Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looked a better player at Adelaide. Horse was going to get the best out of him? Hasn't improved for 5 years.

Would like to know when his current contract is up and what Sydney would be thinking about his paypacket and cola squeeze.
Think it was a 4 year deal. Reckon swans will look to offload him with the cola squeeze... Back to his other home further North.

You are under the impression that it is just this thread, there are others.

I wish some people realized that part of the reason we are here is to chat to like minded people about topics that we are interested in.

So, no one is allowed to disagree?

Anbyone who does, they are labbled as people who are not like minded as you.

This is a forum, not a cult.

Have I broken any rules?

If I have, delete and infract. If not, don't bring the heavy like a door man at Red Square.

I've stepped down as moderator, mate. Yeah, my name is still in blue until they push me through the queue but I'm not here to delete your posts or infract you.

Just appealing to common sense. We already know your opinion on this issue - you've brought it up countless time already. This thread in particular has reached the point where almost every second post is from you. You've even responded multiple times to posters who have gone out of their way to specifically mention that they're not interested in debating with you on the topic. I'm all for you having an opinion, whether it agrees with the "masses" or not, but there's no need to wreck the experience for every other poster simply because you don't enjoy the topic.

Think it was a 4 year deal. Reckon swans will look to offload him with the cola squeeze... Back to his other home further North.
I doubt it as the salary cap will increase in a major way in the next couple of years and Goodes and a few others will retire, freeing up more money for pinching other teams best players.

I've stepped down as moderator, mate. Yeah, my name is still in blue until they push me through the queue but I'm not here to delete your posts or infract you.

Just appealing to common sense. We already know your opinion on this issue - you've brought it up countless time already. This thread in particular has reached the point where almost every second post is from you. You've even responded multiple times to posters who have gone out of their way to specifically mention that they're not interested in debating with you on the topic. I'm all for you having an opinion, whether it agrees with the "masses" or not, but there's no need to wreck the experience for every other poster simply because you don't enjoy the topic.

The standard of posting in this entire board has decreased massively over the past 18 months. Now, you and others can blame me - personally I don't really care as I know what I do and don't post about and I know the reasons I do. However as long as we have people continue to post defamatorey comments about the media in the state, posting untrue and hurtfull comments about other people ans bitter and personal attacks of players who leave the club - this board will never improve or return to the lofty hights we once had.

Now, as I said - blame me all you like but i'm only 1/10th of the problem. Not the holistic issue.

The childish comments from some about Kurt Tippett are just bitter, jealous and pointless but you keep bitching about me trying to get this thread and others back on track so the reputation of this board can improve.

Some of the comments I've read today are year 5 stuff.

I doubt it as the salary cap will increase in a major way in the next couple of years and Goodes and a few others will retire, freeing up more money for pinching other teams best players.
Sydney have budgeted for the cap going up & goodes retirement as buddy's salary is still to peak over next few years - which is why he is on less than kt this year. The change of the cola was not budgeted for...

Sydney have budgeted for the cap going up & goodes retirement as buddy's salary is still to peak over next few years - which is why he is on less than kt thus year. The change of the cola was nit budgeted for...

Knowing Tippett probably pissed, that he didnt get as much as Buddy or at least more money. He isnt a $1m player, but he is a vital component to our team back in 2012.

If we paid Tippett $1m, Danger would have to command $1.5 easily.

Knowing Tippett probably pissed, that he didnt get as much as Buddy or at least more money. He isnt a $1m player, but he is a vital component to our team back in 2012.

If we paid Tippett $1m, Danger would have to command $1.5 easily.
Danger will command $1.5m. Just watch the offers coming in! He is a restricted FA and teams will give him HUGE money to scare us off. Hopefully we sign him up quickly to avoid somewhat of a bidding war.

Ive explained who I hold accountable. You only ask about tips and I explain and then you go back to 'move on'.
I feel vindicated on my feelings ;)
And now moving onto other threads.

If I'm not allowed a right of reply - why have a forum and why respond in the first place?

Once he was on the Swans list, his suspension has nothing to do with us. He is no longer a Crows player, we can not control that.

With Trigg, Reid and Tippertt gone - this thread now is just about getting even. Everyone else has moved on, but we told the bitterness tight.

I don't think you're understanding the issue here alex.

Nobody has a problem with you having an opinion - whether that opinion is that Tippett has been unfairly maligned, or that posters are being defamatory, or even that the quality of posting has decreased over the last 18 months. Nobody has a problem with you expressing it, either.

