Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't un-see this, can I?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can gouge out your eyes..... But you can't gouge out your mind's eye.

If only there was a magical liquid that could erase bad memories........

If only there was a magical liquid that could erase bad memories........

TunelCanna-70cl-big.jpg

This in the cowvertiser where there are letters from the public about the suggestion of Dangermouse's move to Melbourne.

I would be so shattered if he left, absolutely heartbroken. He WILL win Brownlows, emphasis on the plural, and it would be shattering to see him do it in another uniform. He is the second-best player in the league behind Ablett, unlucky not to win the Brownlow this year, and he's so young. No offer is good enough, we must keep him.
JACK M

This guy is obviously the Jack from Jack and Jill, you know the one who fell down and broke his crown. That is the only reason I can think of for his ravings.

I mean the only reason he got so close in the Brownlow is he's such a FIGJAM player that when he does the right thing he stands out and umps love that, it makes their job easier.
It's just as well I was sitting on the toilet when I read the 2nd best bit or I may have peed my pants in laughter. He was not in the AA team, not even the 40-man squad. He wasn't in the top 10 of the AFLCA voting. I can't find anymore but I would hazard a guess he's well down the list. He was not in the top 25 of the Inside Football SEN award. His 2nd place in the Merv Agars award means absolutely zero, some of the votes he got in that were awarded in games where he played well in one quarter.

But the correspondent got 1 out of 3 right in the third sentence. He is young.

"unlucky not to win the Brownlow this year"

Does he even watch the same game as everyone else?
I didn't see any reason why he should have won. Got way more votes than he deserved, Pretty much robbing Sloane of votes in the process.

;)
This in the cowvertiser where there are letters from the public about the suggestion of Dangermouse's move to Melbourne.

I would be so shattered if he left, absolutely heartbroken. He WILL win Brownlows, emphasis on the plural, and it would be shattering to see him do it in another uniform. He is the second-best player in the league behind Ablett, unlucky not to win the Brownlow this year, and he's so young. No offer is good enough, we must keep him.
JACK M

This guy is obviously the Jack from Jack and Jill, you know the one who fell down and broke his crown. That is the only reason I can think of for his ravings.

I mean the only reason he got so close in the Brownlow is he's such a FIGJAM player that when he does the right thing he stands out and umps love that, it makes their job easier.
It's just as well I was sitting on the toilet when I read the 2nd best bit or I may have peed my pants in laughter. He was not in the AA team, not even the 40-man squad. He wasn't in the top 10 of the AFLCA voting. I can't find anymore but I would hazard a guess he's well down the list. He was not in the top 25 of the Inside Football SEN award. His 2nd place in the Merv Agars award means absolutely zero, some of the votes he got in that were awarded in games where he played well in one quarter.

He will fit in well with Buck's then;)

;)
He will fit in well with Buck's then;)
Bucks did come across as a bit of a FIGJAM player to some but I always thought he was just a bit embarrassed at being so good and didn't always handle it very well. I would describe him as a player who could have been the subject of that Mac Davis song,

"Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble,
When you're perfect in every way"

Bucks did come across as a bit of a FIGJAM player to some but I always thought he was just a bit embarrassed at being so good and didn't always handle it very well. I would describe him as a player who could have been the subject of that Mac Davis song,

"Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble,
When you're perfect in every way"
Humility is an underrated characteristic.

"unlucky not to win the Brownlow this year"

Does he even watch the same game as everyone else?
I didn't see any reason why he should have won. Got way more votes than he deserved, Pretty much robbing Sloane of votes in the process.
Sadly the brownlow has shown in recent years - the ******* umpires don't even watch the same game as everyone else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously does my head in that there are two groups of people that really think this guy is that good, crows supporters and umpires. Ever since i can remember him playing he has almost done something embarrassing or stupid every game. I'm serious in saying i wouldn't want him anywhere near our team. He'd destroy every structure we have in place.

Seriously does my head in that there are two groups of people that really think this guy is that good, crows supporters and umpires. Ever since i can remember him playing he has almost done something embarrassing or stupid every game. I'm serious in saying i wouldn't want him anywhere near our team. He'd destroy every structure we have in place.

I disagree. I think we'd actually make him good.

I disagree. I think we'd actually make him good.

For starters, we would actually get him to pull his ******* head in and become a professional, instead of a self righteous douchecanoe.

JACK M

This is just so typical of the Crows/Glenelg supporter mentality.

It's all about having big names and stars in the team and winning individual awards. They never ask whether a Carey, Cornes, Hodgeman, Modra or Dangerfield can help them win premierships. It's all about the individuals and not the team. It's why they'll be complaining again if they don't get a big name coach and it's why they would never have chosen someone like Ken Hinkley as coach. They just don't understand what it takes to build for success in the long term.

