Other New Patriots Scandal - DeflateGate

Remove this Banner Ad

Wilson has been making footballs for a billion years, and football has been played in warm and cold outdoor weather for 100 years, and there has never been a deflation issue to such an extent due to weather, not even defective footballs.

So it can't be Tom Brady breaking NFL rules ("learn the Rules" said to Harbaugh), even after he admitted in 2011 he prefers deflated balls.

Thank-you for playing. :cool:

Its really making me sick reading all these pats fans portraying the team as victims of some conspiracy.

Individuals within the team should be presumed innocent, but there's something fishy about the situation.

All the spotfires over the years, does not look positive imo

Its really making me sick reading all these pats fans portraying the team as victims of some conspiracy.

Individuals within the team should be presumed innocent, but there's something fishy about the situation.

We'll get use to being sick coz the Pats and their fans aren't going away.

Wait for NFL to complete their investigation.

Oh and Rodgers is no clean skin either.

Way to go, bro.

I hope you're still posting here next month...

Does A-rod have a vicodin addiction?? Cos I don'tthink I could go through that again...

What spot fires would they be? The one issue in 2007. The one Spygate issue.

I've always admired the Pats and Brady and as regulars on here know, I'm a BB fan. Never placed that big a deal on Spygate and as ausbacker says, they have not been found guilty of anything as yet.

But it doesn't look great at the moment and to me it has nothing to do with vedettas or hate bullshit. Vendettas and hate is best kept to the Essendon saga.

I really hope there is some logical reason why this happened that doesn't involve BB and/or Brady.

I've always admired the Pats and Brady and as regulars on here know, I'm a BB fan. Never placed that big a deal on Spygate and as ausbacker says, they have not been found guilty of anything as yet.

But it doesn't look great at the moment and to me it has nothing to do with vedettas or hate bullshit. Vendettas and hate is best kept to the Essendon saga.

I really hope there is some logical reason why this happened that doesn't involve BB and/or Brady.

Not for you TGBB, just some others on here and elsewhere looking for anything to throw around. Lets just wait and I hope for the same. NFL have relased a statement saying they are fully co operating so lets just stick with the facts. Thank god I have a game to look forward to.

Ah, yes, the pats fans are all here this week..cos, you know, in a Super Bowl. As has been the case In the past, will be a large drop off after next week only to reappear the next time you are in one. It's just the nature of it, we have seen it before on this board.
We have a couple of regular pats fans, sadly some of them seem to be in full blown 'it wasn't me' mode, but we know all the blow ins will blow out again soon enough.

What spot fires would they be? The one issue in 2007. The one Spygate issue.

Spygate the obvious one.

The Belichick hiring itself, the substitution issue is another.

I'm sure there is another that escapes me...

But the fact is Belichick treads a fine line, and pushes rules to their absolute limits (Note, I am saying things are generally within the rules as they're written).

There is clearly precedent.

Spygate the obvious one.

But the fact is Belichick treads a fine line, and pushes rules to their absolute limits (Note, I am saying things are generally within the rules as they're written).

No, there isn't. You have Spygate and that is all.

Unfortunately, you're allowing your hatred for the Patriots to cloud your judgement.

I don't hate the Patriots... We beat them in Superbowls. What is there to hate??

Quite the contrary, to be honest. I respect them more than I respect most teams. But facts are facts, and you're in denial.

Should I bring up the snow plough incident from 1982 and just blame team culture?

These sagas can galvanise a side or cause huge strife no matter how good the management of the issue is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spygate the obvious one.

That was perfectly legal so how is that even considered a 'spotfire'?

Clutching at straws.

Well the Pats have come out and completely denied it. So either it's all happened out of their control, or they are going to look very very silly when the NFL comes out with their findings.
What took them so long?

Confirmation there wasn't any compelling evidence proving they did it?

Cheats are usually good at cheating (hence why they do it). Even more so when those who sit in judgement have a vested interest in making sure they don't find any evidence of the cheating.

What took them so long?

