Opinion Poll - Who do we select with Pick 10 in the 2014 AFL National Draft?

Who do we select with Pick 10 in the National Draft 2014?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't be happy if we go a KPD . Most talented KP at junior levels are forwards. As a general rule, if they are top 10, they would usually be playing forward.

I'd be happy enough with durdin for pick 10, but I feel like Ahern would be a better get, definitely in the shorter term. Durdin is nowhere near afl level physically, or at least didn't look it in his highlights package, Ahern could concievably play one or two games next year, but if the MC wouldn't play Jansen in his first year...

I also got Hugh Beasley with a late pick ;)
Hey stylo knightmare has beasley as best lock down defender in tac so hopefully swans rookie him as young apprentice to Grundy and Richards and he stays a smokey and we see him at swans go swannies!

I won't be happy if we go a KPD . Most talented KP at junior levels are forwards. As a general rule, if they are top 10, they would usually be playing forward.
Durdin looked to be playing up front and on the wing in his draft package vid.

Hey stylo knightmare has beasley as best lock down defender in tac so hopefully swans rookie him as young apprentice to Grundy and Richards and he stays a smokey and we see him at swans go swannies!
Hey you happen to know why you guys let go of Biggs? Thought he was being groomed for malcheski's role?

Not sure about Ahern... there is something about him that screams 'bust' to me.

Maybe it's that he is not a genuine mid (more a flanker/forward who was pushed into the mid at the request of clubs), small, doesn't tackle that much and rarely wins his own ball or the fact he has been inconsistent at U18 level. Not good signs to me.

Our biggest and most crucial hole to fill is FB imo. When Lonergan pulls the pin we will feel his loss more than anything else.

If there was a consistent gun big inside mid at pick 10 then go for it, but in this draft there are none unless we reach into the second round. At the same time there are quality top 10 KPD around that we have hardly ever had the chance to get. Go they key defender while we can and focus on mids in next year's draft and FA period.

Goddard for mine.

Me personally I would like to see the stats on busts of talls over smalls in top 10. Don't know what Vickery for Tiges was taken at but Durdin reminds me of him

I think Goddard is 'safer' than Durdin. Has a body that will fill out, is dedicated and plays the percentages.. all along with his very good skill set (athletiscm, kick etc.)

pity he won't be

I reckon he might. Apparently GC don't want to take him at 8 because they're worried he'll want to move down to Vic in a few years to be closer to his brother, plus his family are moving down there soon. So assuming that's both true and common knowledge among recruiters, unless the Pies take him at 5, he should be there at 10. Just rumours though, who knows. Durdin vs. Weller, who would the Cats take?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he might. Apparently GC don't want to take him at 8 because they're worried he'll want to move down to Vic in a few years to be closer to his brother, plus his family are moving down there soon. So assuming that's both true and common knowledge among recruiters, unless the Pies take him at 5, he should be there at 10. Just rumours though, who knows. Durdin vs. Weller, who would the Cats take?
we would def take Weller. I hope your right.

Have assumed up till now that Weller would most likely be gone by pick 10. If he was available then it would certainly make things a bit more difficult again. He'd be hard to pass on. We'd need to be patient though - he hardly has an AFL ready body at the moment. Only other thing that makes me slightly nervous about Weller - is taking a Div 2 player with a high first rounder.

Have assumed up till now that Weller would most likely be gone by pick 10. If he was available then it would certainly make things a bit more difficult again. He'd be hard to pass on. We'd need to be patient though - he hardly has an AFL ready body at the moment. Only other thing that makes me slightly nervous about Weller - is taking a Div 2 player with a high first rounder.

Understand that, but he looked very classy in the draft vid I saw of him. Everything I read suggested the Suns would take him. If they don't, he could well drop to 10, and I wouldn't be unhappy if we snapped him up. The Pies won't take him as it seems they want Laverde…so Weller might well be there for the taking if the Suns decide against taking him. I like Ahern (despite Straunchy's reservations) so would rely on Wells to choose the better prospect.

I still think we have possibilities with Walker and Blitz for a KPD, hopefully we are ok for a season or two, furthermore can Clarke play defense? (Just assuming a miracle and a fit Vardy returns and locks in CHF).

Where are the ruckmen?

I still think we have possibilities with Walker and Blitz for a KPD, hopefully we are ok for a season or two, furthermore can Clarke play defense? (Just assuming a miracle and a fit Vardy returns and locks in CHF).

Where are the ruckmen?
Has Walker even had one game playing as a defender? Is there a rule now that if you're tall you can play key defense?

Missing out on Frawley and delisting Hamling/Brown means our backline depth in talls has taken a bit of a hit.

Given Wells has traded pick 14 for pick 10 it would seem that he has some specific players in mind. You would expect at least one of Durdin / Goddard being available when we get our first pick and I'd be surprised if we passed on either of them.

Only seen a few video clips of both and Durdin looked the more impressive FWIW. One pundit thinks Goddard needs to brush up on his disposal and lacked some "game smarts" when playing up forward - http://madmondayshow.com/tag/hugh-goddard/

Why would we want a skinny outside midget?

He's not really a midget and he's only outside due to weight atm, in fact IMO he's the most well rounded mid in this draft in terms of inside/outside capability long term. But hey, hopefully Cats recruiters share your opinion and leave him for us ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back