List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent young mid tier blokes that may seek further opportunity elsewhere that I can think of are:

Jesse Lonergan (GC)
Alex Sexton (GC)
Adam Kennedy (GWS)
Nick Haynes (GWS)
Jacob Townsend (GWS)

(As a sample from just GC & GWS)

All 5 of these blokes would possibly already be in the best 22 of every other club, but aren't at their present club due to the depth of talent around the same age. I'd have any of them TBH

Pretty sure it hasn't been an issue for Haynes, as he's best 22 for them - he's just been injured a lot. He played the first 8 games last year I think - then went out injured for the year I believe.

Sorry my learned friend, but I think I disagree.
I do agree that it's war, but I don't think we should play dirty.
When we are playing off in the Grand Final in a few years, I want everybody barracking for us ...
..... including the opposition. :)
No way. When we lost to those ******* scum it didn't make it any better because everyone else was going for us. However when Malcom Butler intercepted Wilson at the one yard line I didn't give the slightest s**t that the rest of the NFL fans had gotten their panties in a bunch in the 2 weeks leading up to the game.

Winning is what we need, whether we get there liked or hated.

Disagree to a certain extent in that it's harder to pick the next Montagna, much easier to recruit a sure thing like Treloar who would be the best player from day 1 at out club. Thankfully Wayne Hughes has pretty good history in picking good, solid contributors and we can't lose with a top 2 pick this year.
IMHO, there's a sellers market and a buyers market.
With GWS attempting to re-sign all of its elite talent, paying massive overs for them, they will have no choice than to offload 2nd tier talent as a) The AFL requires a minimum of 4 primary list delistings each year, and b) this so called second tier talent won't want to stay at GWS for $140K on a loaded list when a club like us can offer them $240K plus games as they develop.

Let me also make it clear, IMO, GWS have no s**t players on their list, they have hand picked a generation of talent and continue to load up, their second tier talent have the ability to be very good players.

I'm also not as high on Treloar as others appear to be, I'd just as happily take Whitfield or Shiel if we could land them. As we build our list, you can't afford to have a team of A Graders, that model will be unsustainable when it comes to long term success.

Many people questioned the wisdom of us getting Dempster, and we all know how he developed.

Still filthy we missed out on Miles. Who else do GWS have lying around not getting games but should be?

EDIT: Who Rors hasn't already mentioned..
Ahern 2015 :p

In sport and money in sport I just couldn't care less I couldnt about if an opposition supporter likes me team.

So I guess I am then
Perfect.
You play the bad cop, I'll play the good cop, and we'll nail their arses to the cross. :)
Get a room...

Still filthy we missed out on Miles. Who else do GWS have lying around not getting games but should be?

EDIT: Who Rors hasn't already mentioned..
From GWS, others I didn't mention yesterday were:

Buntine
Corr
Golds
McCarthy
Plowman
Stewart
Wilson

Again, I'd welcome any of these blokes with open arms & even give them a kiss on the way past if they come on the very cheap!

Hoskin-Elliot is the only name we need to worry about.
I agree 110%, but I'd still be happy with any of those 2nd tier blokes if they were forcing their way to us via DFA...

Every club in the land would be ready to clear cap space for WHE, we've just got to make ours the best offer.... $6mil for 5years & front load the * out of it ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mind copying the tweets for us unc?

To be fair, he didn't say lock him in. He said that Saints were "in the front of that queue" to sign Treloar and that his gut tells him it's "about 50/50" but that word from "other teams were he would come home."

So, if he does leave GWS we have a fantastic chance, but it's not necessarily locked in.

To be fair, he didn't say lock him in. He said that Saints were "in the front of that queue" to sign Treloar and that his gut tells him it's "about 50/50" but that word from "other teams were he would come home."

So, if he does leave GWS we have a fantastic chance, but it's not necessarily locked in.
He also said saints were leading the way for Sloaney

IMHO, there's a sellers market and a buyers market.
With GWS attempting to re-sign all of its elite talent, paying massive overs for them, they will have no choice than to offload 2nd tier talent as a) The AFL requires a minimum of 4 primary list delistings each year, and b) this so called second tier talent won't want to stay at GWS for $140K on a loaded list when a club like us can offer them $240K plus games as they develop.

Let me also make it clear, IMO, GWS have no s**t players on their list, they have hand picked a generation of talent and continue to load up, their second tier talent have the ability to be very good players.

I'm also not as high on Treloar as others appear to be, I'd just as happily take Whitfield or Shiel if we could land them. As we build our list, you can't afford to have a team of A Graders, that model will be unsustainable when it comes to long term success.

Many people questioned the wisdom of us getting Dempster, and we all know how he developed.
I agree with that Brian, completely agree, but I'd say Shiel and Whitfield are easily first tier talents, even at GWS. Any of the players in and around their 22 would be great additions to our list. IMO we should aim for at least 1 of these guys during our rebuild.

Dylan Shiel - 2015
Will Hoskin-Elliott - 2015
Adam Treloar - 2015
Jacob Townsend - 2015
Nathan Wilson - 2015

Curtly Hampton - 2016
Lachie Whitfield - 2016
Lachie Plowman - 2016
Caleb Marchbank - 2016
Aidan Corr - 2016
James Stewart - 2016
Paul Ahern - 2016
Tim Golds - 2016

Adam Kennedy - 2017
Adam Tomlinson - 2017
Josh Kelly - 2017
Nick Haynes - 2017

I agree with that Brian, completely agree, but I'd say Shiel and Whitfield are easily first tier talents, even at GWS. Any of the players in and around their 22 would be great additions to our list. IMO we should aim for at least 1 of these guys during our rebuild.

Dylan Shiel - 2015
Adam Treloar - 2015
Jacob Townsend - 2015
Nathan Wilson - 2015

Curtly Hampton - 2016
Lachie Whitfield - 2016
Lachie Plowman - 2016
Caleb Marchbank - 2016
Aidan Corr - 2016
James Stewart - 2016
Paul Ahern - 2016
Tim Golds - 2016

Adam Kennedy - 2017
Adam Tomlinson - 2017
Josh Kelly - 2017
Nick Haynes - 2017
Treloar 2015
Whitfield 2016
Josh Kelly 2017

Please. That's not asking for too much is it?

Dylan Shiel - 2015
Adam Treloar - 2015
Jacob Townsend - 2015
Nathan Wilson - 2015

Curtly Hampton - 2016
Lachie Whitfield - 2016
Lachie Plowman - 2016
Caleb Marchbank - 2016
Aidan Corr - 2016
James Stewart - 2016
Paul Ahern - 2016
Tim Golds - 2016

Adam Kennedy - 2017
Adam Tomlinson - 2017
Josh Kelly - 2017
Nick Haynes - 2017
It's funny, Stewart was passed over as a F/S pick by the Filth, has been largely ignored by GWS and yet I remain quite keen on him.

We're all hugely keen on Spencer White making the grade, but if he doesn't, Stewart strikes me as a perfect alternative.

He's tall (198cm), extremely skilled for a tall bloke and very athletic. He probably doesn't have quite the same 'tricks' that Spence has, but I reckon he'll be a player.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back