Autopsy Knee Jerk Reactions - The Sky is Falling Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop being so negative! Are you for real, did you watch yesterday's game? If you did how would you describe it because I think swansfan51 is spot on with his/her description. There's no point sugar coating it, call it for what it was. And by god the players better f**king be more shittier about it then the fans. They were a disgrace and I hope they admit it.

I was at the game. I am one of those who spent four figures to get there and I was pissed off with the performance but FFS, it's a game. They're all also gutted and embarrassed. We can't change the result now but we can work together with them in improving next year by showing better support. That's not sugar coating it, it's saying "Alright, you ****ed up but we both know you can do better than that".

Have you ever had a day at work when you performed poorly? If you have, you know the last thing that would motivate someone to do better is your boss flying off the handle and telling you you're a disgrace. We're better off critically analysing what went wrong while keeping the personal abuse out of it. I'm pretty sure at least some of the guys read this stuff.

For the swans to redeem themselves, they need to win the premiership in 2015. But more importantly, we need to go in with the mindset that the Hawks have targets on their backs, when we meet them next year, we need to absolutely pulverize them. Not win against them, not beat them, but grind them into the ground.

We were outmuscled in the GF, and we have a lot to prove when we play them again.

I really think we went into the game thinking we did the job in 2012 with a weaker side, so the addition of Buddy & Tippet should give us the edge. We went in there not thinking we had to crush them to win the flag. Hawthorn knew they had to go hard, and they absolutely rattled us. They're a classy side who were prepared to get their hands dirty. They beat us with some old fashioned crash and bash footy, and then turned on the class when they had us where they wanted.

We owe them a huge payback. This should well and truly take this rivalry to the next level.

if I know the Swans as well as I think I do, we will come out next year and blitz the competition! If we dont, fml.

Shameful performance.
Crumbled under the pressure.
Soft finals draw was a major issue.
Goodes and Shaw should retire. They have nothing else to offer.
Reid should play down back as the key defender.
Richards should become the no 2/3 defender.

Too many people around the club are preoccupied with what venues we get to play on.

Whatever happened to "anywhere, anytime?

Yeah whatever i didnt stay away

Im watching this crap now this isnt probably worthy of a thread who cares

Firstly this is almost little to do with hawthorn clearly a champion side well bloody clearly

This side was cherry bloody ripe going on the experts are captain hindsight afterwards even we fans are but bugger it this team was capable they showed it all year

Despite how they played on the weekend the mids are skilled and talented. The forward line is talented the backline is normally relentless

We let them bully us they bury every bloke into the turf they elbow every player they grab they scrag and push and smash and get away with it

And its a feking grand final you dont want that crap called (tho seriously early they got a charmed run but happens when u make the play) where was our aggression? Where did one swans player make a hawk hurt? Not bloody once

How does hodge get a clear mark in the goal square ffs he is great but he isnt tall

Why were we so arrogant thats all i can think of

Mcveigh can play jack can play hanners parker etc etc i dont care what anyone outside the swans think this side all over the field clearly had the talent to win this flag

They jusy pissed it away

Take nothing away from hawthorn not trying too

But if you want attack or work you wont beat anyone in a grand final even if ur the best side by a mile

The first half umpiring was pathetic
pathetic too

Jacks inability to get a goal early in the first and late in the second some up the game too bloody switched off and lazy

Well done sydney you pissed your chance away

Ill go to my grave believing at worst we were an even match to the hawks in 2014 laugh me out of the room but i think we were the better team at our best but whatever we didnt show it at all or even go close

Today im just angry seen three flag losses

96 who cared they had been s**t for long
2006 we were one of a few contenders and almost pinched one arguably the.crows choking in finals helped us

2014 this side should of won a flag and wasted it in a half mind you it was over well before half time

Can we win in 2015 yeah it seems so far away and we need tweaks in areas but yeah we bloody can if they will do the work they can dominate this comp

This game makes me so angry we should of won

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They just wanted it more and were harder at it from the outset. I think once they got the jump on us it really just became all mental.

We went into our shells and started playing scared. They got a sniff of victory and started playing with the kind of arrogance (not intended in a disrespectful manor) that premiers play with.

Yeah whatever i didnt stay away

Im watching this crap now this isnt probably worthy of a thread who cares

Firstly this is almost little to do with hawthorn clearly a champion side well bloody clearly

This side was cherry bloody ripe going on the experts are captain hindsight afterwards even we fans are but bugger it this team was capable they showed it all year

Despite how they played on the weekend the mids are skilled and talented. The forward line is talented the backline is normally relentless

We let them bully us they bury every bloke into the turf they elbow every player they grab they scrag and push and smash and get away with it

And its a feking grand final you dont want that crap called (tho seriously early they got a charmed run but happens when u make the play) where was our aggression? Where did one swans player make a hawk hurt? Not bloody once

How does hodge get a clear mark in the goal square ffs he is great but he isnt tall

Why were we so arrogant thats all i can think of

Mcveigh can play jack can play hanners parker etc etc i dont care what anyone outside the swans think this side all over the field clearly had the talent to win this flag

They jusy pissed it away

Take nothing away from hawthorn not trying too

But if you want attack or work you wont beat anyone in a grand final even if ur the best side by a mile

The first half umpiring was pathetic
pathetic too

Jacks inability to get a goal early in the first and late in the second some up the game too bloody switched off and lazy

Well done sydney you pissed your chance away

Ill go to my grave believing at worst we were an even match to the hawks in 2014 laugh me out of the room but i think we were the better team at our best but whatever we didnt show it at all or even go close

Today im just angry seen three flag losses

96 who cared they had been s**t for long
2006 we were one of a few contenders and almost pinched one arguably the.crows choking in finals helped us

2014 this side should of won a flag and wasted it in a half mind you it was over well before half time

Can we win in 2015 yeah it seems so far away and we need tweaks in areas but yeah we bloody can if they will do the work they can dominate this comp

This game makes me so angry we should of won

Sadly this is so true. Some of these players will never be the same after that. The mental scarring will last a long time for a few & next year it will show the true character of the players we have. Dont take anything away from the Hawthorn players they walked into a battle ready to do what it took & they did. Hanners gets buried & not one sydney player atleast came in for a push n shove. Pfft the game was lost then and there.

You have 2 choices when a team in a contact sport comes at you hard.

We took the easy choice and rolled over.

That is it in a nutshell.

Everything else is really just flailing around. No tone was set except by the whole team to not take a stand.

For once this year I wish we had Mummy

He would have coughed up a month suspension just to belt a random flog to try and set a benchmark.

Embarrassing effort all round.

On Friday night I ended up in a YouTube rabbit hole watching old Swans highlights and I saw Mickey O's classic goal against the Weagles in the 2005 QF where he got right in the face of the West Coast cheer squad. I could only wish there was a single player who had attitude like that playing in red and white on Saturday. Clubs need a mean streak in Grand Finals and timid KJack and finger-pointing McVeigh are lacking.

Are you suggesting we will lose to GWS again cause.. dunno what i will do if that happened again :p

I dunno we just always start slow and no doubt will again

Id like to see us change some of our movement and the way we play more than set result expectations

Swannies will be back ... Too much class, they just had a bad day.
... believe me, at the end of the 2012 GF ... Most of us Hawks felt the same way ... best team all year, yet dropped the cup on the biggest day.

Swans are favs for 2015 for a reason ... They are an awesome side .. they'll be back ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back