wanting led to us suffering draft sanctions while he goes off and makes megabucks telling everyone that he chose Sydney because it's where his family is..

Well no, the fact that Trigg and Reid agreed and signed off on it made us lose drsft picks.

Thats that club based governance they are actually responsible for. Duty of care.

That was only a big footy hate myth. They only had this assumption as he said he was a "gold coasdt boy at heart"

I don't give a s**t that he decided to leave, or even that he picked Sydney.

Making all those demands for us to keep him back in 2009 however...there's an individual with some serious narcissism there.

Money chasing mercenary..
Wanted to go to GC when they entered due to their huge $$, then stayed because we threw close to the same amount him..
He got to stay at a club on close to the same money, while agreeing to illegal deals to do so, play at a club that was a chance of success for a couple more years rather than go to a start up club that would get belted every week..
Then once they were established a bit more, happy to go now.. Until Sydney got in the way and a further chance at more huge $$, disguised as Sydney is home..

I have more disrespect for his character than the fact he left us now, would laugh at him now if he left the Bulldogs in the same fashion..
I used to respect Franklin a whole lot more as well.. Happy to see him have his nose rubbed in it yesterday by his old team..

Well no, the fact that Trigg and Reid agreed and signed off on it made us lose drsft picks.

Thats that club based governance they are actually responsible for. Duty of care.

That was only a big footy hate myth. They only had this assumption as he said he was a "gold coasdt boy at heart"

It's not either/or Alex

I'm pissed at Tippett for leaving, and I called for Trigg's resignation over what happened

So it's not misdirected. I'm allowed to be pissed at two people, for different but related reasons

It's not either/or Alex

I'm pissed at Tippett for leaving, and I called for Trigg's resignation over what happened

So it's not misdirected. I'm allowed to be pissed at two people, for different but related reasons

So where have you posted about Davis, Gunston, Bock leaving over the past few days?

Thats being complimentary to him. He is far worse than that, bought our Club to its knees in 2012.

What really pissed me off was when he did he was going because he got sick of people asking when he was gonna sign a contract to stay. WELL JUST SIGN IT YOU DICK AND THEY'LL STOP ASKING!

Then the same thing this week, saying that Sydney being in a GF vindicated him moving. LIKE YOU COULD'NT HAVE BEEN A BIG PART OF HELPING THE CROWS GET INTO ONE?

Thats being complimentary to him. He is far worse than that, bought our Club to its knees in 2012.
Can you post with some actual facts? because the club was going to pay him that. Therefore, can not blame him unless you are going to call Tex, Dangerfield and Sloane a "money chasing mercenary" as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
What really pissed me off was when he did he was going because he got sick of people asking when he was gonna sign a contract to stay. WELL JUST SIGN IT YOU DICK AND THEY'LL STOP ASKING!

Then the same thing this week, saying that Sydney being in a GF vindicated him moving. LIKE YOU COULD'NT HAVE BEEN A BIG PART OF HELPING THE CROWS GET INTO ONE?

Where did those quotes come from>

would love a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back