Multiplat Assassin's Creed: Unity

Remove this Banner Ad

get
microsoft-pays-ubisoft_zps2191e6f1.gif

To be fair its still looks pretty good. Dem crowds...

Combat still looks like utter sh1te tho :(

It LOOKS nice in the promo stuff and early builds before they downgrade everything, We all remember how WatchDogs turned out. im going to wait for a 1080p patch and then hope it looks more like AC4 and not WD

PS4 version to be limited to 900p/30 to match XB1 version according to Ubisoft causing a shitsorm on the net.

Appreciate letting us know about this so quickly, shocking stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

for those who think PC will be the way to go. Ubi games have had crippling issues with PC ports over the past few years. when playing WatchDogs driving was at like 5FPS at launch. The PC players get broken games at launch from Ubi.

for those who think PC will be the way to go. Ubi games have had crippling issues with PC ports over the past few years. when playing WatchDogs driving was at like 5FPS at launch. The PC players get broken games at launch from Ubi.

Yeah Ubi games suck on PC, though I never had it THAT bad... Definitely over 30FPS at 1080, and my rig is aging. Needed to tinker with AA settings.

Last edited:
They clearly haven't played Tomb Raider Definitive or The Last Of us Remastered then.

If 30fps was always the goal then why do i remember this
Ubisoft's upcoming stealth-action game Assassin's Creed Unity is targeting 1080p/60fps for both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions, level designer Bruno St-André revealed in an interview with GamingBolt conducted at E3 but published today. According to the report, St-André initially said he was unsure about the game's resolution and frame rate, before eventually confirming the details.

Last year's Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag ran in native 1080p (after a day-one patch) on PS4, while the Xbox One version outputted in something below that level. A notable difference between Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and Assassin's Creed Unity, however, is that this year's game is not in development for last-generation consoles like the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3.

How much deeper do they want to dig? I'm already skipping your game, you don't need to keep justifying that decision.

There's been some more back peddling
Let’s be clear up front: Ubisoft does not constrain its games. We would not limit a game’s resolution. And we would never do anything to intentionally diminish anything we’ve produced or developed.

Which, of course, brings us to Assassin’s Creed Unity. The game has been in the media lately, and not just for a recent round of hands-on previews and features. One outlet ran a story using some quotes from Senior Producer Vincent Pontbriand to suggest we lowered the resolution on the PlayStation 4.

“Absolutely not,” Pontbriand says. “We’ve spent four years building the best game we could imagine. Why would we ever do anything to hold it back?” Pontbriand goes on to say that he understands why someone might think that’s the case based on a recent interview, adding “I simply chose the wrong words when talking about the game’s resolution, and for that I’m sorry.”

Wrong words? "we've locked the resolution to 900p on both platforms to avoid debates" you mean you were supposed to make up some BS excuse instead of telling the truth.

The more complex answer? A game’s final resolution isn’t set until late in the development cycle. This is notable because the team has dedicated much of the past few months to optimizing Unity to reach 900p with a consistent 30 frames per second. Considering the sheer number of pixels that are being moved around at all times – which affects both the CPU and GPU – that’s a significant achievement, especially as Assassin’s Creed Unity will release when the new-gen consoles are barely more than a year old.

Ok so you're still not answering why the console with more power is being held back, there's no mention of improved details like shadows, textures, lighting for the PS4, say those things and the choice to lock it makes sense. Just say you got paid to develop it on the X1 as the lead platform, its a straight port to PS4 and be done with it. So much bullshit side stepping.

Not the first time with these consoles we've heard these bs excuses... 'More cinematic'. That's all well and good if this were a movie, but when something is interactive it is invariably better at higher framerates. The poor excuses make it all the worse.

Am I the only one who doesn't give a flying s**t if its at 30 fps?

Who cares? seriously?

When did games become more about fps and resolution than content and story telling?

Who cares? seriously?

When did games become more about fps and resolution than content and story telling?
On next gen we should be able to have all.

Who cares? seriously?

I'm surprised they got it to be 900p yet couldn't get it to be 1080p.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back