Game Day Cats V Blues 8 quarter Preseason Blockbuster.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a Claytons Preseason game.... the Preaseason game you have when you're not really having a preseason game.

Much will be taken from a game that literally has no baring on anything real - but it could show so much as well.

The weird start time gives me a 1630 bounce so unlikely ill be watching fully at the start so prefabbed this to get it going.

www.krockfootball.live is streaming the game as well as Kayo and Fox Footy.

Here we go.

GO Catters

Little earfy but putting this in play now as ill be at work when it kicks off.

Gonna lock the preseason thread till after the game and will reopen it then.

GO Catters

So now Fox Footy showing me no live coverage now at all for today and only a 1 hr replay in 2 days time.

Frustration rising

Go Catters

Main Fox Footy channel is showing the Swans v GWS game. Our game is on the other channel - 503 or 257.
I’m only able to use watchafl.con.au being overseas and all

Go Catters

So now Fox Footy showing me no live coverage now at all for today and only a 1 hr replay in 2 days time.

Frustration rising

Go Catters

Its on channel 503 from 11.30am to 2.30pm

Good to see almost a fully fit list. I imagine the first 3 quarters at least will be our current b22 plus the 3 or 4 likely to come in for round 1 (eg mannagh clark knevitt neale dempsey etc). Most of the senior guys wont play more than 3/4 max id assume and the last 4 of the 8 periods will be mainly the kids like foster clohesy murdoch etc plus the vfl guys.

I am interested to see fiore get a gig we obviously still rate him despite the acl. Bradtke will be interesting to get a look at too.

I got my popcorn ready and will be watching every second of it as it happens.

Not sure how many other regulars in here will be available to do that, but hopefully there’s a few of us.
I got work so will have to gradually watch the replay tonight and maybe tomorrow night. Will be interested to know if there's anything to watch out for specifically

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does the AFL have a heat policy?
Yeah in this day and age of sports science, where they try to get that little extra percent here and there with conditioning and recovery - I just don't think that playing footy in > 35° heat is the smartest option.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure they have all sorts of things to mitigate it and the players will probably be fine, but on balance I don't think there is a lot of benefit to playing this game at this time.

At least it is early in the day I suppose.

Good to see almost a fully fit list. I imagine the first 3 quarters at least will be our current b22 plus the 3 or 4 likely to come in for round 1 (eg mannagh clark knevitt neale dempsey etc). Most of the senior guys wont play more than 3/4 max id assume and the last 4 of the 8 periods will be mainly the kids like foster clohesy murdoch etc plus the vfl guys.

I am interested to see fiore get a gig we obviously still rate him despite the acl. Bradtke will be interesting to get a look at too.
I think they are going to rest a couple of our best 22 in q1 to spread out across the 4 qtrs. Indeed they are even going to have some sit out 2nd and 3rd qtrs (on the bike) which is a bit strange tbh.

So might be hard to read too much into who plays when. Other than maybe the best 28 which will play across the first 4 qtrs

Yeah in this day and age of sports science, where they try to get that little extra percent here and there with conditioning and recovery - I just don't think that playing footy in > 35° heat is the smartest option.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure they have all sorts of things to mitigate it and the players will probably be fine, but on balance I don't think there is a lot of benefit to playing this game at this time.

I got dressed in running gear. Went outside and said nup. Already too hot for me

In horse racing the card is cancelled once a certain temp is reached
Im assuming some threshold also exists AFL

I signed up again (I always just do monthly once season starts) just now. We can't even watch the match?!
I don’t see it listed anywhere as a live option and we only get the one feed

We have no option to chose ch 503 - lemme know if ylu find it anywhere

Go Catters

It’s showing we get Sydney vs GWS live and that’s it

Go Catters
That sounds like absolute dogsh* from the powers that be

How are we supposed to grow the game without a decent online international platform.

For a sport constrained by borders I'd be wanting to break those borders down at every opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back