Analysis Stadium deals - what, how, when - why we need a new one and the SA footy paradigm shift happening

Remove this Banner Ad

Have heard from a very good source that the delay is coming from one party in particular holding out for than its main rival party

make out of that what you want

Have heard from a very good source that the delay is coming from one party in particular holding out for than its main rival party

Port wanting more because we spend more at the ground? Makes sense.

The SANFL is holding out for more than the PAFC?

I have it on good authority that the deal will be signed on the last day of negotiations.
Will we get the two week warning?

You dont go and threaten to call a joint presser next week, ie mid December - then dont go thru with it, and then mid January tell everyone its all going swimmingly. Just stop the BS and spin. Its back to the old in "two weeks time" days. Yes I know we signed a confidentiality agreement and locked ourselves in, but time to tell the full truth.

And dont give me the its a complex issue any more. It's not that ******* complex. In the 7 months it has taken to finalise this deal, NASA sent Apollo 8 in late December 1968 to orbit the moon for the first time and man saw earth in the vastness of space over the horizon for the first time, Apollo 9 to test out the LEM, Apollo 10 to do a low orbit of the moon again and test their systems, and Apollo 11 to land and put man on the moon for the first time in late July 1969. That was a complex issue. This is just football politics and BS spin.
Agree this is not complex

What is complex is dealing with an organisation who is a bunch of dinosaurs

Using the word complex publicly is insulting to us all

I have it on good authority that the deal will be signed on the last day of negotiations.

Harrumphhh.
images

I'm still to have this verified but was talking to a couple guys on the committee of a small country club that has had to go into recess (in part due to silly regulations re juniors). They were telling me that as they are affiliated with the sanfl that the SANFL has said if they fold the money they hold needs to go to sanfl.
Obviously there would be creative ways around that but if true the sanfl are bigger pricks than I thought.
In ten years at the club I saw no sanfl or sanfl club presence ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still to have this verified but was talking to a couple guys on the committee of a small country club that has had to go into recess (in part due to silly regulations re juniors). They were telling me that as they are affiliated with the sanfl that the SANFL has said if they fold the money they hold needs to go to sanfl.
Obviously there would be creative ways around that but if true the sanfl are bigger pricks than I thought.
In ten years at the club I saw no sanfl or sanfl club presence ever.

Did they mention why the SANFL did not come to their aid ? After all, are they not the SA Aussie rules authority that needs all this money to run grass roots footy in SA ? Oh no wait.... that's rite, its all our fault :rolleyes:

Did they mention why the SANFL did not come to their aid ? After all, are they not the SA Aussie rules authority that needs all this money to run grass roots footy in SA ? Oh no wait.... that's rite, its all our fault :rolleyes:

There's little the SANFL could do as clubs in small communities suffer from lack of numbers, however there are regulations that are making it harder for these clubs to field junior sides, and when juniors die clubs die.

If these clubs fold the money belongs to the community who in the most volunteer to help raise it - not to the SANFL Ivory towers.

There's little the SANFL could do as clubs in small communities suffer from lack of numbers, however there are regulations that are making it harder for these clubs to field junior sides, and when juniors die clubs die.

If these clubs fold the money belongs to the community who in the most volunteer to help raise it - not to the SANFL Ivory towers.

Yes true. My post was more being dimwittedly sarcastic. If you do not have the numbers or if it is just to hard, kids will play another sport. As for money raised by the community for the club, if nothing has come from the SANFL then it is a little hard to believe they have the rite to it ( but then again that sounds a little like the AO deal doesn't it). Something tells me the SANFL has a lot of skeletons in its closet yet to be exposed.

That is an interesting issue in itself, how is that money used and as a community fundraising aspect if the club folds and who decides where the money goes ?

Depends on the club's constitution.

SANFL would only be beneficiaries if it's documented in the constitution.

"The SANFL, who started it all and who once owned everything, can never be happy that the clubs, the AFL and perhaps even the government, are determined to banish it to insignificance."

Unfortunately for them, they now own NOTHING.
And must like the author they are a dinosaur - a relic of a by-gone era who cannot see the forest through the trees and come to the realisation that they are irrelevant (must like the author)

Banished to insignificance? - should be a foregone conclusion...

Seems to me that Old Wrinkles is guilty of the bitterness he accuses Port of. Mind you, he has every reason to be bitter, having been on the receiving end of so many finals floggings/humiliations at the hands of the Magpies. Then of course there's a bloke named Granger :)

Seems to me that Old Wrinkles is guilty of the bitterness he accuses Port of. Mind you, he has every reason to be bitter, having been on the receiving end of so many finals floggings/humiliations at the hands of the Magpies. Then of course there's a bloke named Granger :)

And his two sons playing for Port Adelaide - with one of them wearing Dave's number :p

Depends on the club's constitution.

SANFL would only be beneficiaries if it's documented in the constitution.

Yep gotta be something in the constitution - as assets of an incorporated association belongs to its members and on winding up, the proceeds go to the members unless a specific clause says otherwise. Did the SANFL lend them monies and they take out security against the loan, and any funds would be less than or equal to the loan?? These are the only two ways the SANFL would get any funds. It just doesnt sound right.

I was beginning to think that AdsGoNads must be Rucci, but even he's stopped counting...

"AS negotiations for the carve-up of the unprecedented riches of Adelaide Oval draw to their glacial conclusion, (only Michelangelo Rucci knows how many days it has been), one thing is painfully clear. None of the football parties will get what they want. "

Day 190 - Maybe.. Hopefully KT is pushing for club representatives on the SMA board in addition.. Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back