Crows Best 22 (2015 edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. They're both very talented young players with bright futures.
We'd back Crouch in to be better, but saying Crouch>>>>Wines is just silly. And not even close to true.

You are way too bias. Wines is a gun and arguably better than Crouch at the moment.
Wines ahead of crouch due to injuries.

Imo, both will be gun players... & reckon crouch may become one of our best ever players.

Lets be honest. Theres hardly any pure back pockets anymore. Players need to be far more versatile. Perfectly reasonable for me to compare to Brown. As this is where he needs to get to to stay in the league.

Either way, even if we talk about the 1980s classic lock down on a small back pocket I'd take Laird and Cheney just from just our list ahead of Brown for their defensive ability.

Lets be honest. Theres hardly any pure back pockets anymore. Players need to be far more versatile. Perfectly reasonable for me to compare to Brown. As this is where he needs to get to to stay in the league.

Either way, even if we talk about the 1980s classic lock down on a small back pocket I'd take Laird and Cheney just from just our list ahead of Brown for their defensive ability.
Brown could turn into Scott Lee. Well that's who I just thought of then. Like you said bring more factors into his game.

Please Brown is far better defensively than Laird. Laird possibly has more flair and can find more footy but if you need someone to stand a dangerous small forward Brown is your man every time. Cheney more suited to the third tall types.

You are way too bias. Wines is a gun and arguably better than Crouch at the moment.
It maybe that the port games I have seen, not that many but a few I was un-impressed with Wines due to the hype. But I saw all of Crouch's games. From what I have seen I think Crouch will be a much better player.

Please Brown is far better defensively than Laird. Laird possibly has more flair and can find more footy but if you need someone to stand a dangerous small forward Brown is your man every time. Cheney more suited to the third tall types.

Not sure how you can argue Laird has more flair than Brown, that's quite odd. Brown is a far better user of the ball, and when he finally comes out of his shell we will see that. Just go watch his junior tapes. Laird is also good, but just makes brilliant decisions under high pressure. Neither of them a flashy players as such, but id rather have the ball in Browns hands if we were rebounding out of defence.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Laird and his defensive game, but I still cannot understand the flack Brown cops on here. Unwarranted.

Crouches best is better than wines best when crouch has a injury free season he will be better than wines until than you can't really argue it even though you know its true

I don't think you can say that Crouch is better than Wines - Wines is an absolute gun already.

Sure I love Crouch, and see him as being something special - but so is Wines, and at this stage Wines is ahead in almost every respect.

It maybe that the port games I have seen, not that many but a few I was un-impressed with Wines due to the hype. But I saw all of Crouch's games. From what I have seen I think Crouch will be a much better player.

It could be that Wines is a bit one dimensional as a player that might be doing that, whereas Crouch is pretty balanced.

That said, you can make a hell of a career out of what Wines specializes in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crouch has played half as many games as Wines. Wines is ahead but Crouch has more upside imo. If he gets in a full season, when he gets up around 40-50 games look out.

I find crouching whilst drinking my wines quite uncomfortable.
Absolutely. Someone came up with a list earlier this season with all power listed players.
Neade, Moore, Redden, White, Wines. Hard to beat that.

True

But what are your thoughts?
Not sure, Crouch is 9 months older, 3cm shorter, 10kg lighter and has only played half the number of games (injury doesn't help of course). They're both bulls but Wines has the runs on the board and hasn't had any injury problems at all...played every game hasn't he? If had to pick one right now I'd go Wines for that reason. Ask me again in 10 years time and I might give you a different answer :p

Not sure, Crouch is 9 months older, 3cm shorter, 10kg lighter and has only played half the number of games (injury doesn't help of course). They're both bulls but Wines has the runs on the board and hasn't had any injury problems at all...played every game hasn't he? If had to pick one right now I'd go Wines for that reason. Ask me again in 10 years time and I might give you a different answer :p
Bang on the money IMO.

Right now it's comfortably Wines. Crouch every chance to overtake in the future.

my take for early on...

Brown Talia Cheney
Lever Hartigan Jaensch
Sloane Dangerfield Smith
Kerridge Walker Lynch
Betts Podisiadly Lowden

Jacobs BCrouch Thompson
Cameron, Douglas, MCrouch - VanBerlo

Lever - thrown in the deep end...

I'm gonna give my thoughts here.

R1 based on last year:
Brown Talia Cheney
Hendo Hartigan Jaensch
Mackay Sloane Smith
Danger Walker Lynch
Betts Jenkins Cameron

Jacobs B.Crouch Thompson
Bench: M.Crouch(sub), Grigg, Douglas, VanBerlo

Kerridge
Things to say about this:
  • Pods doesn't get a game. I really think we have to move on without him. If he's playing we have 10 injuries.
  • Jacobs rucks a WHOLE game. I'm hoping Jenkins grows a pair and relieves him. Even so... this can't go on for a whole season. I sure as s**t hope we have a plan for this. Lowden to do some stuff hopefully before the end of the year.
  • Danger is an OUTSIDE MID forward of play. He swaps into the middle as part of rotations but OUTSIDE RUN AND KICKING GOALS AND BREAKING TACKLES and OWNING EVERYTHING LOOSE and MAKING HIS MAN CRY BLOOD!
  • I've got Grigg and M.Crouch in there. BUT- those are the spots that will go to the best of the Lyons/Kerridge/Grigg/M.Crouch crew.
  • I'm also assuming Hendo is in favour as a running HBF. He may not be. Him being there has Mackay and Smith on the wings. (NICE). IF he isn't, then smith back to HBF Lynch onto the wing and then maybe Grigg onto the HFF flank.
  • I think I am missing a 3rd tall in this team. Lynch is there now. But... I actually prefer him as the link man between HBF and HFF - so essentially a hard running wing man. Which he seems to be awesome at (if he's not hurt). I guess that gives flexibility in his role. Also I can't see a player on the list for that spot.

Final commentary:
I actually hope that this is not what happens. I'm hoping there is a shake up and some s**t that is not foreseen from the coaching staff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back