Who will win the premiership in 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Get the midfield numbers of the past ten games between the sides. You will find that although no Sydneysupporter ranks Hawthorn as a good midfield, theHawks are actually better.two way running? Contested ball? Clearences? Inside 50's? I know the stats but a lot of people here on BF just don't rate Hawks Mids so I leave it to you to post them here.

No Sydney supporter rates the Hawthorn Midfield ???? I do my own talking and I don't need fools putting words in my mouth. I rate Mitchell, Lewis and Burgoyne as superior to any of the Swans midfield especially on output during games between the 2 teams. If you read the post properly I was lamenting the overrating of the Swans midfield and their lack of effort on the day in response to a post that intimated Richards & Grundy were liabilities, based on the events of GF Day. Not for one minute was I underselling the quality or depth of Hawthorn's midfield. Unfortunately though, all clubs have idiots who post on here with the first thing that comes into their head.

Fremantles last crack next year with their current playing group.

Think we will have Freo, Port, Hawks and Swannies in the Top 4 and on Prelim Final weekend.

Lions a sneaky chance with beams and Christensen :)

If not Port then I'd like to see

a) Hawthorn 3-peat
b) An unusual/underdog flag winner - be it a team that finishes 5-8 after the minor round, a team that doesn't win often (Fremantle, Footscray, St Kilda), etc

Excluding your first I totally agree. Freo are getting close to so be nice for the to go out for tender for a cabinet maker.

Malceski is a big loss. Look at their grand final team, now ask yourself who does the kick ins without Malceski, a very easy answer for any top 8 team surely. Who do they get it to, to get the ball out of the backline? Not one of their defenders is a great kick, to the point Rohan of all people was their secondary kick in taker on GF day of all people. You also need multiple kick in options, because the guy doing the kick in needs to get it to someone that can get the ball moving. That was a huge problem against us on GF day. One of the few times Malceski didn't handle the kick ins it was straight to Luke Hodge for the game sealer.

Arbitrary grades don't cover team needs and strengths, everyone thought Sydney's midfield would smash ours but it was the complete opposite. Now Sydney have a big hole in the defence in an area they already weren't strong in compared to Port and Hawthorn.

McVeigh or Rampe will take the kick ins. If it's Shaw or Rohan they'll be playing on. There was one problem and one problem only on GF day. We arrived unprepared to be monstered. That may or may not happen again but player talent wise we're still in amongst it. Mitchell into the midfield for McVeigh is an improvement. McVeigh for Malceski is not a bad switch. I don't think Shaw will make it but we do have depth as no doubt do Hawthorn.

Prelim (Hawks) and GF (Swans) aside, I think the sides are still pretty evenly matched and still a little way ahead of the rest.

No Sydney supporter rates the Hawthorn Midfield ???? I do my own talking and I don't need fools putting words in my mouth. I rate Mitchell, Lewis and Burgoyne as superior to any of the Swans midfield especially on output during games between the 2 teams. If you read the post properly I was lamenting the overrating of the Swans midfield and their lack of effort on the day in response to a post that intimated Richards & Grundy were liabilities, based on the events of GF Day. Not for one minute was I underselling the quality or depth of Hawthorn's midfield. Unfortunately though, all clubs have idiots who post on here with the first thing that comes into their head.
This goes over to the Sydney board then. Or selective reading on some peoples part. I will say it again,Sydney do NOT rate Hawks Mids and it was evident during GF week as I read countless posts about your superiority over Hawthorns ball winners. That's the point I was making.

This goes over to the Sydney board then. Or selective reading on some peoples part. I will say it again,Sydney do NOT rate Hawks Mids and it was evident during GF week as I read countless posts about your superiority over Hawthorns ball winners. That's the point I was making.

For me it is summed up by this:

Hawks are the best Mid USERS of the footy
Swans mids are the hardest inside possession winners (not comp wide but between the two sides)

Your ignorant like the majority of your posters and I could not give a flying **** what your point was.

McVeigh or Rampe will take the kick ins. If it's Shaw or Rohan they'll be playing on. There was one problem and one problem only on GF day. We arrived unprepared to be monstered. That may or may not happen again but player talent wise we're still in amongst it. Mitchell into the midfield for McVeigh is an improvement. McVeigh for Malceski is not a bad switch. I don't think Shaw will make it but we do have depth as no doubt do Hawthorn.

Prelim (Hawks) and GF (Swans) aside, I think the sides are still pretty evenly matched and still a little way ahead of the rest.

Where Sydney got it all wrong was playing a really tall forward line. Four talls and two smalls was unbalanced and Sydney couldn't stop Hawthorn from rebounding out of the defensive 50. I think if the Swans bring in someone like Brandon Jack next year and play him as the permanant small forward, which would then give Sydney that extra small crumbing player with Franklin and Tippett now having more room to lead into inside 50, whilst Sam Reid would then play as a CHB. Just my opinion.

Where Sydney got it all wrong was playing a really tall forward line. Four talls and two smalls was unbalanced and Sydney couldn't stop Hawthorn from rebounding out of the defensive 50. I think if the Swans bring in someone like Brandon Jack next year and play him as the permanant small forward, which would then give Sydney that extra small crumbing player with Franklin and Tippett now having more room to lead into inside 50, whilst Sam Reid would then play as a CHB. Just my opinion.

No doubt there will be structural change. If only by necessity. But mate you didn't win the flag because of that. You won because you bashed us up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks port and Sydney stand out above the rest. But a lot will come down to fitness of course. While the hawks had a horrendous run with injury through the middle of the season and were good enough to hang in there, we had our full list fit and firing come finals.

Finding it hard to make a case for any other side but there is often a surprise bolter.

Pretty much what happened in the Rd 18 game as well.

Can you use trade logic after 2012 GF to 2013 trade to 2014 GF?

I'm not clear what you're asking, but my comment was basically that we will have a better idea of where each club stands once we know what their lists are for 2015.

Your ignorant like the majority of your posters and I could not give a flying **** what your point was.
Nah. You represent the majority including your sides way of thinking. Thats good cuz it works for Hawthorn. Plus are hawthorn supporters only allowed to post when we lose? Because it seems, every time we win a big game it seems to be a bit of an arse sore on oppo supporters like yourself. B2B with an mediocre midfield which means there's room for improvement.

What a difference a game makes!! Sydney are awesome (no troll) and not only have the cattle, but now have the added motivation. Yes, they've list malceski but they have some strong emerging talent to cover there... Yes, Ted Richards is 32, but IMO he played well in the granny (not his fault he was getting pelted with the footy every 2 seconds)... Point is this: had Sydney won the grannie we'd be pencilling in the Swans for b2b. Bad news everyone (except Swans fans)... The Swannies will be out for 'blood' ...

Picks for 2015 GF (head not heart):

1. Sydney
2. Port
3. Hawthorn
4. North Melbourne
5. Yup, I think the Tigers...
6. Fremantle
7. Daylight
8. The rest

Gold Coast a smokey.

I'm serious. it's gonna happen sooner rather than later.

Depends how our first timers pull up from a GF humiliation they all had great some even breakout seasons but confidence would be low after that.

I don't think many clubs have had a good following season after being smashed in a Grand Final.

Port were crippled after 2007, as were Collingwood after 2003, Melbourne after 2000. Geelong in '94, and '95 are the only times I can think of a team getting smashed and doing okay the next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back