Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 27

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't be surprised if those odds were totally wrong and JHF actually had more votes than Rozee and Butters at this point. He's already a proven vote getter and his style of play is so damaging and noticeable, plus he kicks goals.

The only way one of the three ever win a Brownlow is if one of them misses a lot of football with long term injury. They simply have too much internal competition to beat out the external competition.

Just heard that the Crows have put a massive offer .On the table for Elliott Yeo.
Eagles have offered Yeo a two year deal.The Crows offer is a three year contract with a lot more cash offered.
Just thinking while Yeo is a fantastic player.How many games has he played in the last 3 seasons.Probably around 20 games.
Would be a good pick up for the Crows.Aparantly hes fantastic working with the younger players.

AFL.com.au's Brownlow Predictor​

22 Isaac Heeney (Sydney)
14 Zak Butters (Yartapuulti)
13 Patrick Cripps (Carlton)
12 Matt Rowell (Gold Coast)
12 Connor Rozee (Yartapuulti)
12 Caleb Serong (Walyalup)
11 Nick Daicos (Collingwood)
11 Zach Merrett (Essendon)
11 Christian Petracca (Narrm)
And there will be no mention of Rozee stealing votes from Butters, like the excuses trotted out about poor ol' Bont and Oliver is past years.

Just like they conveniently ignore the fact that Travis Boak got more Brownlow votes in 2021 that any teammate of Bont or Oliver.

I wouldn't be surprised if those odds were totally wrong ....
Those odds are based on where punters are placing their money and I doubt Sportsbet would get something core to their business as that wrong. Betting odds do not have to have any connection to reality.

Just heard that the Crows have put a massive offer .On the table for Elliott Yeo. ....
Welcome to yesterday. :)

WestCoastEagles star Elliot Yeo has significant 3-year offers on the table from multiple clubs. @Adelaide_FC at the front of the queue. My understanding is the offer would have a front-ended year of around $1.3 million.

And there will be no mention of Rozee stealing votes from Butters, like the excuses trotted out about poor ol' Bont and Oliver is past years.

Just like they conveniently ignore the fact that Travis Boak got more Brownlow votes in 2021 that any teammate of Bont or Oliver.
And if you add Amon that was 3rd for us it was higher again than their third in Gawn.

I wouldn't be surprised if those odds were totally wrong and JHF actually had more votes than Rozee and Butters at this point. He's already a proven vote getter and his style of play is so damaging and noticeable, plus he kicks goals.

The only way one of the three ever win a Brownlow is if one of them misses a lot of football with long term injury. They simply have too much internal competition to beat out the external competition.

Cousins and Judd still managed a Brownlow competing with each other and Daniel Kerr too, who was the unlucky one.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

AFL.com.au's Brownlow Predictor​

22 Isaac Heeney (Sydney)
14 Zak Butters (Yartapuulti)
13 Patrick Cripps (Carlton)
12 Matt Rowell (Gold Coast)
12 Connor Rozee (Yartapuulti)
12 Caleb Serong (Walyalup)
11 Nick Daicos (Collingwood)
11 Zach Merrett (Essendon)
11 Christian Petracca (Narrm)

Sportsbet Brownlow odds

$4 Isaac Heeney (Sydney)
$5.50 Nick Daicos (Collingwood)
$7.50 Zach Merrett (Essendon)
$9 Caleb Serong (Walyalup)
$9 Patrick Cripps (Carlton)
$13 Zak Butters (Yartapuulti)
Zach Merrett will be on more than 11 votes

Cousins and Judd still managed a Brownlow competing with each other and Daniel Kerr too, who was the unlucky one.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

It was different back then, you didn't need as many votes to win. Cousins won on 20 votes, that wouldn't even get you in the top 10 these days. Judd got 30 but he was miles ahead of second place who only got 23.

I think it's probably possible to win with two superstar mids but still difficult. With three you're surely no chance.

JHF will have much fewer votes this year as Bergman has not been playing as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be a nice little bet to lay on JHF to finish top 3 in the votes at year's end.

What I'd give to have the social media team of the Orange working for us.

Instead we are asked thought provoking questions like, 'why are bibs so hype?' or dished up insightful emoji piss-blasts.

I find the giants stuff lame and not funny. But each to their own. I think they should all just stick to posting content about footy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Funny thing with the crows is, they want the game umpired to the letter of the law when Draper fell on the ball and umpired to the feel of the game when Rankine runs too far.

Hunt with the hounds, run with the foxes.
"It's only unfair when the decision goes against us."

The giants social media has this thing called a personality.

Ours is just "we've paid telstra 20k a year to send down some tart with an iphone to post some pictures."

Tarryn Thomas charged again by police for harassing calls to an ex partner.

Tarryn Thomas charged again by police for harassing calls to an ex partner.
lol for ****s sake, lock him up.

At least that will kill his chances now. Not even Geelong will pick him up now.

The other one against them, is Port have always (going back to Choco days) been notorious for having votes split 3 Port, 2 opposition, 1 Port or 3 Port, 2 Port, 1 opposition, even in reasonable wins. We really need to destroy the opposition to get the full 6 votes. Choco was notorious for parking the bus late and letting recency bias get an opposition player the 1 or 2 votes, as they took advantage, whilst Hinkley is the antithesis of preparing a team to be ruthless and crush the opposition.

If we get a new coach who try to mentally destroy teams (so they actually do fear playing us again in finals cough GWS cough), we have the talent to play well enough to get the full votes enough, that one of them could be a real chance. Right now, no chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back