Opinion Poll - Who do we select with Pick 10 in the 2014 AFL National Draft?

Who do we select with Pick 10 in the National Draft 2014?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
he and Laverde could potentially have that side to their game in them. Lamb is also a similar size to Mackie.
Don't know if I'd be asking Laverde to handle a key defensive post myself.

Lamb probably can though.

yeh true, I haven't seen anything of these kids apart from their draft videos. Laverde looks more of a midfielder as opposed to forward though.
Lamb could definitely be one out of the box, apparently he excelled in the beep test and long distance running. The Cats love their runners.

Would you have him ahead of Lever?

I think I would prefer Goddard, I like his body on body work, his feel for contact is very instinctive as far as I can tell. He's already got a good build for a youngster won't be to long before he's muscled up and develops the AFL body
Seems second nature for him to side step opponents.

yeh true, I haven't seen anything of these kids apart from their draft videos. Laverde looks more of a midfielder as opposed to forward though.
Lamb could definitely be one out of the box, apparently he excelled in the beep test and long distance running. The Cats love their runners.

Laverde is about 189cm / 82-odd kg's. Would be good for rebound off half back, playing as a high half forward or winger. Could definately see him developing into a inside mid in the pendlebury mould.

Laverde is about 189cm / 82-odd kg's. Would be good for rebound off half back, playing as a high half forward or winger. Could definately see him developing into a inside mid in the pendlebury mould.

Sorry to butt in but LaVerde is Hine's no 1 choice. He won't be on your draft board.

His old man is a Carlton supporter.
They have both said they will be thrilled to wherever he is drafted.

That is the standard mantra.

Your mate SJ was a mad Collingwood supporter. Absolutely mad.

Then the only thing that has changed is that he is no longer a Collingwood supporter.:D
But I still love him in my own abstract way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi there Cat fans, I've been playing the part of Stephen Wells in the Tiger Board Phantom Draft and landed you Lachie Weller (10), Toby McLean (47) and Jaden McGrath (55). Did I done good?
They are 3 very alike type players, couldnt imagine any club drafting like that.

I think a key defender or outside mid are two areas of need. The former in coming years, the latter more immediately. So Goddard or Pickett for me. I went with Pickett as I feel, with Christensen gone, outside pace is more important. I also think Pickett stands a chance to be available at p10 from what I have read....
Lol but Christensen was an inside player with only moderate pace. I really wonder if some of you guys just read that stat sheets and don't watch the games.

I've taken Duggan in this poll, just reckon he would add similar qualities to Guthrie; versatile, skillful, still has a lot of development in him too.
having said that I reckon either GWS or Adel will grab him earlier ..

Lol but Christensen was an inside player with only moderate pace. I really wonder if some of you guys just read that stat sheets and don't watch the games.

Some players have all the pace in the world but don't take the game on like Hunt, others like Christensen aren't blessed with a lot of natural foot speed but use what they have to the fullest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back