Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Now Starts A Long Offseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jermaine looks a gun and has a great back story too.

Won't be going in the national draft. Really i don't know what his best football looks like, what he did at Souths was generally poor but he was hampered and lacked fitness. Has genuine X-Factor though.

Won't be going in the national draft. Really i don't know what his best football looks like, what he did at Souths was generally poor but he was hampered and lacked fitness. Has genuine X-Factor though.

I thought he was talking about picking him up as a rookie?

BTW, how is Powell progressing in his development? Is he ready for a full season of WAFL next year?

No mate I know he's been having issues is this why he's been delisted I always thought he was reasonable talented ?
Fremantle sent him away to sort his issues out but it seems he hasn't been doing what they've asked him to

Talented but hasn't been able to adjust to the commitment required at afl level

Doubt any club will take him as freo have worked really hard with him and have pulled the pin so the issues must run deep. Shame really

People aren't gonna like this but... I'm not a Pickett fan. Not for West Coast's needs at least, he doesn't look like he'll ever be a Centre Bounce player in the AFL, not contested enough. Seems what we know of him is exactly the same stuff as Lewis Jetta 4 years ago (admittedly itd be nice to have him instead of Sheppard, which would have been Pick 7 which is where we think Pickett might be drafted at anyway). Jetta's good in a team with a good midfield like Sydney but for us I'd want someone that plays the game on his terms a bit more.

Watching Cockatoo's stuff I was most impressed with not just his running bursts but the way he stood up in contests and used his ball handling skills to give his teammates the advantage - I know that was only footage from 1 game but still, at his size and speed has all the Paddy Dangerfield attributes, a player who is probably the one in the competition that would most improve West Coast right now out of anyone. I dunno he seems to just be all upside. Maybe he's just shining in a s**t NT team I dunno.

Would personally be really happy picking up Cockatoo and a Clem Smith (for that Ballantyne presence we dont have) or a Blakely (if he slides that far) with our second, and with our third just land the player we think has the most talent and upside but has slid for some reason eg injury, girls in tents on school camps etc , with Lucas or someone in the last spot - all this just to add a bit of danger and dash to a midfield that right now is possibly one of the least exciting in the competition.

Delist Wilson and one of Carter/Powell/Tunbridge

People aren't gonna like this but... I'm not a Pickett fan. Not for West Coast's needs at least, he doesn't look like he'll ever be a Centre Bounce player in the AFL, not contested enough. Seems what we know of him is exactly the same stuff as Lewis Jetta 4 years ago (admittedly itd be nice to have him instead of Sheppard, which would have been Pick 7 which is where we think Pickett might be drafted at anyway). Jetta's good in a team with a good midfield like Sydney but for us I'd want someone that plays the game on his terms a bit more.

Watching Cockatoo's stuff I was most impressed with not just his running bursts but the way he stood up in contests and used his ball handling skills to give his teammates the advantage - I know that was only footage from 1 game but still, at his size and speed has all the Paddy Dangerfield attributes, a player who is probably the one in the competition that would most improve West Coast right now out of anyone. I dunno he seems to just be all upside. Maybe he's just shining in a s**t NT team I dunno.

Would personally be really happy picking up Cockatoo and a Clem Smith (for that Ballantyne presence we dont have) or a Blakely (if he slides that far) with our second, and with our third just land the player we think has the most talent and upside but has slid for some reason eg injury, girls in tents on school camps etc , with Lucas or someone in the last spot - all this just to add a bit of danger and dash to a midfield that right now is possibly one of the least exciting in the competition.

Im putting Popcorn on for this one :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll bite. The Pickett to Lewis Jetta comparison is horrendous. Like comparing Cyril to Lewis.

Clem Smith is a massive no. Wouldn't draft him. These are highlights for Corey Ellis but show some of Clem's form, he's done this sort of stuff for 24 months without fail. Begs the question, can the kid be coached?

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-09-14/corey-ellis-highlights

29 second mark. Arrives late, over estimates his speed (which is average), has no eyes for the ball and gives away a 50m penalty.

33 second mark. Over commits to a marking contest from an absurd position, against a taller opponent who's at the ball drop. Then proceeds to not check the mark.

46 second mark. Get used to this picture, up the ground looking for cheap kicks and doesn't run the other way.

IMO he would offer us something in a role similar to Jamie Cripps. A medium forward who can rotate through the midfield...

If Port Adelaide have shown us anything, it's that decent Half Forwards come Midfielders are invaluable (atleast to their gameplan).

I certainly wouldn't be adverse to picking Lucas up for free.

Is that you Cocky? Good post if true.

Is Cockatoo that good that he will take up two player slots on our list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back