Opinion North Melbourne's best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Very tough to pick this one, purely on form you would be considering Majak, he dominated Adelaide but was quieter in the Hawks game. Is he better than Brown or Black? Wood is better than all three and provides more flexibility

FF - Boomer, Waite, Thomas
HF - Higgins, Drew, Ziebelle
C - Gibson, Cunners, Wells
HB - Wright, Tarrant, JMac
FB - Firrito, Thompson, LMac
Foll - Goldy, Swallow, Dal-Santo
Bench - Turner, Wood, Atley/Tippett
Sub - Majak/Brown

Coaches seem to love Basti, Jacobs and Patch but I don't see who they could come in for. Depending on who we play there may be need for another tall in the backs (like we should have had for Sydney in the prelim)
I would start Wood as a sub. Can sub in for a mid, wing or forward.

I'm taking best 22 for rd 1. There are not 6-9 positions up for grabs.

The following can be added to the Rd 1 locks.
Gibson
Wright
Firrito
Higgins
Turner
Bastinac

There are 2 spots up for grabs. One of Tippett or Tarrant and one of Wood, Black, Brown and Daw.

That could and probably will change during the season though.
Tend to agree with all of the list Passmore.

Listening to the player interviews (JZ on SEN, Taz on NMFC) it sounds like Turner and Basti are seen as best 22 and Firrito as a key player in defense. I think the only debate about Gibson's selection in round 1 would be happening here but having never been dropped and being included in the leadership group, he is a certain starter in the eyes of the match committee. If Sammy Wright's selection is under question after his final series and his form in the kick'n'giggle games, then I better make my way down to the local optician. And Higgins hasn't been drafted to be a fringe player and that game against the Crows suggests he won't be wearing the Werribee colors in a hurry.

There was mild optimism about his improved size and what that could do for his skills.
I think optimism was in him being a good depth option again. Don't think he's relevant to this thread yet. Still behind Firrito, Atley, McDonald, Macmillan and Wright in his position.

Bar injury, Higgins will play every game in 2015. He's a top 10 player in terms of adding value to the side.
As a class player in a strong side and at the prime footy age of 27, he could have a big impact. Fitness would be the only question mark, but having a full pre-season is a good start. Expecting exciting things with Higgins this year.

JMac is a lock for the 21 isn't he? Ignoring the fact he's part of the leadership group now, he's good enough when fully fit I would've thought...

JMac is a lock for the 21 isn't he? Ignoring the fact he's part of the leadership group now, he's good enough when fully fit I would've thought...
Yeah, he's a sure thing.

long time reader, first time poster. ill give this a crack.
Round 1.
FB: Wright Tippet Tarrant/Spud
HB: Atley Thompson Lmac
C:NDS Swallow Harvey
HF: Higgins Petrie JZ
FF: Black Waite Thomas
R:Goldy Cunnington Wells
I: Jmac Turner Gibson S:Bastinac

Could make a case for another 5 or 6 players who could easily play. Great depth at the club!

Round 1.

Could make a case for another 5 or 6 players who could easily play. Great depth at the club!
Pretty good effort and welcome to bigfooty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too hard to pick.. I think taz and tippet play round one to free up Thompson but then that will leave one of spud, lmac, jmac or wright out. Big fight on our hands this weekend. If all perform then it's up to Bastinac to secure a spot I guess. Then at the other end with wood brown and black... Like I said too hard and a big game Saturday

Round 1.

Pretty Close give or take and here is ur first Like.. Welcome and dont forget me when u become Popular.......

Too hard to pick.. I think taz and tippet play round one to free up Thompson but then that will leave one of spud, lmac, jmac or wright out. Big fight on our hands this weekend. If all perform then it's up to Bastinac to secure a spot I guess. Then at the other end with wood brown and black... Like I said too hard and a big game Saturday

That username, ouch

Round 1.

Welcome mate, you'll like it here.

Welcome

FB: Wright Tippett McDonald
HB: Atley Thompson McMillan
C: Higgins Cunnington Wells
HF: Harvey Waite Wood
FF: Thomas Petrie Brown
R: Goldstein Swallow Ziebell
IC: Firrito, Turner, Dal Santo SUB: Gibson

Taz next in queue, assuming Hansen not ready.
Basti and Black miss out.

That's a pretty good side, above.

I think Browns a little ubderdone still, so I'd push Higgins to the flank, Wood deep with a license to roam, Silver to a wing and Spud off the pine. Gibson to the bench, Basti as a sub (reluctantly)

FB: Wright Tippett McDonald
HB: Atley Thompson McMillan
C: Higgins Cunnington Wells
HF: Harvey Waite Wood
FF: Thomas Petrie Brown
R: Goldstein Swallow Ziebell
IC: Firrito, Turner, Dal Santo SUB: Gibson

Taz next in queue, assuming Hansen not ready.
Basti and Black miss out.

Bloody tough.
For me, Brown out for Black.
Can't make my mind up on Taz and Tippett. Leaning slightly to Taz but I'd be happy either way.

Then the last decision who makes the best sub, Basti, Gibson or even Adams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back