Australia vs India - Second Test @ GABBA - Dec 17-21 - Day 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If community level bowlers were limited to 30 balls a day at training - we'd be done very quickly #Law43 #commonsense
And then when they have the slightest little niggle they're locked up in a body cast for 10 weeks. It's a joke.

"Injury prevention" is the biggest failing CA has ever introduced.

And then when they have the slightest little niggle they're locked up in a body cast for 10 weeks. It's a joke.

"Injury prevention" is the biggest failing CA has ever introduced.
From an outsiders perspective looking in there definitely seems an element of "over diagnosis"

Sometimes you gotta bowl through with a little niggle.

From an outsiders perspective looking in there definitely seems an element of "over diagnosis"

Sometimes you gotta bowl through with a little niggle.
Imagine if someone tried to tell DK "your leg's a little tired? You're not bowling for a month".

Suggesting Faulkner is in the mix? I'd hope so. His bowling looks a bit awkward, and isn't the quickest, but he bowls very little s**t, moves it around, is an intense competitor (the exact opposite of Starc today) and his performances over a sustained period for Tassie can't be denied.
He's in the mix if M Marsh is out, but that's it. The current panel like, fast and tall bowlers in that order.

Suggesting Faulkner is in the mix? I'd hope so. His bowling looks a bit awkward, and isn't the quickest, but he bowls very little s**t, moves it around, is an intense competitor (the exact opposite of Starc today) and his performances over a sustained period for Tassie can't be denied.

Starc appears to float about in some world of his own. Like he's warming up in the nets rather than playing test cricket.

Ugh, not Starc again.
*on day two

Seriously though, I've never seen a bowler with so little aggression. He looks like he should be bowling 120km/hr. His action through the crease has no explosiveness. It's not smooth in a good way like a McGrath or Akram either.

You might as well set up a bowling machine at one end instead.

For starters, India need to accept DRS, end of story.

However there is a lot of talk about had India agreed to DRS that these bad decisions would not have happened. That is total BS. As you can use up your "lifelines" before a howler and still get out to one.

What I would like to see is that teams dont get the option to challenge a decision, but that the umpire has the opportunity to go upstairs and get a second opinion on any delivery.

He's in the mix if M Marsh is out, but that's it. The current panel like, fast and tall bowlers in that order.
Yeah pretty much figure that's the thought process, but i still reckon he could hold his own as a bowler. Obviously he is down the pecking order a bit as a bowler, but that is more due to a lot of good quicks around. Although there are more in the physio room than on the field. Also there is no doubt two yards of pace would not go astray for Faulkner.

In any case, I reckon he'd be an upgrade on Marsh if he is injured for boxing day. Better bowler, and you'd get a similar output with the willow I reckon. Although Marsh's ceiling with the bat is much higher.

Bowling all rounders are hard to fit into test teams.

However there is a lot of talk about had India agreed to DRS that these bad decisions would not have happened. That is total BS. As you can use up your "lifelines" before a howler and still get out to one.

What I would like to see is that teams dont get the option to challenge a decision, but that the umpire has the opportunity to go upstairs and get a second opinion on any delivery.
How about umpires stop making appalling decisions and then everyone stops talking about DRS?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about umpires stop making appalling decisions and then everyone stops talking about DRS?

Everyone makes mistakes, however the ability to review a decision negates that to an extent. I dont think we ever have the right to ever complain again by the Indians over appealing. We have appealed for all the howlers throughout this series and then some.

Imagine if we didnt have run outs adjudicated, how hard would it be for an umpire to get it 100%.

Lol

What's the point in having a umpire then? Might as well umpire from the 3rd umpire room

Lol

What's the point in having a umpire then? Might as well umpire from the 3rd umpire room

We need someone to stand in the middle of the sledges lol. Seriously though an umpire on the ground is always needed on the ground.

Umpires do NOT just make decisions, there is a lot of other duties they have on the field.

Well the selectors have once again shown themselves to be muppets, picking an unproven player again off of ODI form (he's had ok shield form but the Redbacks don't count). Hazelwood bowled ok but needs to improve his metronome. There is a distinct problem with the Australian attack and that is the ability to bowl to a plan. They just go up and bowl, hardly think about it, bowl fast. Chadd Sayers would be a perfect compliment to these guys even at 130km/h but because he is slower than desire he gets no go. Funny how he still gets more wickets than Starc and barely goes for any...

I don't necessarily disagree with this, but can you imagine what it would be like? They'd be holding the game up reviewing about 100 incidents every day.

I don't necessarily disagree with this, but can you imagine what it would be like? They'd be holding the game up reviewing about 100 incidents every day.
My thoughts exactly. Like communism, good in theory but inherently unrealistic in reality.

Siddle gets criticized for too many bananas, but maybe his teammates are having too few.

Interestingly, I recall Boxing Day 2003 where India where in a very similar position at the end of day 1. Sehwag fell just short of a double tonne trying to pummel Katich for 6. They then were shot out very quickly the next morning and lost the game from there.

Things can change very quickly.

wont be a draw

That's bullshit....It could easily be a draw. The Indians won't set us a target to chase on day 5. They will put the game beyond boubt and then try and win. We are going to struggle to bowl them out with no bowlers either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back