Where is Roman Reigns at?

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel sorry for this bloke. The continue Bashing of Regins and saying how the WWE F**ked up this.

You think Roman Reigns was the worst wrestler to ever live.

I don’t think Roman is that bad. Not the Best Talker but If they keep it short and to the Point he does a very good job and he is out there to Kick Ass and Take Names.

He seems a real good bloke when you see him do work outside of the TV Shows.

Just think people are being way to harsh on Roman.

People say he is not ready but you can never be 100% sure when someone is Ready. He is no worse when The Miz was Champion.

As i've said this week ( about 10 times ) is that Vince might be mad but he's not senile.
He caved to the fans last year but you think an ego THAT size is just gonna let that slide ???

I want to see DB vs Brock too but it's not fair on Roman , only thing he's done wrong is impress Vince.
Some of the people booing him should know better and show the " sport " a bit more respect imo.

* shuts eyes and remembers the OLD days of wrestilng before the internet *

I feel sorry for this bloke. The continue Bashing of Regins and saying how the WWE F**ked up this.

Granted there are some unfairly laying the boot into Reigns himself I still reckon you're interpreting a lot of the hate slightly wrong as that sentence is a bit off....

I and many others feel sorry for the bloke too.
That's why I and many others been bashing the WWE, because they f**ked Roman Reigns up.

No doubt they have a guy who could be something great, but the way they've gone about it (I'm not just talking about 'pushing' but also 'presenting') I'm worried that they've tarnished him & his image to a point it's going to be extremely difficult to come back from.
Placing such a huge emphasis on him so early has also placed the spotlight squarely on his faults and weakness and now that they have been displayed so drastically, they are going to be a constant focus and be critisized until he pretty much becomes perfect, which is impossible. People are going to be nitpicking every promo, every match, etc he does now more so than they would have had he been just left to get over on his own.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other than his mic skills, I feel that the only other reason people s**t on Reigns is because they think he's going to become the next Super Cena.

As i've said this week ( about 10 times ) is that Vince might be mad but he's not senile.
He caved to the fans last year but you think an ego THAT size is just gonna let that slide ???

I want to see DB vs Brock too but it's not fair on Roman , only thing he's done wrong is impress Vince.
Some of the people booing him should know better and show the " sport " a bit more respect imo.

Show the sport more respect? How about this company show the fans a bit more respect? The WWE have been delivering absolute nonsense for the last year (and probably longer). That nonsense continued in the second biggest PPV of the year at a place that won't tolerate it.

As for all Roman has done wrong, as Austin has said he took ####ing nap in the ring for 20 mins. Wrestlers are looking around for him to make him look good and he's squatting in the corner. Then you have his poor performances in the last few weeks. Had a really good match with Fandango but followed it up by looking lost all match against Rusev then forgetting he was wrestling as a face in a tag match the next week. And this is our next WWE champion.

He's not awful but not a stand out guy either (besides ZOMG GOODLOOKING WITH MUSCLES).

If he hadn't had the 3 month injury followed with dodgy promos it would've gone over better.

And this is our next WWE champion.
yep

wtf-dude-slides-away-with-sunglasses-and-deal-with-it.gif

:D

I have dealt with it and cancelled my Network subscription you silly fanboy. As thousands of others already have (Vince's fudged figures won't show this). Nonsense booking leading to an arena full of people burying a result is not what the WWE needs. Raw can barely rate a 3 these days and this is why.

This isn't just any title match at mania. It is against the guy that ended the streak. Bringing up the Miz as a comparison to try and say he isn't the worst main event wrestler in the history of mania doesn't cut it. As much as everyone hates the Miz I still would say he has been more effective at portraying a character as an individual than Roman has.

At this stage the choice for him to win looks like an epic mistake. Surely a heel turn will come soon.

But what is he actually good at?

Think of it this way...

Imagine you're not a wrestling fan. Not because you hate it, or "It's fake!!!", just because you've never really explored it. You're flicking channels, and you come across Raw or SmackDown. You see "guy in the street" Daniel Bryan cutting a promo in his smirking wink-wink "I can't believe I'm following this lame script, because we all know I'm cooler than mainstream wrestling, guys" tone. Are you hooked? Or do are you more drawn in by a living action figure in Roman Reigns, who looks believeable right off the bat to a non-fan, looking and sounding like an action film star? He looks like somebody, not the nerdy vegan I.T. guy at your work.

At this stage the choice for him to win looks like an epic mistake. Surely a heel turn will come soon.

They might not actually have to officially "turn" him at all. If they want him to be the heel, and him doing what he's doing is earning the boos, why change things?

Last edited:
They might not actually have to officially "turn" him at all. If they want him to be the heel, and him doing what he's doing is earning the boos, why change things?

Can see what you're saying but they should still turn him heel totally. If the crown want to boo him give them something to really boo him for. Then people will eagerly watch TV and WMania in the hope he gets his @$$ kicked. Also helps when the heel manager Heyman likely jumps across.

Just to add to what I said above, as wrestling fans, we can have the tendency to be a bit insular, and only consider what we like as established viewers of the form. WWE (and any decent promotion) will always have an eye on attracting new fans and getting that mainstream crossover attention, because that's how the audience regenerates and grows over time. If you just cater to the fans you already have, many of whom will watch regardless, even if they "hate" what's going on, you're never really going to grow or evolve over time. It's not always as simple as "live crowd likes this guy, just keep pushing him up the card". Sometimes you've got to try and take a punt on something else, or put a rocket under a particular type, even if it's not the live crowd's absolute favourite choice, to keep mixing things up.

Just to add to what I said above, as wrestling fans, we can have the tendency to be a bit insular, and only consider what we like as established viewers of the form. WWE (and any decent promotion) will always have an eye on attracting new fans and getting that mainstream crossover attention, because that's how the audience regenerates and grows over time. If you just cater to the fans you already have, many of whom will watch regardless, even if they "hate" what's going on, you're never really going to grow or evolve over time. It's not always as simple as "live crowd likes this guy, just keep pushing him up the card". Sometimes you've got to try and take a punt on something else, or put a rocket under a particular type, even if it's not the live crowd's absolute favourite choice, to keep mixing things up.

This is all well and good but Bryan is wildly popular and far more likely to get crossover attention than the very green Reigns who can barely carry a match. First things first for the WWE. Stop insulting the fans they have (and are flocking to MMA) before looking to branch too far out. Do that by putting decent weekly shows and PPVs together and not the inconsistent, tired, confused s**t they have lately. Clock is ticking. Far as crossover appeal Brock Lesnar has it and WWE would want to get their s**t together in the 2 months he has left.

This is all well and good but Bryan is wildly popular and far more likely to get crossover attention than the very green Reigns who can barely carry a match.

Yeah but the new/casual/non-fan generally doesn't give a s**t about this aspect of it. They just want to see cool looking guys that look awesome and look like they can kick some ass.

You're basically proving my point, in that wrestling fans get too caught up with the in-ring and technical aspect of things, when there are other, wider considerations at play.

Reigns vs. Lesnar is the wrestling equivalent of a Schwarzenneger movie. You're not watching it for the acting or the realism or technical skill, you're watching it for big muscle guys creating a spectacle, being alpha males and kicking ass.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back