Cheats are usually good at cheating (hence why they do it). Even more so when those who sit in judgement have a vested interest in making sure they don't find any evidence of the cheating.
The Saints didn't do a very good job at cheating.

Fwiw they came out and denied at it the beginning of the week.

What took them so long?

They wanted to make sure that there was no wrongdoing, so they did their own investigation.

Once they got the results from that, Belichick held a press conference to give everyone some answers and in turn, made everyone look like a damn fool.

He even made Spygate look just as unimportant as it's ever been. The whole press conference was awesome.

I don't hate the Patriots... We beat them in Superbowls. What is there to hate??

Quite the contrary, to be honest. I respect them more than I respect most teams. But facts are facts, and you're in denial.

Should I bring up the snow plough incident from 1982 and just blame team culture?
Yes, facts are facts. Unfortunately for you, you're dribbling s**t with little to no factual basis outside of 1 controversy and an incredibly smart, perhaps devious move in 1982. That is such a strong case I couldn't possibly imagine a counter to it over the next 33 years.

What took them so long?

You were brilliant in 12 Angry Men. You almost convinced the world that innocent parties are guilty no matter what. Shame about that reasonable bastard Henry Fonda.

That was perfectly legal so how is that even considered a 'spotfire'?

Clutching at straws.

It was legal but the Refs came to the conclusion that it was handled unfairly. That's why the Colts where given 18 seconds before the snap in the AFC champ game when in the previous game the max the Ravens got was 10 seconds (other plays 5 and 4 seconds).

It was legal but the Refs came to the conclusion that it was handled unfairly. That's why the Colts where given 18 seconds before the snap in the AFC champ game when in the previous game the max the Ravens got was 10 seconds (other plays 5 and 4 seconds).
The refs announced to the stadium 34 was ineligible and TOLD the Ravens defenders not to cover Vereen. If the refs didn't handle it properly it's their fault not New Englands. Everyone can stfu about the formations.

The Saints didn't do a very good job at cheating.
Won a championship.

How many have the Pats won since they started deflating balls years ago?

Fwiw they came out and denied at it the beginning of the week.
They did?

Bill has already been shown to be a liar claiming he didn't know about it until Monday.

Ah, yes, the pats fans are all here this week..cos, you know, in a Super Bowl. As has been the case In the past, will be a large drop off after next week only to reappear the next time you are in one. It's just the nature of it, we have seen it before on this board.
We have a couple of regular pats fans, sadly some of them seem to be in full blown 'it wasn't me' mode, but we know all the blow ins will blow out again soon enough.

Hey, I may not have posted here much but I'm as true to the team as any blogger. I've been fortunate to see them play against the Broncos in Nov 2013 at Gillette Stadium in their overtime win (Manning continuing to be Brady's bitch) and was more recently in Dec 2014 in San Diego against the Chargers. And in a weeks time, I'll be in Phoenix to see them in a Super Bowl. So make of that what you will.

Lets see what the NFL investigation provides but the muppets here won't accept the findings if no wrong doing can be found against the Patriots.

Haters will always hate.

The refs announced to the stadium 34 was ineligible and TOLD the Ravens defenders not to cover Vereen. If the refs didn't handle it properly it's their fault not New Englands. Everyone can stfu about the formations.

Nah man you're right that's why the Colts where given almost DOUBLE the amount of time before the snap in the next game.

How come Flacco can tell when there's is something off with the ball but Brady can't? Brady is a much better QB so to me it's quite obvious he's bull shitting

Won a championship.

How many have the Pats won since they started deflating balls years ago?

They did?

Bill has already been shown to be a liar claiming he didn't know about it until Monday.

You're being very contradictory. The Patriots won 3 Championships because they were cheating according to everyone in the world outside New England.

How was he supposed to know about it prior to Monday when the story broke. You're not making a lot of sense here. This issue is pretty complicated, not as complicated as deliberately maiming opposition players. I'm very confident in saying I'm not going lose the coach of my football team for an entire year :thumbsu:

Case closed. On to the Superbowl now :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back