Ultimate Glory JON O'RAWK is now a Hourke

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope. Players are only custodians of the numbers/lockers, 12 will be wanted by someone (Jed?)
Nah he's already got the greatest number in the Hawks list. Following in the great footsteps of 'The Lek'. I hope he keeps 37 forever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B1 & B2. The 2 Beaus, Muston & Dowler

True....But the Jono's have been doing just fine for us of late!;)

Muston's was a knee & Dowler a hip on account of a car accident....That's far more structural than a simple hammy!

FWIW....Joel Selwood was in much the same boat as Muston the following year (Probably the reason we skipped on him) yet hasn't looked back since....Luck plays a big part in such things....Also, I think Muston's first graft didn't take, so he was terribly unfortunate....With Dowler, I reckon it was more his confidence took a blow after his car accident way more than his actual hip!

I'll back our decision in on this one!

This is from Knightmares phantom draft from 2012.

#2 GWS (Via Gold Coast) - Jonothan O’Rourke (VIC - Mid)
Height: 183cm, Weight: 75kg, DOB: 21/04/1994
Recruited from: Calder Cannons
Style: Brett Deledio
Player comparison:
Range: 2-6
Profile: Missed most of the 2011 season with a hamstring injury but has come back hard in 2012 and shown us just how good he is. O’Rouke is a very explosive, highly skills inside receiver. He has some balance between inside and outside game but I wouldn’t consider him a master of either with limited inside ball winning ability and an average linkup game. Maybe not your most natural ball winner but he attacks the ball hard. Very good all rounder who stands out most is his ball use, particularly by foot which is just so good for an inside player. Finds targets consistently by foot, has some hurt factor and finishes beautifully around goal. Decision making ability good and chooses the right target more often than not. Is also a very good athlete and has great pace with the ability to burst away from packs and a nice leap on him. Very good in congestion and has that great decision making ability choosing the right targets even while pressured which is impressive. He is more your inside receiver who benefits from the work of the stronger, ball winning inside midfielders who can accelerate away from the contest and deliver to the targets up the ground by foot and this is more what I see his role as but not so sure that inside game ever develops and makes him into that Dangerfield explosive type inside guy who can win his own ball even though his explosiveness is just as good. One move I’d consider with O’Rourke is a move onto a back flank at some stage. 1v1 game will need to get stronger but with his elite pace and footskills he could become a real weapon off a back flank for a team.

This is from footyalmanac.com 2012

WESTERN BULLDOGS

Jono O’Rourke

DOB: 21.4.94

Height: 183cm

Weight: 75kg

Position: Midfield

Recruited from: Calder Cannons

An interesting prospect is O’Rourke. He is fast, explosive and damaging, however he is also capable as an inside midfielder, although in his first couple of seasons I can’t see him being played there with his medium-frame. His explosiveness from packs is similar to Patrick Dangerfield’s, which is an extreme call, and he generally finds targets up field with his kicking skills. Is a good finisher when he has the ball within the vicinity of goal. With Plowman and O’Rourke, the Dogs have some much-needed class that will help build them back up from scratch.

Two write ups two mentions of Dangerfield lol.
Interesting that he has grown 5cm since being drafted indicates that physically he may not have been ready for AFL in his first couple of years ,we might be getting him at the right time.

Interesting that he has grown 5cm since being drafted indicates that physically he may not have been ready for AFL in his first couple of years ,we might be getting him at the right time.
188cm is a great height for a modern midfielder!

at 188cm and 78kg, he might need to put on a bit of muscle

in comparison Smith who is a pure runner and has very limited inside game is 188cm 82kg

i'd like to see O'Rourke at least get to Smiths weight

O'Rourke 188cm 78kg - needs to bulk up a bit
I.Smith 188cm 82kg - winger
J. Lewis 186cm 88kg - inside/outside player

if he wants to be like Lewis as an inside/out midfielder then he might need a bit more bulk

The more I hear about O'Hawk, the more he reminds me of the descriptions that used to describe Mundy - except O'Hawk has foot skills.

As for the way he moves & his physical attributes, is he Mundy-like?

Interesting comparison with Jed Anderson's progress so far. Both taken in the same draft I think? Jed has played a handful of games, shown some talent, been plagued by injuries and is yet to really get on the park. Many believe he is future captain/star material.

Reggie on the other hand has been through a similar set of circumstances, but many people have far more doubt. Wonder what we would be thinking if he had have been drafted as a hawk!

Looking forward to them both having long and successful careers with us!

Interesting comparison with Jed Anderson's progress so far. Both taken in the same draft I think? Jed has played a handful of games, shown some talent, been plagued by injuries and is yet to really get on the park. Many believe he is future captain/star material.

Reggie on the other hand has been through a similar set of circumstances, but many people have far more doubt. Wonder what we would be thinking if he had have been drafted as a hawk!

Looking forward to them both having long and successful careers with us!

idk, we are all pretty confident Jed is a star in the making, O'Rourke is a bit more unknown, lets wait til we see him for Box Hill and some pre-season games before comparing him.........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back