Autopsy Cats lose to Blues by 8 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I'm wrong Pure, I really am... but I honestly think Suns will beat us next week
Know how you feel. We are nowhere near good consistent form, and GC away is always a challenge.

Know how you feel. We are nowhere near good consistent form, and GC away is always a challenge.
I hope I'm wrong dubs, I love the Cats, but I'm concerned. I do think the Suns will beat us...
The way we are playing I am concerned and it's only from after the Carlton game

I hope I'm wrong dubs, I love the Cats, but I'm concerned. I do think the Suns will beat us...
The way we are playing I am concerned and it's only from after the Carlton game

Gold coasts defence and their wing roles were awful today. We should win this

Carlton v Geelong​

9 - Jeremy Cameron (GEEL)
9 - Charlie Curnow (CARL)
6 - Adam Saad (CARL)
2 - Ed Curnow (CARL)
2 - Jacob Weitering (CARL)
1 - Blake Acres (CARL)
1 - Isaac Smith (GEEL)

Curnow was good but Cameron should've taken the 10 comfortably.

Despite the 0-2 and the away game coming against the Suns, i am confident the Cats can get back on the horse this week. I reckon strangely enough the daytime game, 2pm should ensure a match where the conditions should be dry (of course unless it's a tropical downpour!) and maybe a chance to get first hands on the ball and have a bit more precision with kicks and handballs. The high pressure and somewhat slippery conditions in the evenings of the previous two games...prime example was the absolute rugby scrum i think in the 3rd quarter where 25 seconds of flibbling, diving, tapping etc found the ball pop out to a loose Blue who then kicked it forward for a Carlton goal was a bit of a microcosm of that.

Several times a flailing Geelong tackle saw the ball reefed out by both the Pies and Blues to a well-positioned (or luckily) positioned team mate...how many short 3-4 metre kicks by a tackled Blue landed in the lap of a running team-mate? Just think with such disruption to our defence...i'd like to see any side miss four excellent defenders the quality of Stewart, Duncan, Kolo and J.Henry and not endure some significant diminution of their effectiveness.

Besides i'm also hanging my hat on years like 1980 and 1992.....0-2 starts which ultimately saw Geelong top the table at year's end. To be frank....the only other years we've been 0-2 since 1980 have been 1986 (shithouse side), 1990 (Hawks and Dees previous years finalists)..and a shizen second half of the year, 2002...(GF Bombers Rd 1 and Crows away Rd 2), 2003 (last genuinely crappy year Geelongs had), 2004 (Saints and Blues), but finished 15-7 and with the double chance. And 2015...The opening two rounds making for Chris Scott's longest losing sequence as coach....4, including the straight sets of the 2014 finals.

So under Scott, the 11-9-1 of 2015 is the most recent incarnation. And given the absolute hot Pies and the closeness of Rd 2, i'm quietly confident the Cats can come back from this and be in contention fairly quickly. This side doesn't like to lose, and i'm sure they'll be looking to fix that.

Heartening to see some action being taken by the MRO against TDK for his classless knee to Stanley's midriff.

While a $2,000 fine is hardly going to dent his holiday fund, it does at least show that the AFL is paying some attention to the issue of defenceless players being targeted by sniping behaviour. Hope Tom learns a lesson about playing the ball and not the man in the future.
Listened to a snippet from Sam Edmund that confirmed Carlton had this charge thrown out at the Tribunal the other night. Supposedly they argued that his action wasn't 'careless'.:rolleyes:

I guess in one respect they were right, though. It was much more gutless than careless.

Edmund also said that he expected there would be an update on the AFL site in due course, confirming this laughable overturning of what was a thoroughly sensible decision. Which I absolutely cannot see posted there anywhere at this point.

Yet more evidence of the sheer arrogance of the almighty AFL. When you get things totally wrong, don't even bother trying to write up a justification for your illegitimate actions. Just steam-roll forward and trust that everyone will ignore your inaction and move on to the 'next big thing'.

#aflfifaandtheioc
#spotthedifference
#therereallyisntone

Last edited:
Besides i'm also hanging my hat on years like 1980 and 1992.....0-2 starts which ultimately saw Geelong top the table at year's end. To be frank....the only other years we've been 0-2 since 1980 have been 1986 (shithouse side), 1990 (Hawks and Dees previous years finalists)..and a shizen second half of the year, 2002...(GF Bombers Rd 1 and Crows away Rd 2), 2003 (last genuinely crappy year Geelongs had), 2004 (Saints and Blues), but finished 15-7 and with the double chance. And 2015...The opening two rounds making for Chris Scott's longest losing sequence as coach....4, including the straight sets of the 2014 finals.

So under Scott, the 11-9-1 of 2015 is the most recent incarnation. And given the absolute hot Pies and the closeness of Rd 2, i'm quietly confident the Cats can come back from this and be in contention fairly quickly. This side doesn't like to lose, and i'm sure they'll be looking to fix that.

Seeing you mentioned it - and it is the review of the Geel v Carlton game

Round 2 - 1980 Carlton v Geelong at Princess Park - and i was in attendance - Blues were short price faves of course

A few memories - i reckon it was a public holiday Monday - Cats led 7 goals to 2 at qtr time ( but i still knew theyd get beat which they narrowly did )

But the reason they had that lead - Peter Featherby - the Geelong centreman kicked 4 goals in that 1st qtr - and they were absolute ripper goals - all snaps from 35-40 metres out - there was a tricky cross breeze blowing - and he allowed for the breeze perfectly

Ive never seen any player - for any team- who in a crowded situation - who could get the ball onto his boot so quickly and accurately

Seeing you mentioned it - and it is the review of the Geel v Carlton game

Round 2 - 1980 Carlton v Geelong at Princess Park - and i was in attendance - Blues were short price faves of course

A few memories - i reckon it was a public holiday Monday - Cats led 7 goals to 2 at qtr time ( but i still knew theyd get beat which they narrowly did )

But the reason they had that lead - Peter Featherby - the Geelong centreman kicked 4 goals in that 1st qtr - and they were absolute ripper goals - all snaps from 35-40 metres out - there was a tricky cross breeze blowing - and he allowed for the breeze perfectly

Ive never seen any player - for any team- who in a crowded situation - who could get the ball onto his boot so quickly and accurately
Great memory GOB.
I’ll be a s**t stirrer and ask if he got ball to boot quickly due to hearing footsteps??
I was at the game where he got 48 and 4.
Must have had great stamina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back