Just don't keep going on, and on, and on about it, even past the point where people are practically begging you to give it a rest. We know how you feel, about Tippett, about the club, about us, about it all. We don't want to argue with you anymore about it.

Danger will command $1.5m. Just watch the offers coming in! He is a restricted FA and teams will give him HUGE money to scare us off. Hopefully we sign him up quickly to avoid somewhat of a bidding war.

Melbourne may even blow that away too, that dont have any players that command a salary of >$800k, Im sure there is a few others. Cats too will have money with players retiring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne may even blow that away too, that dont have any players that command a salary of >$800k, Im sure there is a few others. Cats too will have money with players retiring.

wouldn't that make it harder for them? everyone has to pay the full cap allowance now, so if they need to make room, they'll need to move on 3-4 of their higher paid players rather than a top and a middle range player from a club paying a couple of guys bucket loads?

This is why the AFL should follow the NBA and have a restriction on how much the recruiting clubs can offer and how long (years) they are able to offer on a contract.

Say, we can offer Dangerfield a 5 year $5,000,000 deal - Geelong should only be able to offer him a 3 year deal worth say $750,000 a year.

Make it easier for the original club to keepo them.

wouldn't that make it harder for them? everyone has to pay the full cap allowance now, so if they need to make room, they'll need to move on 3-4 of their higher paid players rather than a top and a middle range player from a club paying a couple of guys bucket loads?

Its scary to think what the top payment at Melbourne is? I dont think Tippett deserves the money he is receiving, considering a host of Sydney players that are more demanding of a higher salary like his or more.

I only got to see the replay a few hours back, from the bits and pieces I saw, I thought he was very very poor today and should have taken advantage of the Hawks double or triple teaming Buddy.

Am I happy that he didnt win a flag with Sydney. #yesIam.

I don't think you're understanding the issue here alex.

Nobody has a problem with you having an opinion - whether that opinion is that Tippett has been unfairly maligned, or that posters are being defamatory, or even that the quality of posting has decreased over the last 18 months. Nobody has a problem with you expressing it, either.

Just don't keep going on, and on, and on about it, even past the point where people are practically begging you to give it a rest. We know how you feel, about Tippett, about the club, about us, about it all. We don't want to argue with you anymore about it.

But it's the same in reverce. They keep posting the same stupid insults to him, "sucked in Skirt", "you didn't win a flag mummy boy" that type of bullshit.

I get what you are telling me, but your not telling them the same thing. I react to their idiotic, not stand up front and be the head cheerleader leading the way.

The reasoin I'm continuing, what they are saying is just as pointless and boring. That's why it looks to me, as if you are telling me to shut up but no one else.

One positive from today was that I didn't feel like throwing something at the screen whenever Gunston had the ball like I used to. Maybe it was just because it was against Sydney - will have to wait until the next Hawthorn game.
Not only was it good to see Sydney/Tippett lose, his clangers were kind of exhilarating too.

One positive from today was that I didn't feel like throwing something at the screen whenever Gunston had the ball like I used to. Maybe it was just because it was against Sydney - will have to wait until the next Hawthorn game.
Not only was it good to see Sydney/Tippett lose, his clangers were kind of exhilarating too.

His clangers costs goals and he failed also
to take advantage of the Hawks double teaming Buddy.

But it's the same in reverce. They keep posting the same stupid insults to him, "sucked in Skirt", "you didn't win a flag mummy boy" that type of bullshit.

I get what you are telling me, but your not telling them the same thing. I react to their idiotic, not stand up front and be the head cheerleader leading the way.

The reasoin I'm continuing, what they are saying is just as pointless and boring. That's why it looks to me, as if you are telling me to shut up but no one else.

Look, Tippett just played in a losing effort in a grand final today. Of course some people are going to come here and relish in it.

The difference is that while several people are coming here and making one or two posts on the issue, you are making a point of engaging every one of them. You are attempting to match all of their input by yourself. It's not necessary.

If other posters were carrying on about Tippett as much as you are about everyone posting about Tippett I'd want them to give it a rest as well.

Tippett had 16 disposals. His highest with Sydney this year. But all means nothing. Must have huge regrets now :D hehe.

Football lesson learnt!

Hawks won because they were the tougher team, they had a harder draw this year, they are physically stronger and got their revenge 2 years later. Hodge one of the best, brilliant player, 3rd player to win 2 NS medals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back