ODI Tri-series: Australia vs England, Bellerive, Hobart.

Remove this Banner Ad

If you can't remember at least 2 dozen brain fades by Haddin then I fear you may be suffering memory loss, he has been doing it since before maxwell played state cricket.

Lol. Even if we accept what you say about Haddin is true, Maxy has had 24 brain fades in his last 24 matches.

Not sure if serious? Haddin has not only been very dependable but a terrific player for many years. And yet, inexplicably to add to your hatred of him, you want Wade, who would arguably be the most unreliable under pressure and technically-worst of all the current state 'keepers. And who has botched numerous chances at international level.

If we exclude the ashes series Haddin has averaged about 5 over the last 3 years and before that he let through 30 byes a game.

I don't have a problem with Finch being in the squad? If we're talking about Victorians, he's certainly a lot better than most of the long shopping list of duds that state has served up at international level for much of the past 15 years. (My anti-Vic bashing is more than covered by your pro-Vic jizzing, btw.)

Not sure if serious? Haddin has not only been very dependable but a terrific player for many years. And yet, inexplicably to add to your hatred of him, you want Wade, who would arguably be the most unreliable under pressure and technically-worst of all the current state 'keepers. And who has botched numerous chances at international level.
Not long until we find out. Into his last 12 months now:) He'll screw us over at some point. His brain fades will ensure that is the case.

Maxwell will be in and around the side only because he won't be any worse as a containing ODI spinner than X and even in poor form he'll offer more as a batsmen. Have not advocated this summer for him to be in as a batsmen, his form doesn't warrant it.

White shouldn't be in the ODI side but his domestic form is why he's on the periphery. Pretty simple I would have thought.

The one question you refuse to answer is why quote me on Henriques just to bring up Haddin vs Wade:drunk:

The one question you refuse to answer is why quote me on Henriques just to bring up Haddin vs Wade:drunk:

What ... ? Because you posted your ins and outs for the Australian team. And they were totally inconsistent with an omission you'd advocated earlier (ie before you fell completely silent during a magnificent innings from Haddin). It's not hard to work out, I wouldn't have thought?

What ... ? Because you posted your ins and outs for the next game. And they were totally inconsistent with an omission you'd advocated earlier (ie before you fell completely silent during a magnificent innings from Haddin). It's not hard to work out, I wouldn't have thought?
magnificent innings?!?! LOL he made 42 against our bunnies, now Smith's was a magnificent innings:thumbsu:.

Secondly I 'fell silent' as I was actually out and missed part of the match. My lack of posting on the match at all would indicate that.

What still stands is Henriques out. Watson in.:). Thank * for M.Marsh it would be disturbing if Moises was the 1st reserve all rounder.

I didn't see any of the match, but didn't Maxwell make a solid 30s score and bat with Smith for a long period after a couple of quick wickets? That seems ok to me
Didn't see part of our innings but the scorecard reads 37 minutes at the crease.

Edit: 10 overs and 1 ball at the crease.

I have no idea. Why is Triple M the highest rating station during footy season? Must be a few clueless idiots out there like me
MMM isn't bad for footy I guess but despite being a former FC cricketer he comes off as the ugly duckling, a fish out of water. Tries to hard to be funny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MMM isn't bad for footy I guess but despite being a former FC cricketer he comes off as the ugly duckling, a fish out of water. Tries to hard to be funny.
Eh, I don't love him as much during the cricket, but I've never been one to really be bothered about commentating. He's awesome on Triple M though, maybe he's just better suited to radio.

Not long until we find out. Into his last 12 months now:) He'll screw us over at some point. His brain fades will ensure that is the case.

Maxwell will be in and around the side only because he won't be any worse as a containing ODI spinner than X and even in poor form he'll offer more as a batsmen. Have not advocated this summer for him to be in as a batsmen, his form doesn't warrant it.

White shouldn't be in the ODI side but his domestic form is why he's on the periphery. Pretty simple I would have thought.

Doherty is the better bowler

I 'fell silent' as I was actually out and missed part of the match. My lack of posting on the match at all would indicate that.

I just took a quick look at your posting history tonight to see how well that excuse stands up. Haddin batted roughly between about 9:10 and 10:05pm AEDT. Strangely enough, you made a string of posts consistently throughout that whole time - 8 in all, and 7 of them about cricket, I think. None about Haddin, though - just the complete silence about his innings that I was (very correctly) referring to.

Doesn't look very like much like you were "out" and had to "miss" that part of the match at all.

Eh, I don't love him as much during the cricket, but I've never been one to really care about commentating. He's awesome on Triple M though, maybe he's just better suited to radio.
I think he's a fish out water per say as imo some of the best cricket commentators talk about the game (Jim Maxwell. Bhogle, Moorfoot, Chappell, Bill and Richie) but he can't shake off the blokey have a laugh persona which suits him well amongst Lyon, Spud, Purple, Dunstall etc.

I have no idea. Why is Triple M the highest rating station during footy season? Must be a few clueless idiots out there like me
its called ratings, the TV rating system has approx 5000 rating boxes. 3k for the metro & 2k for the country, yet that speaks for 23 million people.
work the radio ratings out your self, when you have an idea, let the rest of us know:confused:

Thank god George Bailey will be back for the next match. Smith is an excellent batsman, but I don't think he's that great a captain. Several poor decisions in this game nearly lost it for us, but I can't fault his century it was superb.

I don't know why Haddin played that shot that got him out. I think if he left it they would have called it a wide. He's an exciting batsman in this format but like all big hitters he seems prone to getting carried away. Often the cause of his demise. I think Maxwell is a bit the same, plays unnecessary shots.

The fat guy over the fence was the highlight. They should have given him Man of the Match. :D:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back