Formula 1 in 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Something to look forward to in a couple of weeks....

the first growl of Honda V6 power could be heard later this month, as McLaren has been hard at work mating the Japanese manufacturer's 2015 engine to an interim car.
It could run at the post-Abu Dhabi test.
"For logistical reasons we have until 15 or 16 November (to decide)," said Boullier, "but we are getting ready to test and monitor the systems and it could be in Abu Dhabi."

Autosport saying Alonso to McLaren will be confirmed before Abu Dhabi, once they decide on his teammate.

It makes me sad that there is a strong chance a world champion, who is still driving pretty well and has no controversies and by all reports is a genuine nice bloke, gets shafted in this driver musical chairs, while the pay drivers have sugar daddies that make them difficult to resist. And even then, teams are still folding.

Bring in the budget cap.

Autosport saying Alonso to McLaren will be confirmed before Abu Dhabi, once they decide on his teammate.
On big bucks too according to Sky Sports.

Alonso is believed to have sought a one-year deal that would have enabled him to join Mercedes in the event of a 2016 vacancy arising at F1’s latest behemoth outfit. Instead, it’s understood that the price to be paid for an estimated salary of £25m will be a binding two-year contract with an option for a third season.

It makes me sad that there is a strong chance a world champion, who is still driving pretty well and has no controversies and by all reports is a genuine nice bloke, gets shafted in this driver musical chairs, while the pay drivers have sugar daddies that make them difficult to resist. And even then, teams are still folding.

Bring in the budget cap.
An F1 grid without JB on it would surely highlight how farcical this situation has become.

An F1 grid without JB on it would surely highlight how farcical this situation has become.
http://en.espnf1.com/sauber/motorsport/story/183505.html

Seemed sort of relevant in my head, more even money spread means less need for pay drivers for any team.

Not sure which way things are going to go, Bernie changed his tune on helping the smaller teams pretty quickly after the race (and the threat of a boycott) was over if I remember rightly.

Bring in the budget cap.
JB going whack at McLaren.

Through a maze of metaphors, Button gave his strongest public indication yet of his displeasure at McLaren’s handling of his future, which will be confirmed with the signing of Fernando Alonso before the final race of the season in Abu Dhabi, on Nov 23.

Alonso is finalising a deal which will mean he is partnered with rookie Kevin Magnussen, leaving Button with no team after 15 seasons in the sport. After a storming drive to fourth in Sunday’s Brazilian Grand Prix, with his team-mate Magnussen ninth, Button likened his predicament to being left off the invitation list for the family Christmas party.

The 34-year-old said: “I feel that I bring a lot to a team, not just in terms of results but in terms of marketing within a team and working with sponsors, and how I can help develop a car.

“You want to feel like you are wanted within a team and part of the family. It’s like if your parents were to turn round and say, ‘You know what, we’re not sure if we want you at Christmas this year. But your brother can come, he’s great’.

“You want to feel like you are part of the family and that they want you to be a part of the family and that’s more important than cash.”

The provisional entry list for 2015 was released by the FIA on the 6th of November, entries had to be submitted by the 1st. As discussed earlier in this thread Manor (Marussia) is on the list as well as Caterham.

Company: Red Bull Racing Limited (AUT)
Team name: Infiniti Red Bull Racing.
Company: Mercedes-Benz Grand Prix Limited (DEU)
Team name: Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team.
Company: Ferrari SpA (ITA)
Team name: Scuderia Ferrari.
Company: Lotus F1 Team Limited (GBR)
Team name: Lotus F1 Team.
Company: McLaren Racing Limited (GBR)
Team name: McLaren Honda.
Company: Force India Formula 1 Team Limited (IND)
Team name: Sahara Force India F1 Team.
Company: Sauber Motorsport AG (CHE)
Team name: Sauber F1 Team.
Company: Scuderia Toro Rosso SPA (ITA)
Team name: Scuderia Toro Rosso.
Company: Williams Grand Prix Engineering Limited (GBR)
Team name: Williams Martini Limited.
Company: Manor Grand Prix Racing Limited (GBR)*
Team name: Manor F1 Team.
Company: 1Malaysia Racing Team SDN BHD (MAL)
Team name: CF1 Caterham F1 Team.

