Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Who will we draft? edition

Pick 11 - Who will it be

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"better prepared, fitter, more experienced" <> better?! FFS, The answer exists in your own statement.

Injury risk is not a factor? Wirrpanda took 3 years to get his feet right - it's a real concern. You can't be "better" if you're not on the park. Are you trying to say he has a higher ceiling or that he is a better player right now, or will have more impact for us immediately?! SMH, seriously, more words does not equal better communication.

Ok, stay cool man. I think what you're saying doesn't make any sense, somehow you feel the same of my argument. I guess we should leave it at that. Read our messages back if you want some clarification. My argument is very clear and evidenced.

Is there a way to reset the votes at the top? Would be interesting to see it now that Pickett won't be around at 11

Good question, but I was always surprised to see his name up there, and even more surprised so many voted for him. If it was who we wanted that would be a different matter, but he hasn't been likely to get to #11 for a long time.

Good question, but I was always surprised to see his name up there, and even more surprised so many voted for him. If it was who we wanted that would be a different matter, but he hasn't been likely to get to #11 for a long time.
I think most people treated it as "who do you want?"

KS are you even joking that I'm joking ? :) "prising the WA talent back off the leeching hordes of minnow franchises" is a clue.
I'm not sure on quite a few of your posts so had to check if you were serious

From now on I'll just assume all your posts are taking the piss to save time:p

Shouldn't really hamper his preaseason, should be able to keep working on the cardio hopefully.

I wouldn't be worried about his fitness, more the fact that now he isn't able to hone his skills at center clearances (suspecting that he is not able to participate in simulation drills). We need him to learn as much as he can this preseason on how to become a midfielder. Hopefully he watches a tonne of tape on center clearances in the meantime.

Such an open draft this year and I can't really pick one of Cockatoo, Duggan and Weller at this stage. All have different strengths that will help our side and will be happy with any of them. Hopefully we can nail the later picks :p

I like the CockleBiddy jokes better. I cant wait to hear the next big quote from Bruce. "THE utensil GIVES THE BIG DONT ARGUE" Delicious.

Serious question for the knowledgeable types....Is the bolded statement that simple? Can players be coached into being ball magnets if it's a bit foreign to them when they're drafted?
Its not that simple, but you can develop the ability to accumulate. If De Goey does increase his production significantly he will be one of the best in the draft though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blaine boekhorst could go top 30 according to afl website. Was it swaannies who didn't rate him? He has a nice highlight package, good pace.

Still I could see his game coming undone at the higher level with leas space to work with.

I wouldn't be worried about his fitness, more the fact that now he isn't able to hone his skills at center clearances (suspecting that he is not able to participate in simulation drills). We need him to learn as much as he can this preseason on how to become a midfielder. Hopefully he watches a tonne of tape on center clearances in the meantime.

Don't the stat's show he's already the best centre clearance player in the league in terms of team wins out of the centre when he's in there?

Serious question for the knowledgeable types....Is the bolded statement that simple? Can players be coached into being ball magnets if it's a bit foreign to them when they're drafted?
ball magnet .. interesting concept ... envisaging knifes and forks flying towards your groin

Blaine boekhorst could go top 30 according to afl website. Was it swaannies who didn't rate him? He has a nice highlight package, good pace.

Still I could see his game coming undone at the higher level with leas space to work with.
Collingwood want him because he wears his hair like the princesses in the King and I .. they love that hairstyle at Collingwood

We won't draft Boekhorst. His shintaro would cause the CEO and fanbase to go into a collective meltdown.

Ugh.. i'm so drained from this thread. One more week of this s**t.
expect emotions to boil over as the draft draws closer, this is life and death you know ;)
Our first pick will determine success for the next decade.

For what it's worth I hope Blakely gets to us at 32. I would be happy to take him at 11.
His movement reminds me of Luke Hodge, not his brother for those who are wondering ;)
His attack on the ball is ferocious and he is an accumulator, I really rate him.

Now to sit back and get ready for an avalanche

expect emotions to boil over as the draft draws closer, this is life and death you know ;)
Our first pick will determine success for the next decade.

For what it's worth I hope Blakely gets to us at 32. I would be happy to take him at 11.
His movement reminds me of Luke Hodge, not his brother for those who are wondering ;)
His attack on the ball is ferocious and he is an accumulator, I really rate him.

Now to sit back and get ready for an avalanche
Yeah there'll be some serious meltdown here regardless of who gets picked id say. I'll get the popcorn ready

More from Pelchen...

Laverde could slip to Eagles at 11 if Collingwood and GWS pass. Weller a chance for Eagles too.

More from Pelchen...

Laverde could slip to Eagles at 11 if Collingwood and GWS pass. Weller a chance for Eagles too.
And the likelihood of both collingwood and Gws overlooking Laverde is?

And the likelihood of both collingwood and Gws overlooking Laverde is?

He didn't say but I would guess a good chance. Collingwood seem to be leaning more towards Langford while GWS seem to be more linked with Pickett at 4 then with Ahern and Goddard. At least thats what the media are saying. He also said Duggan is likely going at 8 to Gold Coast.

My guess based on latest info...

1. Petracca
2. Brayshaw
3. McCartin
4. Pickett
5. Langford
6. Ahern
7. Goddard/Wright
8. Duggan
9. Moore
10. Goddard/Wright/Laverde/DeGoey
11. ?