Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Who will we draft? edition

Pick 11 - Who will it be

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
we need a bullocking ball winning electrifying inside mid who kicks goals. his name is Cockatoo. We dont need half fwds half backs and wingman to mould into inside mids in 3 to 4 yrs time and might be a flop. laverde is nothing like stevie j. Hes more a half back, but has shown he can play in front of his opponent and take a chest mark. I do not see the freakish ability in him at all. I see more freak in cockatoo. actually I see every trait in him we need and what a lot of teams have. He will be a fan favourite and afl icon. if we ever wanted to win more ball in the middle in 2015 and take pressure off shuey etc we would take cockatoo. He is the DAMAGING mid we so crave. So many players have injuries early. majority get over them. Would we change our mind on having Darling now going through foot fractures or would we change our mind on Nic Naitanui having gone through groin adductor injury. Im behind the Cockatoo 110% I see parts of all the best players In him.

Not at all. You rarely see Gunston and especially Waite up around half back. Laverdes primary position is in between the arcs, completely different to Gunston and Waite

In the fwd line he has the athleticism or Waite and why I mentioned Gunston is because he can go up to HbF as well as be used around the midfield

Edit :Embers is probably a better description a big outside mid that can go fwd and kick goals .

Last edited:
You don't pick small forwards with a first round pick

Agree, but this idea of picking Laverde because he can add something to our forward line: it's not what our forward line needs and it's not what the team, as a whole needs. We need speed in the middle. We need someone to come on when Yeo runs off the ground. We need someone to attract attention away from Shuey.

we need a bullocking ball winning electrifying inside mid who kicks goals. his name is Cockatoo. We dont need half fwds half backs and wingman to mould into inside mids in 3 to 4 yrs time and might be a flop. laverde is nothing like stevie j. Hes more a half back, but has shown he can play in front of his opponent and take a chest mark. I do not see the freakish ability in him at all. I see more freak in cockatoo. actually I see every trait in him we need and what a lot of teams have. He will be a fan favourite and afl icon. if we ever wanted to win more ball in the middle in 2015 and take pressure off shuey etc we would take cockatoo. He is the DAMAGING mid we so crave. So many players have injuries early. majority get over them. Would we change our mind on having Darling now going through foot fractures or would we change our mind on Nic Naitanui having gone through groin adductor injury. Im behind the Cockatoo 110% I see parts of all the best players In him.
Cockatoo plays more HBF than midfield...

Agree, but this idea of picking Laverde because he can add something to our forward line: it's not what our forward line needs and it's not what the team, as a whole needs. We need speed in the middle. We need someone to come on when Yeo runs off the ground. We need someone to attract attention away from Shuey.
Yes but what we don't need is another Priddis who can only play one position. With the reduced interchange numbers and only 3 on the bench, to be an elite midfielder you have to be effective in the forward line so when you need a break you can go forward rather than take up precious space on the bench.

That's fine and if he can start in the centre, that would seem to be meeting our immediate need.

There just sometimes seems to be a discrepancy between what we have been calling for all year (big bodied fast mid with elite disposal) and the skills attached to certain potentials.
This simply doesn't exist in this draft. If a draftee had all three of these attributes they would be top 2.

Cockatoo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes but what we don't need is another Priddis who can only play one position. With the reduced interchange numbers and only 3 on the bench, to be an elite midfielder you have to be effective in the forward line so when you need a break you can go forward rather than take up precious space on the bench.

Agree with all that - if we do go down this route, it's only going to add to the questions around Masten who was supposed to be this.

Surely with the reduced interchanges, the substitute will be reverted to a normal interchange player.

http://m.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-p...r-club-will-pick/story-e6frf3e3-1227132256899

been updated. laverde pick 5.
pick 11 weller but with cockatoo in mind.
Good looking rooster.

hes a utility. hes an inside mid who can play back or fwd. did u watch cockatoos vid he starts in middle. laverde doesnt.

When he plays/played for his club it was mostly off HBF. He has played midfield, but so have most others at one time or the other(e.g. Weller, Duggan, etc). Paddy Dangerfield hadn't played much if any midfield when he was drafted (except maybe school footy), same with Bontompelli. That Laverde hasn't doesn't mean he can't, plus he carries less injury risk...

Hahah. Didn't quite mean it like that, just that he doesn't have elite disposal.
Yeah I know. Was just trying to ward off those clubs ahead of us in the draft;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back