2015 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

If Ablett stays out there, he wins it. Simple as that.
If Ablett goes down, then it is a toss up between Fyfe and Parker.
I can't see anyone else challenging those 3.

Deledio is worth keeping an eye on too. He had injury troubles early in the year but dominated during the 9 game winning streak once Miles was able to take over a lot of the grunt work. He averaged 27.20 possessions and 1.40 goals a game over the last 10 games and polled 11 votes in that time.
Don't get me wrong, I rate Deledio and would have him at my team any day of the week.

However, if you're rating him a Brownlow chance on the back of a dominant stretch where his team had a 9 game winning streak and he polled 11 votes, then you are deluded.

If Ablett stays out there, he wins it. Simple as that.
If Ablett goes down, then it is a toss up between Fyfe and Parker.
I can't see anyone else challenging those 3.

I highly doubt you predicted Priddis was even a remote chance for the Brownlow medal last off season. A lot of things can happen and the great thing about the Brownlow is the voting system makes it difficult to predict locks for placings.

Ablett has teammates that are getting better and better. Already we've seen Bennell, Prestia, Swallow etc start to grab votes. There is no guarantee that they will continue to concede 3 votes every game to Ablett.

At this stage, I think Fyfe should be considered a favourite. Don't see many others at Freo taking his votes, Freo will make finals barring a catastrophic injury run, and he's still improving.

It might be, but I think it has next to no depth - reckon you blokes have missed your chance. Shame, because I would have liked to see you win one.

Please spare us the Duritz reply mate and concede you don't have a strong understanding of our list. If we have weak midfield depth then every side bar maybe Hawthorn does by extension, if we drop off I can promise you it won't be on account of a midfield that is only getting better.

You could maybe have had a point if you said we still have a reliance on Sandilands which is actually true but you missed your chance.

My nomination is Fyfe and I'll probably be nominating him for the next decade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This greasy little s**t-weasel can't even hear a siren blaring in his earpiece, and you expect me to care who he & his buddies vote for each week?

RAY.jpg

Ablett if he comes back from the shoulder alright.

Danger, Fyfe and Kennedy should be up there again.

Lewis and Gray will get votes next year where they wouldn't have got them this year.

Please spare us the Duritz reply mate and concede you don't have a strong understanding of our list. If we have weak midfield depth then every side bar maybe Hawthorn does by extension, if we drop off I can promise you it won't be on account of a midfield that is only getting better.

You could maybe have had a point if you said we still have a reliance on Sandilands which is actually true but you missed your chance.

My nomination is Fyfe and I'll probably be nominating him for the next decade.

Oh have a sob..... geez some people can't take even mild criticism of their clubs. FWIW I didn't say you had a WEAK midfield in the OP, I said you had no depth.

You rank 13th for centre clearances, and 10th for inside 50s. Your midfield is not rubbish, but in no world is it amongst the best - or even very good. It is 'servicable'.

Your defence is rock solid - that's what keeps you in games. But your midfield is not this star studded collection of champions you seem to think it is.

But Fyfe is a standout star in an average to good midfield. Hence the reason I think he'll poll so well.

Barlow/Mundy/Fyfe/Hill/Neale

Yep, that s**t midfield though :confused:

I never said it was s**t.

I said it had no depth - and it doesn't.

Paddy Dangerfield is a massive chance, been right up there the past 2 years. if the crows win a couple more games he is a massive chance to win it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back