2015 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Lewis has got 35 and 34 disposals in his first two games though not running at a great DE%. Likely won't get any votes from Sunday's game either.

Still, umpires love disposal numbers and he's our main midfielder these days.

Gil will read out M a lot for our games, and to everyone's disappointment it'll turn out to be Boyd.

Read out M a lot you say?

350081-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Lewis has got 35 and 34 disposals in his first two games though not running at a great DE%. Likely won't get any votes from Sunday's game either.

Still, umpires love disposal numbers and he's our main midfielder these days.

His main issue is that he loves to have a verbal with them over decisions. Mitchell surely would have got the 3 round 1, he'd be Hawthorn's best chance provided he isn't 'nursed' through the year a bit. Hawthorn's issue is that there will be so much vote stealing.

As stupid as it sounds he won't be far off, if WC win he is getting 30-35 disposals. Even in a loss he is usually getting 30 so he may be getting 1 or 2 in losses.

Which is why he won the Brownlow last year. Our fans may be polarised on him but the umps definitely loved him last year. He was polling in losses, even got BOG in a couple of them.

His main issue is that he loves to have a verbal with them over decisions. Mitchell surely would have got the 3 round 1, he'd be Hawthorn's best chance provided he isn't 'nursed' through the year a bit. Hawthorn's issue is that there will be so much vote stealing.
He seemed to poll alright late 2014 when he was getting those high disposal games. He's also cut the chat back right back in the last few years.

Mitchell also don't feature in the AFLCA votes in round 1 at all while Lewis shared the game high 8 votes with Gibson (and we know defenders don't poll in the Brownlow).

Honestly it's Fyfes to lose I reckon. Severe injury or suspension will be the only thing that stops him.

Leader board after round 2?

N.Fyfe 6 votes
P.Dangerfield 5 votes
D.Shiel 5 Votes
JPK 5 votes
M.Boyd 4 votes
M.Bontempelli 4 votes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sloane, Smith and Jacobs all better than Danger on the weekend IMO

Danger was tagged and his stats are still far more compelling than Sloanes and jacobs. they both had a lot of uncontsted ball in the last quarter when we started to chip around. I didn't think jacobs ruck work was too amazing either.

Smith I agree with though, will depend if the umpires decide to rate him this year.

Did you even see the Hawks round 1 game? I had a bet in Mitchell to get over 109 Supercoach points and he ended up with 80. He was very quiet. No way did he get votes. I watched him intently and there's no way. He was unusually quiet. Mitchell had 21 disposals, 1 goal and 76 fantasy points whereas Lews had 135 fantasy points and 35 disposals. Mitchell was behind a heap of players. Ignore the dumb journalists picking best players they DONT know what they're talking about.

Which is why he won the Brownlow last year. Our fans may be polarised on him but the umps definitely loved him last year. He was polling in losses, even got BOG in a couple of them.

Hey I didn't mind had a $3 saver on him at $50-1. Always have a few on Brownlow night, and $7 on a place lol.

Danger was tagged and his stats are still far more compelling than Sloanes and jacobs. they both had a lot of uncontsted ball in the last quarter when we started to chip around. I didn't think jacobs ruck work was too amazing either.

Smith I agree with though, will depend if the umpires decide to rate him this year.

And the umps love Danger...he'll get votes even when there may have been someone more deserving or with much better stats.

Leader board after round 2?

N.Fyfe 6 votes
P.Dangerfield 5 votes
D.Shiel 5 Votes
JPK 5 votes
M.Boyd 4 votes
M.Bontempelli 4 votes

I reckon Dangers in 4 votes but anywhoo...Fyfe needs to make sure he isn't suspended or injured and he'll get it. I feel like putting $1000 on him now actually

I read somewhere Nat Fyfe has the highest average Brownlow votes/game (normalised to 3-2-1) career to date of all current day players (just under 1.0), and third all time behind Haydn Bunton Jnr and Gary Dempsey I think.

I'll try and find it.

Obviously pissing into the wind trying to predict this far out, but here goes anyway ;)

Who is your pick for the Brownlow in 2015? Who is the likeliest from your club? Any other predictions not specifically about the winner?

Dyson Heppell is the obvious stand out from Essendon, however I believe Essendon should bat quite deep in the middle next year so I can't see him polling enough votes to win.

Nat Fyfe is an absolute jet; and the decline of Freo (IMO obviously) should see him win votes in a shallow midfield. He'd be my pick this far out.

And I reckon Tex Walker is a fair chance to exceed 15 votes....
Good early call on Fyfe. Clearly the best player in the comp after 2 rounds and Tex looks sharp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back