Autopsy Cats lose to Blues by 8 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not discussing the analysis at all. You've well and truly gone into your shell. 3 goal from bad Geelong sequences, Sav bears the blame being the last link on the chain but is not the major issue in any of them. A minor adjustment and he may contest one or two (now do you really need me to dissect every action he performed where he squared the contest?) if he is a truly elite and experienced defender. My opinion is that May and Lever splitting duties on Curnow in that exact game still ends up with the same result of 5 Curnow goals.

I see you've neatly avoided the root cause of each of Curnow's goals - Tuohy twice, Holmes, C.Guthrie, then the midfielders on the wing for one. Surely you can figure that out.

Holmes was beaten by Acres, Danger by Cripps, C.Guthrie by Kennedy, Atkins/Blicavs by Cerra/Ed Curnow, Close/Stengle by Saad, Stanley by TDK - all to more significant degrees than Sav/SDK on Curnow/Mackay. If you're stuck analysing the game as "key forwards kicked goals, therefore key defenders are what made us lose" you just don't have a footy brain. And there's nothing wrong with that, not everybody does. Some people prefer to screech and stomp their feet.
Mr Meow said:
Curnow did also kick goals while matched against SDK, MOC and Zuthrie too. SDK and Sav split the Mackay/Curnow roles and several times blokes rolled over onto new opponents. But don't let me ruin your narrative for you.

You seam uninterested or unable to back up your initial post I called rubbish

Mr Meow said:
Curnow did also kick goals while matched against SDK, MOC and Zuthrie too. SDK and Sav split the Mackay/Curnow roles and several times blokes rolled over onto new opponents. But don't let me ruin your narrative for you.

You seam uninterested or unable to back up your initial post I called rubbish
One of Curnow's points was against Z.Guthrie. I did see MOC matched up on him but the sequence wasn't a goal in the end. The defence all rolled onto a number of players.

You're only sticking with this particular point like a dog on a bone because it's been pointed out how stupid your attack on Sav looked in the first place. I provided a full analysis of all five goals, including the 3 when Sav was on Curnow and the 2 he was not. I highlighted the issues that would be dissected on review. I absolutely know your cognitive function would allow you to pick up the same things upon watching the replay. With perhaps a little more vitriol towards Tuohy, Guthrie, Holmes and Blicavs. And perhaps a little less to Sav. Except wait: your mind is made up, you want to screech at the whipping boy and make all kinds of ridiculous summations about that being the key issue.

In a game against the odds, Cameron dominated more than Curnow did. Curnow had a couple of great goals around 50 then did what would be expected of him given the supply from the rest. If Carlton turned the ball over like we did Hawkins would have 5 goals and nobody from either side would bat an eyelid, let alone go after Weitering etc. Who are experienced defenders.

One of Curnow's points was against Z.Guthrie. I did see MOC matched up on him but the sequence wasn't a goal in the end. The defence all rolled onto a number of players.

You're only sticking with this particular point like a dog on a bone because it's been pointed out how stupid your attack on Sav looked in the first place. I provided a full analysis of all five goals, including the 3 when Sav was on Curnow and the 2 he was not. I highlighted the issues that would be dissected on review. I absolutely know your cognitive function would allow you to pick up the same things upon watching the replay. With perhaps a little more vitriol towards Tuohy, Guthrie, Holmes and Blicavs. And perhaps a little less to Sav. Except wait: your mind is made up, you want to screech at the whipping boy and make all kinds of ridiculous summations about that being the key issue. Use your bloody brain mate.
Interesting you think I have Sav as a whipping boy,I started a thread here probably 3 years ago now call for Sav to be taken over by Scarlett and transformed into a key back I seen it as his best chance of becoming best 22 at the Cats I got smashed for it and the thread was locked my opinion hasn't changed,my issue was sole aimed at your initial post not Sav.

Interesting you think I have Sav as a whipping boy,I started a thread here probably 3 years ago now call for Sav to be taken over by Scarlett and transformed into a key back I seen it as his best chance of becoming best 22 at the Cats I got smashed for it and the thread was locked my opinion hasn't changed,my issue was sole aimed at your initial post not Sav.
Right so the original post I replied to was

"Again, can't agree with you on this, he bled goals and looked completely out of his depth at times, an occasional intercept mark or spoil is nowhere near good enough when you're conceding goals the way he was."

If I instead said "Sav manned Curnow for 3 of the 5 goals. A few players rolled onto him during Calrton's fast breaks. In none of the 5 Curnow goals was the key defender the most critical issue". Replying to point out a technicality and saying "absolute rubbish" infers that you are siding with that original contention and disagreeing with my overall point, that I then raised in the goal by goal analysis.

Apologies if I've misread this and you were merely wanting to engage in semantics. If you said "well I believe Sav manned Curnow for 3 goals, SDK one and Cameron one...but I agree/disagree with your opinion because..." well then there's a discussion to be had. Its nitpicking for nitpickings sake otherwie.

Spot on. I also can't see how he could fit into a defence with everyone available, but in the mean time he's not quite the cause of our issues some make out. It's been an unfortunate time for Tuohy to get knocked around and lose his marbles too. If he remembers how to play and Kolo comes back in, I think it'll steady us a touch. But it's Stewart who we really miss.

And Jack Henry. A criminally underrated player.

It's embarrassing we are at round 2 and the players look like they have been to war for 13 weeks. Looks like 3/4 of the squad are carrying an injury of some sort - what the * are the fitness staff doing down there.
We didn't look that fit after round 5 last year at 2-3. The run only got going subsequently. I remember even Freo ran over us at KP early on and Sydney pulverised us. Long way to go yet.

Even the Gold Coast game worries me, theyve got the Quality Ruck and strong midfield core to ask similar questions of our defence, can be hard to stop if they get a run on at home aswell, danger game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even the Gold Coast game worries me, theyve got the Quality Ruck and strong midfield core to ask similar questions of our defence, can be hard to stop if they get a run on at home aswell, danger game.
Good. What's the point of bouncing back against easy beats? Carlton were a moderate test and we failed, but could've nabbed it. Gold Coast up there can be a moderate test (depends if they show up or not), hopefully we improve a bit and pass it.

It's not as daunting as Sydney away, Port away or Melbourne at the G but it's something to dig our teeth into. Yes, that brings risk of failure into the equation but such is a footy season.

It's embarrassing we are at round 2 and the players look like they have been to war for 13 weeks. Looks like 3/4 of the squad are carrying an injury of some sort - what the * are the fitness staff doing down there.
And yet we only lost by 8 points …haven’t been flogged yet so I wouldn’t worry about the fitness too much as it’ll come eventually

What a noteworthy post on a opposition board

Maybe post that on your board flog
Apologies guys, went to your board to see what you thought about your loss, how we played etc. Then went to work … got home and assumed I was on CFC board on our autopsy thread. Meant no disrespect … Cats are my second favourite team and have a lot of respect for how you guys do things. Wrapped with the win cause beating you guys is a real feather in the cap. Pretty sure u guys will be there come the pointy end this year again.

Building slowly to be at your peak when it matters!

It's obvious we're missing Kolo, Duncan and Jack Henry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back