This is just so typical of the Crows/Glenelg supporter mentality.

It's all about having big names and stars in the team and winning individual awards. They never ask whether a Carey, Cornes, Hodgeman, Modra or Dangerfield can help them win premierships. It's all about the individuals and not the team. It's why they'll be complaining again if they don't get a big name coach and it's why they would never have chosen someone like Ken Hinkley as coach. They just don't understand what it takes to build for success in the long term.

You left out Fidge.

Seriously, I don't mind Clangers. I think he's fairly intelligent, obviously setting him self up for media in the afterlife (which is why he's such a smartarse at times) and as a player he can have impact on a game. But to suggest that this year was remotely Brownlow worthy, or that he's the next Judd/GAJ, and that nothing else matters but to keep him is laugh-out-loudable.

I'm going to enjoy the speculation over the next year of Rowe & co, every second week it's going to be "gaaawwn" and I love that.

Then if he does move, they'll soon forget he was a champion for the club and boo him silly.

JACK M

Didn't Dangerwince win the Cows' best and fairest by a country mile as well as being voted the Cows' most valuable player by their customers?

Seriously, I don't mind Clangers. I think he's fairly intelligent, obviously setting him self up for media in the afterlife (which is why he's such a smartarse at times)

Fairly intelligent? In fact, pampered, spoiled and gormless.
Media in the afterlife? How many more jobs are there for annoying, unfunny clowns (apart from those posing as comedians on their ABC). Stephen Rowe and Andrew Jarman have the SA bases covered.

There is a piece on the board by Cheryl Critchley who is described in the story as a left-leaning feminist. In it she recalls how things were at footy matches in the 70s and 80s with racism, abuse, drinking and how it has changed. The removal of foulmouthed abuse and racism of course is an improvement. But she seems to favour a total cleanup of football to the point where all atmosphere is out of the game. For instance she talked about a Port Adelaide supporter being removed for taunting the Richmond cheersquad at the final. If the comments made were unacceptable then I agree with this but she did not state they were. What about the taunts we took from the Hawthorn supporters(and a cow supporter) at the prelim? We just wore those and gave our own back.
There are too many people like this Cheryl Critchley who want football to be overly antiseptic. There are a few things to remember. Don't swear, they're may be children listening. Don't get into arguments that look like provoking fights. Don't use inappropriate language. Don't get drunk. But if we can't poke fun at the losing team while we celebrate our win we may as well be like the Russians or Koreans and watch players competing at chess or video games.

For example, when we were crossing the bridge at the elimination final there was a Richmond supporter with a Hannibal Lecter mask. I asked him what he was hiding under there and was shot a dirty look by a female who seemed to think I'd made some heavily insulting comment.

http://www.bigfooty.com/news/2014/10/bigots-not-confined-to-the-afl/

To sum up, there are places where football can be cleaned up, but some people want to take it too far.

Didn't Dangerwince win the Cows' best and fairest by a country mile as well as being voted the Cows' most valuable player by their customers?
No, it was a cliff hanger of a count, and Paddy's cat had the casting vote.......

There is a piece on the board by Cheryl Critchley who is described in the story as a left-leaning feminist. In it she recalls how things were at footy matches in the 70s and 80s with racism, abuse, drinking and how it has changed. The removal of foulmouthed abuse and racism of course is an improvement. But she seems to favour a total cleanup of football to the point where all atmosphere is out of the game. For instance she talked about a Port Adelaide supporter being removed for taunting the Richmond cheersquad at the final. If the comments made were unacceptable then I agree with this but she did not state they were. What about the taunts we took from the Hawthorn supporters(and a cow supporter) at the prelim? We just wore those and gave our own back.
There are too many people like this Cheryl Critchley who want football to be overly antiseptic. There are a few things to remember. Don't swear, they're may be children listening. Don't get into arguments that look like provoking fights. Don't use inappropriate language. Don't get drunk. But if we can't poke fun at the losing team while we celebrate our win we may as well be like the Russians or Koreans and watch players competing at chess or video games.

For example, when we were crossing the bridge at the elimination final there was a Richmond supporter with a Hannibal Lecter mask. I asked him what he was hiding under there and was shot a dirty look by a female who seemed to think I'd made some heavily insulting comment.

http://www.bigfooty.com/news/2014/10/bigots-not-confined-to-the-afl/

To sum up, there are places where football can be cleaned up, but some people want to take it too far.
Cut Cheryl a bit of slack. She can not only remember Richmond winning a final but a Grand Final :eek:

Cheryl Critchley is a Melbourne journalist and Richmond member who sat in the Richmond Cheer Squad at the 1980 Grand Final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back