Australia vs India - Second Test @ GABBA - Dec 17-21 - Day 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I just woke up in the uk.

Anyone care to give me a run down of who is hurt? Is Harris being rested or is he hurt?

Hazlewood just went off with something (quad maybe?)
Johnson has a sore back and finger.
Marsh has something wrong with his hammy
Starc is distressed from heat and something else
Watson surprisingly looks quite good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just woke up in the uk.

Anyone care to give me a run down of who is hurt? Is Harris being rested or is he hurt?
Harris - slight quad strain,
Marsh M - hammy
Starc - side strain
Hazelwood - not sure couldn't complete the over
Johnson - doesn't look quite right

Warner bowled mediums - made every net bowler feel warm and fuzzy.

It's not the first time someone's playing at such temperature. Fitness standards need to be raised.

I don't think fitness standards are the problem. These guys are fitter than players used to be.

For all I know, over-training could be part of the problem. And I don't know that's just speculation.

Mitch Marsh getting injured isn't that much of a surprise, he's playing test matches fairly close to each other and he never fronts up to a Shield season of 4 day matches with decent gaps between them.

Clarke hamstring
Harris quad
MMarsh hamstring
Hazelwood hamstring
Starc ribs it seems
Johnson has a finger issue

I'm still stunned by the hazelwood and starc selection

Yeh I mean if an unfit bloke like me can go out Friday night, drink several beers and rock up and bowl 20 overs the following Saturday, then back that up with another round on the beers and still be right for another match on Sunday surely these guys who play full time can manage this.

The reason they can't handle it has to be what they're doing outside of the matches
You deserve a medal. Let's see how the Indians bowl and field tomorrow, will provide a contrast with the Aussie players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh I mean if an unfit bloke like me can go out Friday night, drink several beers and rock up and bowl 20 overs the following Saturday, then back that up with another round on the beers and still be right for another match on Sunday surely these guys who play full time can manage this.

The reason they can't handle it has to be what they're doing outside of the matches

Is that you David Boon?:p

I don't think fitness standards are the problem. These guys are fitter than players used to be.

For all I know, over-training could be part of the problem. And I don't know that's just speculation.

Mitch Marsh getting injured isn't that much of a surprise, he's playing test matches fairly close to each other and he never fronts up to a Shield season of 4 day matches with decent gaps between them.
That's a good point. They only got a couple of days' rest before the second match and it's going to get worse from here.

Not many positives from that.

- Haze showed a lot in the first half of the day
- getting Kohli cheaply

I thought getting Vijay might have at least slowed them down a bit for the afternoon. Maybe it did - they looked like they could start rattling along at run a ball pace, or maybe more. They still took 50 of the last 10 overs even though it didn't feel like it.

Other than that it's a very very bad day in the field.

Poor over rate even with the extended finish.

Honors to India on day 1 but again, their last 4-5 wickets can tumble very quickly.

Ashwin a very accomplished batsman though and can put on a score with their tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back