2015 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Except record doesn't matter anymore. Might want to actually read the new rules before commenting on them.

Actually it does.

Sorry if I'm missing a major rule, but didn't Ballentyne's poor record increase his suspension?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-13/mrp-comes-down-on-ballantyne

"but the charge was upgraded to three weeks because of his poor disciplinary record"

Yep. Not the same system, but still a system, and affects Fyfey:
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-02/walking-the-mrp-tightrope

Only Fyfe can stop Fyfe from here. He's set for a big, big year.
What about Priddis?
Well, based on last weekend we could have a few mids who could take a few votes of Fyfe. Outstanding player in an more average team is often a good chance. Depending on how many games the Pies win it makes me think of Pendlebury. Beams also gone, he will probably poll in all wins and perhaps in a few losses as well. Or Priddis again.

I'll echo those saying that Pendles could be a genuine chance, similar to Jobe in 2012 in that he should dominate the votes in what will be an average team. More importantly though it'd be well deserved given he's basically been the second best player in the league for the best part of five years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll echo those saying that Pendles could be a genuine chance, similar to Jobe in 2012 in that he should dominate the votes in what will be an average team. More importantly though it'd be well deserved given he's basically been the second best player in the league for the best part of five years.
Tbh this hasn't been pendles best year but should Pole majority of our votes. Would have struggled vote wise in the last 6 weeks as well

Danger has been so consistent this year I think easily the best season he has had. Hard to see him not finishing top 3.

Hard to predict how the umps will vote though. Last year there was a definite increase in votes given to players from the losing team, I wonder if it will be the same this year.

5 horse race imo. Fyfe had 2 or 3 quiet ones and missed 2 now.

Fyfe, Hanners, Mitchell, Danger, Priddis
Mitchell zero chance this year, has been a much more even midfield contribution this year than in the past when he was carrying Hawthorn. Fyfe still 99% in my books but if Priddis, Hanners and Danger have a dominant finish to the season and Fyfe is quiet its game on again.

Lol just imagine two time Brownlow medallist Matt Priddis. I cant remember if there was any backlash when he won it last year so maybe umps wont be so keep to give him votes this time around.
"Worst two time Brownlow medallist ever"

Danger got a lot of votes last year, he is my smokey but Fyfe probably has enough to win already.

Adelaide have a tough run home. If anyone can beat Fyfe, it may be Goldstein or Priddis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back