Bumped Who Is Closer To A Premiership? Lions/Pies? (new posts start at #244)

Remove this Banner Ad

Carijuana

Debutant
Oct 6, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
So Beams has come out and said that the Lions are closer to a premiership than we are.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-24/lions-window-is-open-beams

I reckon this is a load of bullsh**. Yeah, they have a young list as well but it's full of midfielders and they are without a power forward.

What dyou guys think? (take off the bias hat)

Also, this is my first thread, so hopefully i've done this correctly.

I enjoy watching them get excited.

Can't wait for them to realize they just filled up their cap with another 2 mids who can't defend.

They are going nowhere, couldn't be more confident of that.

Also, maybe this would be good with a poll?
both are probably at similar stages but in my opinion Collingwood are in a better position simply because as history has proven that Key CHF is what wins flags. and Cloke is proven in this position where as atm Brisbanes best KPP is 29 year old Merrett.

Well technically we are. They won in 2003, we won in 2010. Any discussion about future flags is pure speculation but ladder position and performance in 2014 also suggest we're closer. Time will tell.

Unless the Lions can poach Tex Walker during next years FA period, or trade a real KPF in, they are a fair way off.

Ironically, their best chance to grab a quality tall forward was with pick 5 if Wright or McCartin slid, but they gave it away for another mid.

There's no way they are closer than us to a flag. Especially with the internal unrest going on at that madhouse passing itself off as an AFL franchise. If Leppa grows his hair out they might pass for a Maccas franchise but without extra help from the AFL they're up s**t creek without a paddle.

Going on our recent history we don't have a power forward either.

Cloke needs to pull his finger out or give some cash back to the club...

No doubt injuries etc hurt us in our last game against brisbane, round one 2015 will answer this question

Wouldn't read too much into those comments.
If he says Collingwood it confirms he moved for money.
Of course he is going to say Brisbane.
All the press conference proved is he has no respect for Buckley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you guys are delusional if you think your list is ahead of ours. I know that it will be easily settled come round 1 at the Gabba when collingwood is embarrassed by 100 points. I look forward to it so much.

Before this I really had no idea how many Lions-supporting turds there are. Its weird. Go back to your own board and talk about your amazing (bottom 4) list now please

you guys are delusional if you think your list is ahead of ours. I know that it will be easily settled come round 1 at the Gabba when collingwood is embarrassed by 100 points. I look forward to it so much.
Big words from a team that just placed bottom 4.

Unless the Lions can poach Tex Walker during next years FA period, or trade a real KPF in, they are a fair way off.

Ironically, their best chance to grab a quality tall forward was with pick 5 if Wright or McCartin slid, but they gave it away for another mid.

This 100%. Our KPP stocks are quite thin with Merrett and Maguire close to retirement in the next 2-3 years and our next best defender is Clarke who's quite young. In our forwards, there's no one quite ready to take the next step but a few have shown signs like McStay, Freeman and Close. We're about 1-2 genuine KPP's away/ someone stepping up ridiculously from making finals I believe.

What a stupid question by the journalist. What is Dayne going to say, his current club or the one he just left with mixed emotions from supporters? Shows where journalism is heading these days I feel. Hopefully Goldsack and Sidebottom can step up and assist Pendlebury and Swan a bit more, and mixed with Freeman and Scahranberg, pretty handy little midfield unit there too.
Good luck for 2015, can't wait to see how you guys go with pick 5, and what your drafting strategy will be. A brief look at your list would suggest you'd be happy with Laverde, an athletic and running halfback.

This 100%. Our KPP stocks are quite thin with Merrett and Maguire close to retirement in the next 2-3 years and our next best defender is Clarke who's quite young. In our forwards, there's no one quite ready to take the next step but a few have shown signs like McStay, Freeman and Close. We're about 1-2 genuine KPP's away/ someone stepping up ridiculously from making finals I believe.

What a stupid question by the journalist. What is Dayne going to say, his current club or the one he just left with mixed emotions from supporters? Shows where journalism is heading these days I feel. Hopefully Goldsack and Sidebottom can step up and assist Pendlebury and Swan a bit more, and mixed with Freeman and Scahranberg, pretty handy little midfield unit there too.
Good luck for 2015, can't wait to see how you guys go with pick 5, and what your drafting strategy will be. A brief look at your list would suggest you'd be happy with Laverde, an athletic and running halfback.

I think that's a fair assessment. People really underrate Patful as well and I think he'll be sorely missed, one of the best one on one stoppers going around and a steal by GWS. You guys have us covered in class ball users and you have a lot of quality mids but your spine really needs shoring up and finding those players ain't easy.

Is this guy serious?

No Crisp - No Lions.

Hell Richmond is closer to a Premiership than they are...that's saying something

The doggies are too and they have a grand total of one flag in their entire history. It's funny, they take a player off us and now they think they're back in '03 living the glory all over again.

Keep pullin Billy ya flog.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back