Game Day Cats V Blues 8 quarter Preseason Blockbuster.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just working through the replay bit by bit.. Goodness Neales set shot goal from 50 was absolutely effortless

I could easily see them bobbling out of the 8 this year and then coming back strong in 2025.

Question marks over Melbourne, St Kilda and Carlton for me (relative to anyone locking them in the 8).

Geelong, Adelaide and maybe Fremantle or Bulldogs could pounce.
Fremantle will be an interesting watch this season - very mixed feelings coming out of Cockburn at the moment.

I'm also sceptical - they put together a very good backend of the year last year, but there is this false assumption that a prelim finalist will automatically improve and take the next step and it actually, going on statistics, more than often does not happen. I do think if Sam Walsh is fit and firing, he becomes the best player in the competition, however Harry McKay again looked worrying, Weitering under a cloud, Doc and Cripps getting a year older. Their 15-22 is solid - however I see Sydney, GWS, Lions and Pies as my top four, Carlton in that 4th-7th race
I don’t rate them.

Would have loved to have seen more of Mannagh.

I think he probably played maybe 1.5 quarters… but he looked completely comfortable and up to the level imo.

Maybe he continued with the VFL side.

I think he will play plenty of footy this year in the AFL.

He just knows how to play.
Wasn't flustered. Had clean hands and the pace to make time for himself to pick out targets. Looked great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thing I constantly have done since we got him is underestimate the hard edge Bowes has, he has looked good so far today but geeze it's pleasing how willing he is to get his hands dirty

I thing I constantly have done since we got him is underestimate the hard edge Bowes has, he has looked good so far today but geeze it's pleasing how willing he is to get his hands dirty
I see Cam Guthrie potential in Bowes.

And he did hint at that at the Suns, both as a back flanker and as a midfielder (briefly).

We got glimpses last season but an undefined role and getting to grips with a new system lead to a slightly disappointing start (only cause my hopes were high).

I know it's only a pre season game and he did similar last season, but I just see a really good player there. Hopefully he brings that to the table in 2024.

I see Cam Guthrie potential in Bowes.

And he did hint at that at the Suns, both as a back flanker and as a midfielder (briefly).

We got glimpses last season but an undefined role and getting to grips with a new system lead to a slightly disappointing start (only cause my hopes were high).

I know it's only a pre season game and he did similar last season, but I just see a really good player there. Hopefully he brings that to the table in 2024.

Bowes looked a different player entirely. A way to go but good signs

I just back my judgement in haha. Get some right and some wrong. I think shaun looked clearly ready today though. I agree dempsey is very close though too and its hard to fit both in. Maybe one of them will have to play up on a wing (especially if guthrie misses r1).
I trust your judgement.

But to be clear I am worried you Mannagh crush will dilute your Bruhn crush and I need you to keep the faith.

You and I have been on that crusade and we haven’t won everyone over yet!

I am ok for the mannagh crusade but only if you keep with me on Tanner!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back