Autopsy Cats lose to Blues by 8 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The next game is huge, we need to make a statement
TBH, I don't think we are yet in a position to 'make a statement', neither does that really matter in round 3. A win, however, is an absolutely non-negotiable and we will need to turn up here and put in a good showing. GC are no easy beats up there, particularly early in the year as their history indicates.

0-3 spells big trouble, it's why I am expecting the experience and class of this goup to get the win. It's likely to be very ugly though. But that's completely okay at this early stage in the season. A win and no injuries is all that matters right now IMO.

Correction 2nd toughest
The toughest kicked 6 from 25odd touches and almost dragged our sorry asses to a win tonight
Are you a donkey? Or are you a Yank? (Same thing)

Keep your Americanisms to yourself. We're in Australia and the correct terminology is 'arses' :moustache:

Last edited:

Heartening to see some action being taken by the MRO against TDK for his classless knee to Stanley's midriff.

While a $2,000 fine is hardly going to dent his holiday fund, it does at least show that the AFL is paying some attention to the issue of defenceless players being targeted by sniping behaviour. Hope Tom learns a lesson about playing the ball and not the man in the future.

Curnow did also kick goals while matched against SDK, MOC and Zuthrie too. SDK and Sav split the Mackay/Curnow roles and several times blokes rolled over onto new opponents. But don't let me ruin your narrative for you.

That's okay, you didn't, if I said Curnow kicked all his goals against Ratugolea you would have, but I didn't say that.
Kicked "at least" three on him, and McKay kicked his only goal for the match against him as well.

Heartening to see some action being taken by the MRO against TDK for his classless knee to Stanley's midriff.

While a $2,000 fine is hardly going to dent his holiday fund, it does at least show that the AFL is paying some attention to the issue of defenceless players being targeted by sniping behaviour. Hope Tom learns a lesson about playing the ball and not the man in the future.
And the week before??

FFS we only lost by 8 points i.e. less than 2 kicks, when we had our best defenders out or injured and our midfield down. Carlton can't be very good given the circumstances - they would have flogged us if they were. But you'd think by the carry-on in here that we were annihilated.

I'm quietly confident that come mid-season we'll be in the thick of things. If not, that's when I'll start to whinge a bit, not after 2 bloody games.

Seriously, some of the 'supporters' in here have absolutely no idea (and that's putting it mildly). GET A GRIP! :shoutyoldman:

Even the Gold Coast game worries me, theyve got the Quality Ruck and strong midfield core to ask similar questions of our defence, can be hard to stop if they get a run on at home aswell, danger game.

Their defence is bog average if we break even in inside 50s we will win comfortably. Big thats a big IF i worry that witts and their mids will stop us getting supply to our forwards.

That's okay, you didn't, if I said Curnow kicked all his goals against Ratugolea you would have, but I didn't say that.
Kicked "at least" three on him, and McKay kicked his only goal for the match against him as well.
See above analysis and decide if Sav (or SDK for the other two) was the major problem in those passages of play for the goals. I dissected each and every goal on a replay so we don't have to worry about forgetting any details. Carlton forwards simply got on the end of easy chains following horrendous turnovers/mistakes upfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's embarrassing we are at round 2 and the players look like they have been to war for 13 weeks. Looks like 3/4 of the squad are carrying an injury of some sort - what the * are the fitness staff doing down there.
We did win the last quarter and only lost by 8 points. CGuthrie had 12 last quarter possessions. Gives hope for next week

Hard to say... who would you say Esava was actually playing on against Carlton? It seemed all players in defence were changing on different opponents

From the sound of things Cameron partied the hardest post-premiership, so if he's able to play like that the hangover excuse won't wash for the rest of them - blokes a phenom.

Last quarter was a lot better football, if we start playing like that again more often we'll start to string the wins together in no time.
Last quarter was the best structure weve had so far this season. Given we have lost most of our established backline while adding three new players no surprise it was all over the place. Heres hoping we stabilize from here on.

Last edited:
Parfitt played three quarters last week and finished the game with five handballs, zero kicks.
Yeah agreed he had a stinker round 1. Finally averaged >20 touches last year tho, more than Atkins i think, and is hitting peak age.

I love Atkins - and i think Bruhn could be a gun inside mid for us eventually - but I think Parfitt’s more effective than both ATM. Atkins doesn’t get it enough in the first 3 quarters to be a main onballer, and Bruhn isn’t a first choice mid yet, he needs to be developing and learning from Danger so he can be a gun in 3 years.

We are still finding our feet with a number of new players , key outs and probably not yet match fit.
Two losses against 2 teams that may be better than last season - look at what the Pies did today and realise we were ahead of them for 3 quarters before being overrun.
I’m reminded it’s very early in the season , let’s see in 10 weeks time how we adapt and perform.

See above analysis and decide if Sav (or SDK for the other two) was the major problem in those passages of play for the goals. I dissected each and every goal on a replay so we don't have to worry about forgetting any details. Carlton forwards simply got on the end of easy chains following horrendous turnovers/mistakes upfield.

Sorry but I've heard that reasoning (excuse) before when a defender gets beaten.
Not a knock on Ratugolea, he's still learning the position, but when your direct opponents kick five out of thirteen goals it's hard to say anything other then he was well beaten.

Last week he was good, this week poor, nothing wrong with acknowledging that.

Sorry but I've heard that reasoning (excuse) before when a defender gets beaten.
Not a knock on Ratugolea, he's still learning the position, but when your direct opponents kick five out of thirteen goals it's hard to say anything other then he was well beaten.

Last week he was good, this week poor, nothing wrong with acknowledging that.
It takes 22 players to kick a goal, and 22 players to stop one.

2 losses - against good quality teams - but the Cats now need a win - to get things stabilised

But one thing those 2 consecutive losses in a small way highlight - is that Geelong have been up for the past 20 years - (irrespective of the flags) it is just incredible really - to keep winning all those games for such a long period of time - without having a bad/down patch for 4-5 years like basically every other club does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back