The Chicago Bulls Thread - Feat best 3 guard rotation of ALL TIME

Remove this Banner Ad

We're 5-1 (should be 6-0) and still haven't put a decent 4 quarter effort together.

That's equal parts frustrating (to watch) and exciting. We will not get away with defensive lapses against Toronto and Boston will be a test.

No word on rose, but Boston will be without smart and rondo. We really should win this, altho 4th game in 5 days is a worry
Disappointing effort, never got going till the last 5-6 minutes, as you said 4 games in 5 days may have taken its toll on the older guys.
Brooks is the spark plug at the moment, if we can get both he and Rose going we will get more easy shots as we are working hard on offence ATM, discounting Philly game where Paul Westhead coached both teams.....

I'm not overly fussed with much this early in the year. I'd love to know why Rose was apparently good to go two games ago but hasn't played since. You'd think we'd use all the caution in the world instead of rushing him back for the 4th game of the season??

I'm not overly fussed with much this early in the year. I'd love to know why Rose was apparently good to go two games ago but hasn't played since. You'd think we'd use all the caution in the world instead of rushing him back for the 4th game of the season??
Yeah that did seem strange. Been awfully quiet too. It would be nice if somebody came out and said it's just his rolled ankle. The longer he is out, the more you think his knees.

He sprained BOTH ankles. In the same game. We're 5-2 and we've had little Rose, a one legged Noah, a one handed Jimmy and Taj has been playing hurt, too.

Not looking forward to the circus trip into the West, but the start is solid.

If Noah can regain some form and fitness (and adapt to playing the 4) and Rose can string some games together we will be an entirely different beast.

Rose rested and now is ready for the game against Detroit. We really have to step on the glass and play some consistent D.

I don't think we're going to be the same rebounding team that we've been in the past. Gasol and Mirotic probably aren't the rebounders that Boozer and Asik in the past have been for us but that doesn't matter, they're better on offense and that's what we need. Don't win championships with rebounding.

Was it three from kaboom land for Butler today? Would love for him to find his 3pt shot again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noah adapt to playing the 4? Jo is our C. Pau is our PF. I dont think Jo needs to be adapting to anything. He is our bigman in the middle who anchors our defence. Pau is a pretty natural 4.

Jo has been playing a lot of 4 and he's been struggling with perimeter defence on the stretch 4s.

I know that he has always been the man in the middle, but with the addition of Pau, they have been sharing it up a LOT. He's not fully game fit and he's adapting to a new role.

First choice starting lineup for the first time this year. :)

Rose looked pretty good racking up 24 and 7 (in 33 mins) and didn't really look like he got out of first gear. It was also refreshing to see Jimmy hit from beyond the arc 4 times. Jimmy is averaging 19.5 ppg shooting 50% from the field and has upped his 3pt percentage to 39%. If he can continue that output he will finish the season as one of the elite 3&D wings in the association. He'll get paid.

Pau and Noah had their best combination game, too. They're getting used to each other now.

Last edited:
Was a worry how we let them back in the game. Also DJ had the better off rose on Detroit's offensive end, especially off the high pick and roll.

Some fantastic rose moments tho. Solid from pau and Jimmy.

Would like to see a little more consistency from Doug and Niko but they need time

Would like to see a little more consistency from Doug and Niko but they need time

I honestly think Doug would be aided in his development by starting. Thibs obviously doesn't trust him yet, and that's understandable. Thibs LOVES Dunleavy.

Neither rookie got any minutes in the second half, if I'm not mistaken? Really, that needs to be addressed. Jimmy can't have another 40+mpg year.

We all know Thibs doesnt play rookies though. Im shocked at how much burn both McBuckets and Mirotic has gotten already in the early going this season.

Id like to see McBuckets get more time but as you said Thibs loves and trusts Dunleavy. He is experienced, great 3 point shooter, knows the system. What's not to love.

Id like to see more second unit action with Mirotic, Gibson, McBuckets, Hinrich and Brooks. But only against the bad teams.

Loved to see Rose getting going, he has played pretty well this season in the early going, he's just warming up.

Love seeing how well Brooks is playing ATM, gives us great speed on the court when Rose is sitting, real spark plug.
Thibs has been excellent in this department. He has always found someone to spell Rose and then in the last two years completely replace him. Always small, quick, Rose-lite players like John Lucas III, DJ Augustin, Nate Robinson and now Brooks.

I have always loved D-Rose but this has me 50/50.

"I'm thinking about long term. I'm thinking about after I'm done with basketball. Having graduations to go to, having meetings to go to, I don't want to be in my meetings all sore or be at my son's graduation all sore just because of something I did in the past. [I'm] just learning and being smart."

L - http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/stor...-bulls-acknowledges-concerns-long-term-health

I understand the injury toll mentally and it now has him thinking that he doesn't have to go full speed anymore. He (Rose) can take a step back and play team basketball, instead of bursting to the rim and putting the body on the line....

On the other hand, The City, Fans and the basketball world have stuck by him and now he cant really be bothered in playing full time. I do believe if you aren't putting in 100% then you shouldn't be out there...It has me questioning if Rose is putting 100% when out on the court.

In saying all of the above....What does Rose owe anybody? He owes Nothing imo. If he doesn't want to play then move on so someone else can come in and shine.

I have always loved D-Rose but this has me 50/50.

L - http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/stor...-bulls-acknowledges-concerns-long-term-health

I understand the injury toll mentally and it now has him thinking that he doesn't have to go full speed anymore. He (Rose) can take a step back and play team basketball, instead of bursting to the rim and putting the body on the line....

On the other hand, The City, Fans and the basketball world have stuck by him and now he cant really be bothered in playing full time. I do believe if you aren't putting in 100% then you shouldn't be out there...It has me questioning if Rose is putting 100% when out on the court.

In saying all of the above....What does Rose owe anybody? He owes Nothing imo. If he doesn't want to play then move on so someone else can come in and shine.
Is Rose just saying what many other players think.. Look at the AFL analogy and Jonathan Brown. had he curbed his playing style just a little his output would still be 95% better then most and he would probably have another 2 years in him. I'd rather see rose play at 95% for another 10 years then at 100% for 7 years.

Is Rose just saying what many other players think.. Look at the AFL analogy and Jonathan Brown. had he curbed his playing style just a little his output would still be 95% better then most and he would probably have another 2 years in him. I'd rather see rose play at 95% for another 10 years then at 100% for 7 years.

Its just a weird statement to make. He is still pretty young, Its something you would expect from someone late in his career...like Kobe :)

Its just a weird statement to make. He is still pretty young, Its something you would expect from someone late in his career...like Kobe :)
I'm with you that I'd love to see rose make it at 100%. and personally I still think that he will. weird statement probably. but don't think that we should read into it :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back