Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn’t look much but has a vice like grip overhead.
He’s your old style forward, marks and kicks goals.
He does the basics very well, strangely hard to find many forwards in today’s game that can do that.
I would take doing the basics very well over what we currently have in our forward line. Four tall forwards against the fourth bottom team, with Frost and debutant Phillips defending them and no Sicily and Scrimshaw. The result: 1 goal.

Curious, would a way to decrease congestion be to not allow the 6 6 6 to break until the ball enters a F50 and leave the 50 without a score? Forcing less players around the ball or clogging the forward arc before an attempted scoring opportunity?

You haven’t watched him play in the last few weeks. We get it, you don’t want to admit he can actually win the hard ball and tackle.

Never forget he destroyed your midfield while your two captains went to water.
Im with you that Daicos is a star.

But are you really stalking opposition boards to make sure no one’s saying a bad word about him?

Curious, would a way to decrease congestion be to not allow the 6 6 6 to break until the ball enters a F50 and leave the 50 without a score? Forcing less players around the ball or clogging the forward arc before an attempted scoring opportunity?

I don’t think so. It will just delay the mass flood.

I was sitting up in the Bradman standard at the SCG on Friday and the Swan had 18 players within a handball distant for the whole game.

Carlton were playing 2-3 spares behind the ball. Sydney just won it on the inside and then, given how small the SCG is, just kicked over the spare players. It was a horrible game to watch.

I would dramatically reduce the number of rotations allowed, either as a team or on a per-player allowance. I would also reduce the bench.

Less players, less rotations, teams will need to spread out and save their legs.

Yep and have them wear bibs so we know who is allowed in the 50 metre arc.

You could have the goal shooters wear GS and the defenders wear GD.

You haven’t watched him play in the last few weeks. We get it, you don’t want to admit he can actually win the hard ball and tackle.

Never forget he destroyed your midfield while your two captains went to water.
He's soft and shit.

Just have the centre line cut through the whole field wing to wing, minimum 3, or 6 players per team on each side. Infringement is a shot on goal from directly infront or a free kick from midfield/advantage.

Interesting but just get rid of interchange. Problem solved unless the players become super human!

On SM-S711B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah if my Grandmother had wheels she would have been a bike.
Suck it up Pop.

That's no way to talk about your grandmother :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WestCoastEagles star Elliot Yeo has significant 3-year offers on the table from multiple clubs. @Adelaide_FC at the front of the queue. My understanding is the offer would have a front-ended year of around $1.3 million.

WestCoastEagles star Elliot Yeo has significant 3-year offers on the table from multiple clubs. @Adelaide_FC at the front of the queue. My understanding is the offer would have a front-ended year of around $1.3 million.

We could offer him less game time in the middle and a longer career?

Think he's staying where he is though.

Funny thing with the crows is, they want the game umpired to the letter of the law when Draper fell on the ball and umpired to the feel of the game when Rankine runs too far.

Hunt with the hounds, run with the foxes.

The most blatant “rules for thee, not for me” fanbase there is.

Doesn’t look much but has a vice like grip overhead.
He’s your old style forward, marks and kicks goals.
He does the basics very well, strangely hard to find many forwards in today’s game that can do that.

In fairness how many forwards are allowed to play like that by their coach? And not expected to do other shitty things like defend and ruck and provide an option up the ground and empty the 50 out for small forwards to joe the goose?

Let me get this right….

Petty, Gulden, Haywood, Perryman and now Yeo.

Anyone else linked to Adelaide with huge deals?

I would dramatically reduce the number of rotations allowed, either as a team or on a per-player allowance. I would also reduce the bench.

Less players, less rotations, teams will need to spread out and save their legs.
I'd consider going 16 a side. Would open the ground up and spread the talent pool.

Should need at least 1 player in your F50 at all times as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back