Our special little cousins to the west

Remove this Banner Ad

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Footscray's pathetic attempts to mimic us in the hope of somehow stealing some of the stardust that has allowed us to still be successful onfield despite being small financially is plain embarrassing.

Bad enough they sooked to the AFL and got Ballarat.

Now they are deep into Leigh Tudor.

They will probably call Tom Boyd "Duck" next.

Memo losers: you will never escape your fate as the competition's ugly ducklings.

Every Footscray supporters alive today will go to their grave never having seen the club win a flag. As will their children and their children's children.

You do not "own the West". You can barely scrape together 30k members.

You are a joke club with no captain and no coach.

At least be s**t with dignity and don't embarrass yourselves by attempting to copy a club that has actual brains, guts and multiple premierships.

Now get us our burger and no, we don't want fries with it.

Footscray's pathetic attempts to mimic us in the hope of somehow stealing some of the stardust that has allowed us to still be successful onfield despite being small financially is plain embarrassing.

Bad enough they sooked to the AFL and got Ballarat.

Now they are deep into Leigh Tudor.

They will probably call Tom Boyd "Duck" next.

Memo losers: you will never escape your fate as the competition's ugly ducklings.

Every Footscray supporters alive today will go to their grave never having seen the club win a flag. As will their children and their children's children.

You do not "own the West". You can barely scrape together 30k members.

You are a joke club with no captain and no coach.

At least be s**t with dignity and don't embarrass yourselves by attempting to copy a club that has actual brains, guts and multiple premierships.

Now get us our burger and no, we don't want fries with it.

Add the pathetic late attempt to get in on good Friday.

They are that awkward bloke that sticks around with you after the lights come on during a night out.

Add the pathetic late attempt to get in on good Friday.

They are that awkward bloke that sticks around with you after the lights come on during a night out.

Yep, have the ever had an original idea in their lives?

Even their 90s run at prelim glory was built around a core of North rejects like Libba and Jose Romero.

catering.jpg

I’m officially over these little pricks too.

How they manage to blow everyone at AFL house and not get noticed is beyond me but I’m done. I’ll dance while they burn because they are happily torching their brothers in arms to get stuff on their terms. No favours from us for them, no help, no solidarity. I’d like to see a few of our heavyweight supporters (ie. Scanlon) put some serious and embarrassing heat on the AFL as well. This s**t is not on.

Normally I wouldn't be averse to giving the Dogs a bit of moral support but they effectively knifed us in the back.

So * 'em.

Normally I wouldn't be averse to giving the Dogs a bit of moral support but they effectively knifed us in the back.

So **** 'em.
Man of clays threads and posting in the last two days has really me less than friendly to the dogs.

Man of clays threads and posting in the last two days has really me less than friendly to the dogs.
Truth be told he has had a boner for us for a long time, even in prior incarnations.

I don't really care about Ballarat in terms of playing games there, and realistically I doubt a huge number of people from the region have or would consistently go to games in Melbourne, it was just a market to focus on and develop back here for the long-term.

It was a great idea when Euge set it up but it is probably not a huge loss at this point in time. Assuming Labor wins office, which is no guarantee because Libs haven't started their negative campaign of fear yet, funding will probably be approved in 2015 or so and the development probably finished by 2017 or so. If Labor doesn't win then that gets pushed back to possibly 2021 or later.

Docklands falls into AFL hands in 2025 and each year that goes by it becomes more and more affordable for the AFL to buy it out early. If the AFL provide it clean to the clubs here then it will provide a decent return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope Leigh Tudor cares enough for his own sanity and that of his family and does not get lured to the WB. The stress levels will be at an all time high and in three years he'll end up knifed in the back and washed out. Leave NM only for bigger and better Leigh.

Is he the one that barracked for North until Scott Wynd or some other good ordinary player that looked like a superstar among that rabble paid a visit to his school?

Probably jumped off in 1995, no wonder he's bitter.
That's GoGriff I think.

A number of dogs posters are still very hurt by the public and humiliating truths pointed out frequently by the likes of the OP over the years.

It's cute and more than a little amusing.

Did you know that Footscray have never actually won a premiership cup?

I used to think we were kind of brothers in arms. But the one brief, shining moment when their club was travelling better onfield than ours brought out so much hideous fan behaviour (at games, not just on here) that I have no warm feeling left. Now they are in North's dust, the Dogs and Melbourne get AFL help North could never have dreamed of, and it's kind of sick making with their assumed superiority so fresh in our minds.

I used to think we were kind of brothers in arms. But the one brief, shining moment when their club was travelling better onfield than ours brought out so much hideous fan behaviour (at games, not just on here) that I have no warm feeling left. Now they are in North's dust, the Dogs and Melbourne get AFL help North could never have dreamed of, and it's kind of sick making with their assumed superiority so fresh in our minds.

The game in 2010 when Barry Hall kicked seven being the exact moment.

I hope Scott Thompson knocks over Tom Boyd while he is doing up his shoelaces and Boyd falls into a strange catatonic state from which he never emerges.

Rumour mill has it they are considering ditching the red from their jumper and re-arranging the blue and white in vertical stripes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back