Australia vs India - Second Test @ GABBA - Dec 17-21 - Day 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hilfenhaus - Doesn't break down, reliable, can bowl
Siddle - I like him, he could have bowled long and hard spells today
Faulkner - The bloke's first class record is insane, why isn't he in the team? Has performed everytime he has been selected for Aus unlike some
Bird - He looked very comfortable at test level. I would like to see him get a recall.
Cummins - Unreliable in my opinion but could be the next Shane Bond
Pattinson - Could be the next Ntini, looks spearhead material

WHY STARC!!!?!??!??!

Poor over rate even with the extended finish.

Honors to India on day 1 but again, their last 4-5 wickets can tumble very quickly.

Ashwin a very accomplished batsman though and can put on a score with their tail.

They definitely have three and a half good batsmen to get out. First session tomorrow crucial.

This is India's only chance to create history.

Imagine 1-1 heading into Boxing Day.

Hazlewoood looks a real talent. But this farcical management of fast bowlers needs to stop. Our fitness staff are pathetic.

People seem to give CA a pass by saying it's not an issue with our training methods but simply their age, well if that is true can we really pick two of these younger bowlers in a 3 man frontline pace attack?

Say what you like about siddle he can at least bowl 15 overs in a day without injuring himself.

I don't see the reason to laugh. He bowled well. Got two wickets in his first test innings. Then broke down. It's unfortunate not humorous...

Not saying I dont feel for him, I do, it's a massive day for him, first time in the baggy green, but to break down on the first day of your debut test, must be just about a record even going by our standards with young bowlers and injuries.

Pretty poor day's play from aus to be honest. Ive seen worse scores in a day, but just the way we played, fielded, bowled and generally didnt turn up focussed was most disapointing. Credit to Vijay for making use of multiple letoffs, again, but we really ballsed it up all day. Must be switched on tomorrow.

And whoever is doing fitness/medical at CA needs to be taken to the same deep pit as Mitchell Starc and S Marsh and buried alive.

Faulkner - The bloke's first class record is insane, why isn't he in the team? Has performed everytime he has been selected for Aus unlike some
Bird - He looked very comfortable at test level. I would like to see him get a recall.

WHY STARC!!!?!??!??!
Hilfenhaus: Unsure. How has his last few Shields been?
Siddle: Lost pace and looked last last test. Was unlucky. Should've been picked ahead of Starc though
Faulkner: Seen as an allrounder, Marsh and Watson have that spot
Bird: Just has one game back from injury
Cummins: Told not to play longer forms yet incase he breaks down
Pattinson: Re-working his action so he doesn't break down

People seem to give CA a pass by saying it's not an issue with our training methods but simply their age, well if that is true can we really pick two of these younger bowlers in a 3 man frontline pace attack?

Say what you like about siddle he can at least bowl 15 overs in a day without injuring himself.
I think it's like goal kicking training. Sports scientists getting involved saying "bowl X amount of balls a day". Alan Border was once asked the best preparation for batting a 5 hour innings. "Bat for 5 hours in the nets".

Siddle and Harris came up in the "old" days where they could probably just bowl at will. Unsurprisingly, despite Harris being a cripple, they get through long spells and days without any strains or stress fractures.

Can we pick 2 Marsh bros in one team at the same time as picking two young bowlers? As Passenger showed pages back, WA hardly ever manage it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not saying I dont feel for him, I do, it's a massive day for him, first time in the baggy green, but to break down on the first day of your debut test, must be just about a record even going by our standards with young bowlers and injuries.

Was laugh so you don't cry stuff, when watto looks like he might be the last man standing what else can you do but just laugh?

Picking a bowler purely because he can bowl long spells is a big mistake, particularly given there's six bowlers in the side. It's pretty rare that 3 bowlers go down in the one day. Yes Siddle may not have broken down, but I think he may have been milked too.

The big problem is that he's probably still a better bowler than Starc.

Siddle: Lost pace and looked last last test. Was unlucky. Should've been picked ahead of Starc though
Faulkner: Seen as an allrounder, Marsh and Watson have that spot
Bird: Just has one game back from injury
Cummins: Told not to play longer forms yet incase he breaks down
Pattinson: Re-working his action so he doesn't break down

I would really like Hilfy to get another go at test cricket, want him to get to 100 wickets.

I think it's like goal kicking training. Sports scientists getting involved saying "bowl X amount of balls a day". Alan Border was once asked the best preparation for batting a 5 hour innings. "Bat for 5 hours in the nets".

Siddle and Harris came up in the "old" days where they could probably just bowl at will. Unsurprisingly, despite Harris being a cripple, they get through long spells and days without any strains or stress fractures.
If community level bowlers were limited to 30 balls a day at training - we'd be done very quickly #Law43 #commonsense

Man you're such a friggin pessimist

Tell us we're going to lose the 1st test again
India went for the win late in the last day instead of doing what every other team would have done and batted for a draw. Not a pessimist I call it how I see it. Now today we were getting smacked on a 40 degree day and would likely tire out the players quicker than usual. I didn't know there was rain coming so apparently now a draw is the most likely result.

WHY STARC!!!?!??!??!
Sans Cummins & Pattinson - you have been given a clear picture of the order that CA has them in.

5/10 in the last game.

I would be pretty confident he was next in line for this test.

But as I said earlier, shield form for Hilf would be close to irrelevant in picking him (Unless it's at either end of the extreme were he is rolling teams at will, or going at about 50 runs a wicket for a season). They know exactly what he is going to bring to the table.

With what happened today injury wise he is a big chance to be playing in Melbourne.

Sans Cummins & Pattinson - you have been given a clear picture of the order that CA has them in.
Suggesting Faulkner is in the mix? I'd hope so. His bowling looks a bit awkward, and isn't the quickest, but he bowls very little s**t, moves it around, is an intense competitor (the exact opposite of Starc today) and his performances over a sustained period for Tassie can't be denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back