News 2015 preseason training news and updates

Remove this Banner Ad

i heard king his been to every bookie in the country looking for the best price for geelong to miss the eight
does he have inside info?
he put a very large sum on it

theres help 24/7 for people like you dave
Ill take his money off him seeing as he is throwing it away
:)

Any team with Harry, Hawkins, Selwood in it would just about make the 8

that's very true but Blease is an explosive runner. The only player who resembled similar qualities and was still light years behind was Jesse Stringer. Blease may only prove to be a slightly better version of that.

As for Stanley, who else did we have in the reserves last year that could come in and help out in ruck/defence/forward apart from Walker (who is not even tall enough to pinch hit in ruck for a full game)?

This is where we can get some help this year if injuries reoccur regardless of how inconsistent or piss poor they may be as players. Stanley's a good one anyways, may not be worth a Christensen overall but he definitely has a high ceiling.
Stanley has all of the tools that's for sure

If he can put it all together and get the best out of himself he could be anything.... that's the big if

Stanley has all of the tools that's for sure

If he can put it all together and get the best out of himself he could be anything.... that's the big if

Wasn't he the second or third best mark inside 50 for the year? Contested marks I think.

If he brings that game, with some gut running in the middle during a ruck stint, look out. A few saints supporters weren't happy he'd left.

I'm not saying that the club should have known; just that it's disappointing that this happened now when it will turn into a Nathan Ablett situation where we have to draw a line through a list spot for a year while one of the many guys let go at the end of last year could have had another chance.

I see your point there.

Just the way the dice have rolled for us unfortunately.

Wasn't he the second or third best mark inside 50 for the year? Contested marks I think.

If he brings that game, with some gut running in the middle during a ruck stint, look out. A few saints supporters weren't happy he'd left.

Probably!....he's got some serious stats, I think it's stringing quality games together was his problem at the Saints, but then he always had to let Nick go first and he had injury issues for some time, with luck it's all behind him.

He had an enormous game showing what he is capable of against Freo late in the year as well... if we see more of that we will all be very happy

You worry too much, Biggy.

Stanley is coming into his prime as a footballer and will do well with us. TBH I'm amazed the Saints got rid of him after putting in all the development over the past five years.

I'm also confident that Blease will do better with us than he did for the Ds.

There were a bunch of Saints supporters who felt exactly the same way.

Yep, I agree. Also though, Gore I think got his hands on it, but just the touch was missing. They both will be better for it.

I think both will have a very good chance to play a fair bit this year, both look ready to go and able to contribute.

Yes…I thought he looked ok too….

A quick handball to Stokes to set up Clark's first goal was a nice touch….

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif
Better call Saul.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The boys did miss Gregson though, which I found a little disappointing.

edit* apologies, I thought you were talking about how all the boys got around him after the goal.

No, just squaring the ball up, for him all alone in front of goal. Such a good team action.

I find it interesting to hear he is ahead of last year when he hasn't been mentioned for a game yet and he played NAB2 (i think) last year...

Getting more work into him before playing maybe?

This……. I think.

He "blew up" in September…maybe they want to give him more of a base to work from this year. If we're right, seems like a sensible move.

This……. I think.

He "blew up" in September…maybe they want to give him more of a base to work from this year. If we're right, seems like a sensible move.
And as much as we all want to see the team happening now we'd be much happier if holding him back for an extra few weeks game wise now meant he was in better shape later in the year

I think they have to take a different approach with McIntosh this season given how last year went. This approach sounds like one change. The other will be spelling him regularly through the season with at least Stanley there to provide support if Simpson is again absent.

I especially liked the bit where after fumbling it and losing the ball he absolutely rag dolled the gold coast bloke in the tackle... that was as positive a sign as any for me

I was unsure of his match fitness. He actually looked completely spent after he lost the pill but then laid 2 more tackles and was involved again to create the stoppage. I really liked the repeat efforts defensively and him showing that his game is not just about playing in one direction - as good as he appears to be going that one way.

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back