The fact that Manor and Caterham are on the list is essential to the teams finding new owners
Administrator Finbarr O’Connell says that lodging an entry for 2015 was vital to any chance of a sale.
“With a team having an entry in the championship it makes them a far more viable proposition for us to do a deal. It’s absolutely essential,” he told the Associated Press.
“We’ve explained to the FIA and FOM (Formula One Management) we are looking for a new owner, but the paperwork for the entry has been done.
“We’re hoping the new owner will then pick up things like the fees and finalise the 2015 design.

In other news it is reported that Red Bull and Ferrari have agreed to field a third car next year if required. Although not confirmed it is believed that Felipe Nasr only left Williams for Sauber when the chance that Williams wouldn't get the chance to field a third car.

29nf7rc.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But I like the silver McLarens. I forget which year, but when they introduced those ugly droopy noses a few years back, McLaren was the only team to not have it, which combined with the silver made it far more appealing than all other cars on the grid.

$1.3B. Insanity.

How many cans of Red Bull has it shifted along the way? And how much do they get back in terms of revenue, especially as the Constructors champ 4 years running. Its huge load of cash no doubt, but its not context of the over all.

Just as aside, the most expensive game ever made, GTA V clocks in a $265M, and thats for some virtual cars. ;)

But I like the silver McLarens. I forget which year, but when they introduced those ugly droopy noses a few years back, McLaren was the only team to not have it, which combined with the silver made it far more appealing than all other cars on the grid.
jenson-button-mclaren-f1-2011-wallpapers_34799_2560x160013.jpg

2011 version maybe?

McLaren find themselves in a really interesting predicament with their driver lineup, for me. Button is a better driver than Magnussen now and very much deserves another year; but you can understand them not wanting to throw Magnussen out of a seat given how much he's shown in his rookie season. Could be a really good driver for, realistically, much longer than Button's got left in the sport.

Personally I think the acquisition of Alonso means that they're in 'win now' mode and should go with Jenson, but I can understand why they're struggling with the decision.

McLaren find themselves in a really interesting predicament with their driver lineup, for me. Button is a better driver than Magnussen now and very much deserves another year; but you can understand them not wanting to throw Magnussen out of a seat given how much he's shown in his rookie season. Could be a really good driver for, realistically, much longer than Button's got left in the sport.

Personally I think the acquisition of Alonso means that they're in 'win now' mode and should go with Jenson, but I can understand why they're struggling with the decision.
Buy Magnussen a drive at Lotus and bring him in when JB's gone.

Amazing how simple things would be if a disinterested Kimi retired:

Seb/Nando
JB/KMag
Ricc/Kvyat

Buy Magnussen a drive at Lotus and bring him in when JB's gone.

Amazing how simple things would be if a disinterested Kimi retired:

Seb/Nando
JB/KMag
Ricc/Kvyat

Kimi gets a lot of worship at F1 on reddit. It annoys me - he's been deadset average since his return and Alonso has smashed him in virtually every race. Oh, but he's a lad and he has funny messages to his pit crew - so f***ing what?

You're completely right, if he is out of the picture then you wouldn't have a more recent world champion, a decent bloke who's still putting in the hard yards in an inferior car having to lose out.

Kimi gets a lot of worship at F1 on reddit. It annoys me - he's been deadset average since his return and Alonso has smashed him in virtually every race. Oh, but he's a lad and he has funny messages to his pit crew - so f***ing what?

You're completely right, if he is out of the picture then you wouldn't have a more recent world champion, a decent bloke who's still putting in the hard yards in an inferior car having to lose out.
I love Kimi, but he seems like he could not care less about racing.

Also, a team of Vettel and Alonso. Jesus ******* christ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back