Mega Thread 2014 Free Agency and Trade discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except he's s**t and on top of that he's a dirty, sniping campaigner.

He's also 30, we aren't Richmond recycling every turd that comes our way.

I cant stand this attitude, its 2014

You get away with nothing now and I hold no hard feelings over the spoil on Pedo, it was an aggressive spoil and nothing else

What else has he done? He had that one crude act where he forearmed the bloke, s**t hang him and give him a life ban

Merrett going back could also be a way to release Dunn and or Garland forward

Brisbane supporter on the radio thought Merrett was worth between pick 25-35 , yeah the guys 30 mate

Yep 4th rounder would probably seal the deal...3rd at a stretch. Merrett will be handy for you guys. I don't think he will be recruited as a forward though. If he was a top gun forward, we wouldn't be releasing him. He may pinch hit in the forward line from time to time though. His best spot is full back. He has been a great spoiler down there over a long time. But he is prone to some shocking brain fades occasionally.

Yep 4th rounder would probably seal the deal...3rd at a stretch. Merrett will be handy for you guys. I don't think he will be recruited as a forward though. If he was a top gun forward, we wouldn't be releasing him. He may pinch hit in the forward line from time to time though. His best spot is full back. He has been a great spoiler down there over a long time. But he is prone to some shocking brain fades occasionally.
Ironically, our third is going for Stretch.

Merrett - no
Varcoe - no
Taylor Hunt - no

Frost - yes
Harry O - doesn't matter what I want, he's coming but hopefully on a wing & not down back because he can't defend.

Top three offer us nothing other than 3 more list cloggers.

I cant stand this attitude, its 2014

You get away with nothing now and I hold no hard feelings over the spoil on Pedo, it was an aggressive spoil and nothing else

What else has he done? He had that one crude act where he forearmed the bloke, s**t hang him and give him a life ban

This is not just about the Pedersen incident, you realise there is a reason he has this reputation throughout the league don't you?

Hey guys,just wondering what you think you will trade for Lumumba?

Depends on what happens with Clark.

Mahoney was on sen this morning saying he's worth a 2nd/3rd rnd pick so it will also depend on what we have to give up for Stretch under FS.

I personally think #23 is too much & a pick between #30-35 is about right so unless we get one of those picks it may be our 3rd rnd, again depending on the Stretch FS situation.

Yes to Frost because he adds a young KPD, no to Merrett, very pointless.

We need to add at least one KPD, because if Dunn or TMac goes down, we'd have to use Georgiou, and while I like him for depth, he is not a permanent KPD, he is a mid sized defender who can play taller if required, he's more a back up for Grimes or Garlo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is not just about the Pedersen incident, you realise there is a reason he has this reputation throughout the league don't you?
Nothing wrong with having someone who intimidates the opposition. Might be about time for that actually.

I don't like him but not too many people were fond of Dean Wallis either. But he put the element of fear into the opposition.

Different eras. Back then Mick Martyn made a career out of getting a sliver of the ball and all of his man's head, and that was considered textbook defending. Now it's a free kick if you get all of the ball and put a hair out of place on your opponent's head.

Merrett is an okay defender, a crap forward and at 30 years old, not someone we should be offering anything more than pick #70 for.

Different eras. Back then Mick Martyn made a career out of getting a sliver of the ball and all of his man's head, and that was considered textbook defending. Now it's a free kick if you get all of the ball and put a hair out of place on your opponent's head.

Merrett is an okay defender, a crap forward and at 30 years old, not someone we should be offering anything more than pick #70 for.
Is he 30? That's surprising...

Its overblown, the man plays right on the line and sometimes gets pulled up for it

But with constant television and radio 1 incident gets so overplayed thats all people remember

It's not overblown, he's a untalented thug that has no place at Melbourne.

I dont care if he is at melbourne or not, if he costs nothing then he cant be worse than what we have

Thats your opinion, I dont think there are any thugs in the modern era

Oh my god there are some horrible trades being thrown up by tristan fernandes

Collingwood Recieves Pick 2,3
Melbourne Recieves Pick 4, Merrett
Brisbane Recieves Beams

Why the * would we give up basically pick 3 for Merrett
* these guys are retarted

Oh my god there are some horrible trades being thrown up by tristan fernandes

Collingwood Recieves Pick 2,3
Melbourne Recieves Pick 4, Merrett
Brisbane Recieves Beams

Why the **** would we give up basically pick 3 for Merrett
**** these guys are retarted
Oh my lord that is amazing... did he actually suggest that himself?

No doubt followed by the other host saying "oh yeah that sounds fair for all parties involved"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back